Discovery Gaming Community
New line to Law ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: New line to Law ID (/showthread.php?tid=138598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New line to Law ID - sasapinjic - 04-28-2016

I suggest that new line be added to every law ID , something like :
"Do not stop players who have less than 4 units of any kind of contraband !"
Why ?
Lots of players like to have samples of some goods ( including contraband ) on board , for price catalog or price comparing , and you can hardly make profit from 4 units of contraband , so it is not consider smuggling , but lots of new law players ( even veterans ) tends to whine when they find 1 units on you . This simple line will prevent all that on start .
Opinions ?

RE: New line to Law ID - t0l - 04-28-2016

Laws in some places (coughLibertycough) say that carrying any amount of contraband is illegal. Lawfuls are simply, y'know, enforcing the law. It's not an ID problem, it's a law problem.

RE: New line to Law ID - Antonio - 04-28-2016

Although I see your point, you're mixing up server rules and house rules. Houses can make their own rules and nobody stops them from defining what is a contraband and how many of it one can carry. House rules will never get thrown into the server rules, or ID writings for that matter.

RE: New line to Law ID - Shiki - 04-28-2016

Contraband is contraband, no matter if you are selling 10 or 100g of coke.

RE: New line to Law ID - nOmnomnOm - 04-28-2016

Disagree with this. It is up to the house to decide.

RE: New line to Law ID - sasapinjic - 04-28-2016

Yeah , i know , but in this case it can be exception from law , we can simply ignore to see such trivial quantity , like in real life . No cop will bother you because of one joint or something , but it will for 5000 of them .
Lots of people don't use freelancer companion , and even ones that use it , it is not 100% reliable . When you have samples of goods , it is just like you have prices writen on paper .

RE: New line to Law ID - sindroms - 04-28-2016

Pretty sure some cops will shoot you for that.

RE: New line to Law ID - Lythrilux - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 02:48 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: Yeah , i know , but in this case it can be exception from law , we can simply ignore to see such trivial quantity , like in real life . No cop will bother you because of one joint or something , but it will for 5000 of them

I assure if I did some drugs in front of a police officer I'd wind up in a cell.

RE: New line to Law ID - sindroms - 04-28-2016

sasapinjic, Freelancer is basically a distopian future. The value of a human life is minuscule and people have a degraded moral compass. A police officer will do exactly that, given the chance just because it will good look on their bottom line at the end of the shift. Extra points if they have an excuse to write off yet another smuggler kill.

RE: New line to Law ID - Karst - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 02:47 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Disagree with this. It is up to the house to decide.

Pretty much this. Bretonia for example has the line "The possession and use of Cardamine for those afflicted by it is not illegal in Bretonia, with a maximum of five units allowed to be carried per ship at one time." in its laws, but it's silly to oorp force the houses to make such exceptions.