Discovery Gaming Community
To: Universal Shipping Inc. | From: Detroit Munitions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Universal Shipping Inc. | From: Detroit Munitions (/showthread.php?tid=139512)

To: Universal Shipping Inc. | From: Detroit Munitions - Petitioner - 05-18-2016

[Image: DM_logo_medium.png]

Message from: David Rose, CEO Detroit Munitions
Encryption: Civilian
Subject: Being good neighbors

President Tomson,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am David Rose, chief executive officer of Detroit Munitions; you know our company well. Unfortunately, we have perhaps grown apart lately, and I'm contacting you because I want to be a good neighbor, and to clear the air regarding any misconceptions our friends at Universal might have about the new business directions that Detroit has been pursuing.

As you surely know, we've been vastly increasing the scope of our space-side operations ever since the Board elected myself as Detroit's new CEO. I find that this might be concerning to Universal because, as your name tells, the scope of your own operations is universal; you ship anywhere and everywhere, and move anything and everything. While Detroit, as a patriotic corporation proud of its Libertonian heritage, relishes fair competition, we want to make it absolutely clear that we have no intention of intruding on Universal's markets.

Your ships have long stocked our own suppliers across Sirius with metals, plastics, components, and all variety of resources necessary for the manufacture of various items we need here at Detroit, as well as keeping our own facility in New York well full with the water, oxygen, and other mundane supplies we need to function; and that's to say nothing of how we have had long-standing contracts with your group to distribute our final product to buyers across Liberty.

On behalf of Detroit Munitions, for all of the above, I want to say thank you. Throughout two hundred years plus of business, Universal Shipping has always been one of Detroit's most reliable partners, and we look forward to continuing this relationship. The acquisition of our own transport fleet is an endeavour to expand our business horizons; we are in no way looking to cut Universal out of what has been a very green picture.

In short, Detroit is looking to maintain a friendly relationship with the people who have helped keep us moving as long as we've been around, and simply to continue being good neighbors who can reliably collaborate for the welfare of Liberty and all our customers. On a more personal note, I find it regrettable that two men of our position are so unfamiliar with each other, and was hoping that we might be able to get together over lunch or golf sometime to discuss a more speculative business venture than is proper to elaborate upon here.

On behalf of all of us here at Detroit Munitions, thank you sincerely for your time.

David Rose, CEO Detroit Munitions Inc.

RE: To: Universal Shipping Inc. | From: Detroit Munitions - Radion - 05-21-2016

I and the rest of Universal Shipping have been happy to work with Detroit Munitions, and I hope that our relationship can continue into the far future. We are also happy to see your company grow, and hope that this will lead to greater cooperation and business between us.

As for your proposal, I agree that it is about time that we went out for a few rounds of golf. Normally, I would suggest a course on Curacao, but unfortunately, California is currently in a mess and I don’t want to risk going through a warzone. I’ve heard that there are a few good ranges on Baden-Baden though, and I believe that spending some time there would be the perfect opportunity to discuss a couple plans and issues that have arisen.

Once again, I do thank you for reaching out to me so as to also ensure that we will not be in competition, and look forward to speaking to you in person.

Signed,

Peter Tomson

USI President