Discovery Gaming Community
Farmers Alliance Interest - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Farmers Alliance Interest (/showthread.php?tid=138511)

Pages: 1 2 3

Farmers Alliance Interest - Croft - 04-25-2016

I've been looking into doing some good old fashioned cargo piracy, so I went digging through the ID's to find something suitable other than the Pirate ID and stumbled upon the Farmers Alliance. The previous faction attempt seemed to have disappeared several months ago so I thought I'd gauge interest in making another attempt with a few of my ideas thrown into the mix.

Before we get into all that, one thing has me a tad confused about the newly proposed ID:

The ZoI/allowance parts are a bit vague and error strewn, does it mean that Farmers Alliance can only demand credits from SynthFood ships or those carrying Paste and Gel but demand cargo for all other transports? Or does it mean they can only demand cargo and credits within their ZoI unless it involves SynthFoods?

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - TheSauron - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 07:43 PM)Croft Wrote: -Can treat engage in piracy against ships with Synth Paste and Synth Gel as combat targets.

Damn.

You may want to hit JayDee about the current Alliance). It's sure as dead as it can be, but there are at least some folks that may be interested, including me.

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - Croft - 04-25-2016

Apparently the question is, do you have what it takes to treat engage?

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - Corile - 04-25-2016

As the original creator of Alliance) I think I can safely say that it's pretty dead. Although the ID itself is pretty fun to play because you can dock on half the lawful bases in Kusari (those that belong to Samura). So it's like unlawful easy mode.

If you want to make another Alliance faction then poke me on skype and I can toss you over the graphic assets if you want to.

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - JayDee Kasane - 04-25-2016

Actually I planned to return to Alliance) somewhere this week and start to do some noise. No need to make new group, we can work something out together.

as for ID, second statement is more appropriate:
Or does it mean they can only demand cargo and credits within their ZoI unless it involves SynthFoods?
FA pirates anyone except for Samura, and outright destroys (at least they can do it) Synth Foods. you can demand credits from Kishiro and GMG, as well as from Ageira and EFL. Doesn't matter who your target is - if its not friendly you can pirate it no matter the ship they fly. Logic of course applies and should be followed always.

Cheers Prot, I'll give you a yell if theres enough interest.

Edit: Well if Jay is giving Alliance) another go I'll be happy to chip in a few ideas, my skype details are on my profile if you have a chat set up.

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - Wolfen - 04-25-2016

What's actual difference between Xenos and FA inside lore? They both despise outsiders to some extent, but only Xenos are given "kill all but Libertonians" card. Is FA more like LWB, but without cruiser access?

A little, from what I've gathered the FA are xenophobic due to a loss of livelyhood (Synth basically stole all their business) and so want to return to the old days of tradelane-less domination of the food market.

RE: Farmers Alliance Interest - Wolfen - 04-25-2016

Following that part of the sentence, shouldn't Ageira and DSE (not to mention Interspace) be valiable targets for Farmers Alliance then? You know, Ageira is responsible for Trade Lane maintenance, so it would make sense inRP.

I think almost everyone is viable targets for the Farmers aside from a handful of factions (Hogosha, Samura, Corsairs, LWB and Gaians, oh and the new imperial kusari faction birthed from the exiles).