Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta (/showthread.php?tid=139119)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Jack_Henderson - 05-09-2016

Heyhey!

The Delta event has slowed down after the plugin event stopped and it is entering a stage in which the danger is high that it will just slow down to a point where it stops and oorp discussions about real estate and power take over. In the end, very often cool events get either ignored or retconned even.

I think what is needed now is a plan of how to put the events into the game and to create a server-side environment that depicts the changes.

This of course heavily involves the factions that are in the conflict, because they have to decide how they want to play it on. Questions like: Was the attack only a one-time thing? Does Core now think "we taught them a lesson"? Or is it part of a longer attempt to evict Zoners from Delta or even more places?

These things need to be clarified, perhaps not openly, but at least with Devs and Admins because repchanges, trade system changes, etc depend on it.

Furthermore, I have a suggestion on how to keep Delta and Iridium rp-wise relevant and also add gameplay-wise aspects to keep things going.

1. Core gets the selling point of Iridium on Yaren. Yaren is the "gate" to Nauru and the whole "build a docking ring" mess that takes forever can be circumvented. Irply, Core took over the majority of the profitable, centralised, easily accessible mining spots. Many were damaged/destroyed or are in a bad condition (Zoners/Sairs likely did not use high tech stuff). Core is putting up better facilities, etc.... this however needs to be roleplayed and documented properly, imo (something Lyth btw denies).
  2. Nauru gets a non-dockable "sattelite", that signals "there is smuggler/resistance/blackmarket mining activity" - like in Leeds. Some remaining Corsair/Zoner miners keep mining in the extreme periphery of the planet. Irply, the satellite can be a communication device to organise pickup of illegally mined goods by smugglers. I think that people who mine on a planet like Nauru have to be a very special kind. Now mix in Corsair blood, and Zoner will for freedom, and you get a sort of people who would perhaps not surrender easily. They keep producing and selling some Iridium (less than 10 % of the Core output).
  3. By those smugglers, Freeport 11 can justify keeping a selling point (worse price as Yaren, though), as it keeps selling the "illegally mined" Iridium from Nauru. A widely-accessible selling point is a gameplaywise necessity, as Core bases are really hard to dock for most ships, and all old ships are dark-red with them.
  4. In the long run, a mining field for Iridium Ore should be put into Delta to actually depict the resource struggle that so far can only be done via Nauru and selling points. Bonuses to mining, field locations that have the same distance to the NPC bases... it could be awesome, however it will take months likely... if it will ever happen at all. (that's why the "normal Iridium" solution up there in contrast to "Iridium Ore")

Ideas?
Comments? Big Grin

In here! Smile

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Mephistoles - 05-09-2016

I believe a perfect system would for Iridium to be a full mining commodity. No sellpoints, and the implementation of a mining field accessible by several opposing sides.

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Stoner_Steve - 05-09-2016

I like this better than "hey move the sellpoint for us will ya"

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Thyrzul - 05-09-2016

I was thinking about what the price should be on FP11 in order to prevent resale abuse (player buys Iridium on Yaren, sells on FP11, cashes in a lot), but still be high enough to represent how harder it is to get it now. Perhaps something with a 2 credit/second/slot (CSU) profit, not really anywhere near the common 2,5 CSU most of lawful inter-house routes are full of.

Then I thought it may not be that bad to give it some actual profit, like somewhere around 2,75 or even 3 CSU. It could invite people to exploit it. It could invite Core to prevent people supporting FP11 from there. It would be a quite short restricted commodity route, ensuring battles between smugglers and "law enforcement", keeping activity within the system, in a quite small spot actually.

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - GuapMan - 05-09-2016

Once/if Delta gets a new layout and the mining for a field there gets set up, this should become a reality. We just need the next patch to come out.

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Jayce - 05-09-2016

Jack and I are going to be working on a new roleplay for Core owning Nauru and the addition of a new mining field for everyone to contest.

Edit: I could have sworn this was the core feedback thread when I posted this.

