Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised (/showthread.php?tid=138802)

Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - aerelm - 05-03-2016

Faction activity review system has been a subject of various discussions among both the staff and the community for a long while now, and even though the staff have tried multiple approaches at making the system more productive, we're yet again applying a revision to the system. We understand that even though the intended purpose of the system is to make sure official factions representing each ID are actually active and taking care of the responsibilities of being official, the "auto-strip" system we have been employing until now may have been counter-productive in certain cases, such as low-activity factions who were struggling with ingame activity but still having a notable presence when needed getting stripped and leaving a gap not only in that faction's gameplay, but also any other faction which may have had to interact with them.

As such, we're moving to a new activity check system which works with the same standards as the previous ones (number of members, hours online, etc), but If an official faction is labeled inactive, the admin team will review their case (hopefully finding a solution to help attract more activity to that faction/region) and have a vote on stripping the official status rather than the automatic system we've been going with until now. It's needless to say, however, if a potential replacement for an inactive official faction is present on the server (i.e. an active unofficial group going for officialdom on the same ID), the inactive official faction might not get full benefits of this new privilege, but their case will be reviewed nevertheless.

We also encourage any official faction suffering from inactivity to make use of the FSR system and provide practical suggestions on what might help their activity, before they drop below the requirements (practical being the keyword - suggestions that can actually be implemented with the tools we currently have, and with longterm effects on the activity. Not something that'd require a whole new plugin written for it just to give a one week boost of activity).

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - sindroms - 05-03-2016

Please get an analysis going regarding activity of zones and activity of official factions going. See if imploying more server events will help.
As odd as this might sound, do not have official factions make them. Make them yourselves, as it comes as a surprise to the official faction players and make them want to participate.

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - Jeremy Hunter - 05-03-2016

So.

Does Council get to go into inactive mode and regain officialdom, or are they going to have to go through the whole thing again, is my only question.

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - 7AlphaOne1 - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 08:45 AM)sindroms Wrote: Please get an analysis going regarding activity of zones and activity of official factions going. See if imploying more server events will help.
As odd as this might sound, do not have official factions make them. Make them yourselves, as it comes as a surprise to the official faction players and make them want to participate.

+1

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - Laura C. - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 08:41 AM)aerelm Wrote:
We also encourage any official faction suffering from inactivity to make use of the FSR system and provide practical suggestions on what might help their activity, before they drop below the requirements (practical being the keyword - suggestions that can actually be implemented with the tools we currently have, and with longterm effects on the activity
Does this mean that FSRs are from now on voluntary? And where should be posted by those who want to make them or those who should because of their low activity?

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - nOmnomnOm - 05-04-2016

When do we get to post our faction reports?

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - Nightcaper - 05-09-2016

Does this have anything to do with the reason of why I still haven't gotten word if I'm accepted or denied in LPI? Are those in charge of it currently inactive, or do I just need to be more patient? It's been making me worry for a while.

No, faction recruitment is up to factions - Tunicle

RE: Admin Notice: Faction Activity System Revised - Haste - 05-09-2016

I'm not overly hyped about the addition of more subjectivity to a previously objective system, but considering how mediocre the system used to be it's still an improvement.