Discovery Gaming Community
Transmission to the Independent Miners Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Transmission to the Independent Miners Guild (/showthread.php?tid=139212)

Transmission to the Independent Miners Guild - LunaticOnTheGrass - 05-11-2016

[Image: gXeep1A.png]

11-05-823

To whom it may concern,

I am here on behalf of the Bundschuh Party, and I'm afraid that my tidings are dour. I'm reaching out to you for any possible aid that you might be willing to offer; I can assure you that no matter how slim, the Party cannot afford to turn it away.

Firstly; our exodus of Nuremberg has begun. Already tens of thousands are fleeing the surface now that word has spread to the underclasses of the planet that the dark matter incident poses a fatal risk to their health should they remain. So many have fled under their own power or from outside support that the Bundesrepublik has actually taken notice.

I of course understand that direct aid may be out of the question, but should the Guild have access to any liner-sized vessel in its flotilla, it would be far more suited to passenger transport than our Dromedary and Pitbull classes covered in Blister colony pods. With that many people desperately clawing to reach our ships at the extraction point, we tend to have at least a few fatalities every trip.

Secondly and tangentially related is the file that I am attaching here for yours and ALG Waste Disposal's eyes only. Take time to read it and understand both the pragmatic and humanitarian advantages inherent in this undertaking, and please send word in return should you be able to offer aid in the supply or construction. I assure you that at present time, Luneburg is one of the safest places in Rheinland or the Sigmas due to a dearth of Federal patrols and only the Bundschuh keeping to the shadows.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I eagerly await a reply.

[Image: JG7K1os.png]

RE: Transmission to the Independent Miners Guild - Jack_Henderson - 05-14-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Erich Klugmann

¤ SUBJECT: VWA - IMG Cooperaion

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Oberst Klugmann,

I have to say that at the moment half of Sirius seems to be exploding in hectic action and, on the one hand, I am pleased to see the Guild getting their hands into it, but on the other hand I fear all the conflict and the different crises might spin out of control. I have read about the Exodus of Nuremberg and also some rumors about the RFP putting strict controls on traffic that is outbound of the system. Given IMG's fragile relation with Rheinland and their historic willingness to escalate incidents, I fear I have to deny the request for direct intervention. IMG ships are screened intensively and I expect scrutiny to even increase with our involvement on the side of the Zoners in Omicrons.

Shipping capacities for persons are hard for us to organise. We have a few shuttles, but those are generally reserved for diplomatic efforts. The large amount of our normal shuttles are used for intra-system transportation and are not fit for long transfer journeys. They would also allow for an investigation to easily trace them back towards the Guild. Liners are not used by the Guild as we mainly focus on the shipment of ore and mining related goods.

The safest way I can think of is to assist with monetary means. You buy what you need, you are flexible and there is no trace that leads anywhere close to the Guild. If you can think of any means that the Guild can get involved directly without exposing ourselves to Rheinland, I will gladly consider it, but I admit freely that I hit a blank there. The Guild could pledge 100.000.000 for this effort.

I'll deal with the Freeport 8 assistance request in the thread that also the ALG representatives can read.

Good luck and I apologize that we cannot jump to your help here easily.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