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Laz - 05-09-2016

Jack poked Lyth about these suggestions via Skype and he brought it up with the HC. Core| HC voted on Jack's suggestions and we decided against it. We have other long-standing plans for Nauru that we are still waiting to get started due to the slowness of the staff, and we have no intention of trying to burden them and ourselves with even more requests and developments. Furthermore we feel that this additional roleplay/suggestion is fairly a needless exertion of both player and developer effort.

This roleplay is the sort of thing that would have had relevance 5 years ago when the Nauru stuff, as determined by BHG|Core and the Corsair official factions, was started. But since it's been so long, it's a fair assumption that within those 5 years the initial settlers would have either been wiped out or evacuated the planet as the Corsairs were planning to abandon it in the first place. At the least, that is how the (BHG) Core / Core factions, the Corsair factions and the Devs have been treating that asset for the past several years. In regards to mining itself, it's not properly stated that the Zoners mined it themselves and the infocard rather points to Corsairs being the miners (and it was a Corsair asset after all). Most likely, the Zoners merely helped transport the supplies the Corsairs required in order to construct those mining bases.

As seen here, although we and the Corsairs have said they don't want to get involved Jack had decided to go against the Core| and the [TBH]'s (afaik) wishes and post it anyway. Mayhaps that is considered powergaming? But rather than kicking up a fuss it'll just be easier for us to ignore it. In conclusion we're not really considering that thread and it's roleplay to be canon, nor will there be any input from us to create or react to anything from that roleplay. Jayce is adamant to post anyway and that is fine, but as we've said there won't be any input from us, nor will we consider that roleplay to be impactful.

Zoner players worry not. Whilst this whole ordeal may simply be a thinly veiled attempt by such players to swing that commodity back onto the Freeport without having to deal with roleplay consequences by going unfriendly to The Core, once Iridium mining is properly set up within Delta pretty much every ID will be able to get involved somehow. I assure you though that currently it's really no issue gameplay-wise that Iridium would be sold on a Core base, as Core bribes can be bought on a multitude of quasi-lawful bases - so poorly repped ships can recover their rep - and even beyond that the (current) FP11 buy point is not the only one in the mod. And this would pretty much just be temporary anyway until Iridium mining is implemented.

Do not fret. The Core already has a multitude of ideas to help keep the activity flowing within the Omicrons, in ways that do not necessarily link to the recent Delta Drama either. We'll be planning things with the staff, as well as hopefully finally rolling out all the plugin based events we had planned. The Omicrons are going to be the place to be in the next few months. Watch this space.

~Core HC

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Jack_Henderson - 05-09-2016

Had to quote it because it is such a nice way of saying: "We do not rp", would be a pity if it disappeared at some point.

Hey, Core HC... perhaps you finally learn ONE thing.
This is a roleplay server.
And I'll say one more thing: Deal with people roleplaying on a roleplay server.

We fully saw that Core loves to deal with roleplay the "we make a secret dev request" way.
But, guess what: this is not the way it should be done.

Therefore, I could not care less what you think about me rping some harmless scenes on Nauru or whether you find it legitimate or not. No one needs your permission to roleplay on a planet.

Clear enough?
Good.

See you!

~Jack

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - Thyrzul - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 08:59 PM)Laz Wrote: a thinly veiled attempt by such players to swing that commodity back onto the Freeport without having to deal with roleplay consequences by going unfriendly to The Core

I wonder what the Core's plans are about roleplaying consequences by going unfriendly to The Zoners. Because I think it is fair to assume that an official faction would do their own part at roleplaying consequences and wouldn't expect such from anybody else without they themselves displaying exemplary behavior at it. Is it not? None of us wants to look like hypocrites, right?

RE: Suggestion on how to continue with Delta - GuapMan - 05-09-2016

Quote:No one needs your permission to roleplay on a planet.

Clear enough?
Good.

So i see here you say this but i was wondering why you are asking for permission then? I don't think everything has to get all blown up into some big fight because you don't get what you want, It might be a roleplay server.
But as you might notice, there is other players with different opinions and it's a Community, not just focused on one person and what they want.