Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Faction Diplomacy Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Faction Diplomacy Changes (/showthread.php?tid=138980)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Cris - 05-06-2016

The final nail in Discovery's coffin.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - SeaFalcon - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 05:04 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Therefore, all Official and Unofficial factions who wish to change their diplomacy toward another faction, must file an FR5 report in Rule Violations subforum,

How does this commute with:

Rules Wrote:Faction Right 5.
Official player factions may request that the reputation of a player's ship be changed to hostile with respect to their NPC faction. These requests must be posted within the Player Requests subforum, and include link(s) to valid forum roleplay, as well as actual interaction between the character and the official faction. In case of IDs with multiple official factions, this right can only be used if it has support of every official faction of the ID, but in case of disagreement between the factions involved, they can post an appeal to the administrators to review the situation and come to a decision.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - nOmnomnOm - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 01:34 PM)Cris Wrote: The final nail in Discovery's coffin.

yeah pretty much... That is if the request take forever and if some that actually make sense get denied as well.

I am also under the impression that it is a lot harder to request from admins a better rep than a worse rep.

We will see in the end anyway how good/bad the change is. I for one dont want to have a panel of admins that do not apparently trust me to raise my rep up or down even minimally. Kinda sucks tbh.

Depends how much rp is required as well. I rped almost all of my rep anyway though do we need volumes of rp to justify something now?

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Omi - 05-06-2016

Quote:proper notification of diplomatic changes does not always get stated in a public manner and a player who thinks they are neutral toward a given faction, may come to instant blue realization that they have become Kill On Sight by that same faction.

Where exactly is the supposed problem with this? Come on, guys. This reminds me of the mini-drama between AFC and GRN| a while back, where AFC apparently didn't realise that they'd been considered hostile by GRN| for the longest time and started kicking off about having one of their fighters blasted. It all got sorted out in the end (details aside), but if that ever happens again - particularly with some similar Freelancer-aligned group with nebulous diplomacy - I really don't want to have to bother compiling an entire dossier on the matter, replete with screenshots and a whole load of other crap just to justify shooting someone in a space shooting game. Jesus Christ.

Sorry, let me rephrase - just to attempt to justify shooting someone in a space shooting game, because apparently any decisions related to my faction's diplomacy have to pass through a panel of people who don't even play the faction, and may therefore end up blocked as a result.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - sindroms - 05-06-2016

Final nail?
When was the last time you had to change your diplomacy anyway?
Everyone is too busy sitting in conn or doing pre-planned RP.

I think you will survive.
2$
/eject

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Skorak - 05-06-2016

Time to remove the unrelated drama. If you want to make a discussion thread about it I will move the stuff over.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - HuggieSunrise - 05-06-2016

How about... we get rid of that stupid line and call it good? seems simpler to me.

I mean this is splitting hairs between fr5ing and..declaring war on a faction.. which is like.. making MORe paperwork for all sides involved. When house governments being the only factions that have toe regulate their sovereignty with laws and procedures and guidelines are the only ones who SHOULD have that line in their id anyway.

90% of the other factions have their diplomacy set. And quite rigidly so. In The case of zoner freeport laws fr5's cover the hostility issue and even the war issue.

The core should not have that line in there its stupid and if they wanted to conquer the omicrons and make it their house that's should be in their rp and integrated into their id BEFORE the SHTF scenarios occur.

sure you don't want me in the admin chat? I could save yall a lot of work. not as an admin just as a consultant on how to glide by with the least amount of headaches and work involved.

I mean really its nice your offering all factions and unofficials (really guys unofficals? ) the ability to change thier rp.. so openly and such but what int he case of conflicts? unofficials wanting to declare war on... uhh.. someone the officals arent hostile too. just cause of "rp" or personal differences or what have you. This just looks like a huge furball mess waiting to happen.

When fr5 is.. like the one thing that should have been done first and includes all the nessicary warning and preperation you guys have been wanting already.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - nOmnomnOm - 05-06-2016

I am now supporting that silent changes in rep should not be allowed that have no rp reason behind it.
it is not a hug-box. It is legit what you SHOULD be doing rather that is being reinforced.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Stone21 - 05-06-2016

(05-06-2016, 12:38 PM)Jayce Wrote: I don't want the admins dictating whether or not I can roleplay something.

(05-06-2016, 12:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I dont know, man. Looks like another cool dynamic of disco is going down the drain because someone is afraid to get shot .

^ The truth.

I can't belive I agree with both of you: Nomomnomononmom and Jayce for once. Smile
We already have plenty of rules which dictate us all what to do especially to official factions. Do this, do that, must do this , must do that or you get sanctioned or removed.
It really ruins this game's purpose even more.

RE: Faction Diplomacy - Arioch - 05-06-2016

We have reviewed everyone's concerns, and we are currently discussing all of your points. Stay Tuned.