Discovery Gaming Community
To: Bretonian War Cabinet // From: Way up north - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Bretonian War Cabinet // From: Way up north (/showthread.php?tid=140385)

To: Bretonian War Cabinet // From: Way up north - Petitioner - 06-17-2016

[Image: elaria_NC_tbar_1.png]

Good evening. It has been quite some time since last we dealt with each other. I am Elaria Contari, here speaking in the name of the National Council of Malta. In the past, the Contari Lance had mutually-profitable agreements with your noble people, and so did those who had held power even prior to that. It is in the spirit of continuing this tradition that Malta's children approach you once again.

In short, the National Council wishes to ensure that those who fly under our banner will be extended the courtesies that were once provided to other representatives of Malta; namely, the ability to travel within your space without being harried as we might be elsewhere. As always, we are interested in cooperation against our mutual enemies, such as the domineering Gauls. If our two peoples can still find common ground, let us firmly plant our feet there and march forward to a better tomorrow, together.

RE: To: Bretonian War Cabinet // From: Way up north - FallenKnight - 06-17-2016

[Image: euhshe.png]

[Image: mv5bv4.png]

Elaria Contari, speaker of the National Council of Malta,

In behalf of the War Cabinet of House Bretonia I would like to ensure you that our relations are stable. Our people share a lot in common and because of that we wish to continue working together. Nevertheless your request to travel in our space freely should be fulfilled accordingly. Currently there are many multi-national ships traveling within our borders and some of them would not find themselves comfortable with Outcasts nearby. We would like to ask you for understanding and recommend you not to use our trade lanes exclusively. Also you should maintain your capital ships around Cape Wrath base, so whenever we might need your assistance - to know where to find you. Do so for the time being and if we see no issues rising from the multiple parties around - we shall change this.

Also we would like you to present us with a list of your reputation towards the parties of: Liberty Navy, Rheinland Military, Molly, Coalition, Gaians and Hessians. We need to know your current stance with them.

There is but one final issue I would like to discuss with you. In short - Where are the Corsairs? These people have disappeared - they are no longer raiding our borders - which is to be considered as a good sign. Nevertheless there are many actions going on today and we would be foolish to classify them as coincidences. For example the Hessians decided to "replace" the Corsairs as a striking force in Cambridge system in the exact moment when the Corsairs vanished from our borders. Are they working together or plotting something? I ask you this because of your never ending war with these fanatics - you are familiar with their ways and I am sure your agents have noticed their sudden drop off the battlefield. Perhaps you could share some information with us?

Baron Firmus Piett, Lord of Jarrow, KBE
Military Adviser of the Armed Forces,
Minister of Defense of House Bretonia

[Image: 97r2wg.png]

RE: To: Bretonian War Cabinet // From: Way up north - Petitioner - 06-17-2016

[Image: elaria_NC_tbar_1.png]

Sir Piett. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I can assure you that we understand the need for discretion. At present, we have no capital assets to spare for deployment to Cape Wrath, but we can certainly see about stationing a smaller strike force there. As for our standings with the parties you mentioned... I'm sure you're aware of the regrettable state of affairs that exists between us and Liberty, regarding which there is little glossing-over to be done. I must admit I'm rather shocked you felt it necessary to bring it up; in the past, this particular unfortunate circumstance has never stood in the way of our cooperation, and I hope it continues to be something that we are both able to mutually overlook.
As for the Mollys, Gaians, and Hessians, they have rarely been more than a nuisance to us. The Gaians in particular are occasionally sighted with Corsair-manufactured arms, and have always been opposed to our presence wherever we encounter them, but have never been skilled enough to give Maltese pilots pause. The Mollys and Hessians are, for the most part, far-enough removed from what we consider areas of interest that we have had little interaction.
Regarding the more wayward children of Hispania, I think there is little information I could provide you that would both be of interest and not compromise Malta's national security. Suffice it to say that we're equally as surprised as you with regards to the lack of Corsair raids in southern Bretonia and the Omegas, and that we have never known their ilk to work with the Hessians, or, indeed, anyone else with a stake in the Omegas. If you have anything further to discuss, this channel shall remain open.