Discovery Gaming Community
NPC activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: NPC activity (/showthread.php?tid=14011)

NPC activity - Derkylos - 11-25-2008

Ok, so, tonight, we (me on my BAF, and someone on a BPA) were idling outside New London, discussing...things, when we noticed that a Cryer transport was firing at Thames. We had a quick discussion of said event, and proceded to put it down to scanning for cargo habits. However, I returned to New London just before I logged off to see the IC station firing on BMM vessels...and even blowing up the IC supply depots!!

I have observed the exact same thing to happen in Rheinland, with the IC station firing on police vessels. I even aquired screenshots of said event.

In neither circumstance was my rep showing either faction as hostile, and, on later consideration, civilian pilots are not considered contraband by police.

Also, we (the BAF) have had trouble with certain hostile factions, namely Samura and Kishiro. See, due to the war, many members maintain hostile reps to Kusari corporations...and this can, through a chain of alliances, drive all of New London hostile. Eg: Samura and DSE are allied, DSE and BMM are allied, BMM and the police are allied. Thus, being hostile to Samura makes the police hostile...you get the picture (it's a messy one).

A further vaguely related point; Graves in Dublin (hey, these are all in Bretonia...). Corsairs hail/are hailed by it as if it were neutral...what?!? Corsairs are Bretonia's no 1 enemy...not likely that a BMM base would react with anything but hostility to them, and vice versa.

Just a few observations reguarding NPC interaction that I had not seen adressed before.

NPC activity - Tarrant5445 - 11-25-2008

Debating to tell people about npc issues but I thought we all new so i didnt post.

haha I have to admit thats pretty interesting what i found more funny was when Baf fighters launched by its own bat ship started attacking it. I've also witnessed this were the npc patrol with cap ships start fighting the normal patrols that are originally in the game. Tends to happen a bit near the jump gates near tau leeds end but ive seen it through out bretonia space. Unless were having a civil war it might need tending to.

Attacking blues aka Friendlies aka SAME SIDE. no wonder Kusars get into our space were to busy hitting each other to bother with the Kusar. (haha Kusar our npc think our own people are worthier oponents)

NPC activity - Laowai - 11-25-2008

Most NPC's Are completely OORP and should be banned......

They are also Capwhores, they fly around in groups of caps and will shoot at anything including players lower than level 30.

They die before they give up their cargo - and they vendetta against a human player even though they are being pwn'd by 20 other npc's that are hostile to them - AND they re-engage like mad, i cant tell you how many times i've seen one engage cruise engines for a second then turn around and attack.

Sanction the lot of them

NPC activity - swift - 11-27-2008

You forgot their dock-killing:P