Discovery Gaming Community
The Wild behaviour - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The Wild behaviour (/showthread.php?tid=141132)

Pages: 1 2

The Wild behaviour - JohnyWalker - 07-14-2016

Some ships we saw the behaviour for D9 The Wild...

One of them said me they are terrorist and they are exempt of prior RPing... I doubt it so much. Others say they are infected nomads...

I just want to know your point of view about this "funny" scenario: (eyewitness invited!)

Mining helium in my light miner surveyor for some haulers. One Mastodon, totally stopped inside the cloud and 2 ships The Wild (D9 faction) appear. He say "well hello", the other say "dont play that fool game" to his fellow D9... and then he say "Okay. Let's get all serious"... the next message is "Okay.. Then let's kill some" just 9 seconds after. And in 6 seconds later, he destroy the hauler... after that, I moved away... one following me and then engaged me, its normal due I was moving out... I agree with that hehehe, was fun. But I totally disagree, as in other post already posted, its the Uncloak+Engage (silent engagement) several times.

1. 6 SECONDS!!!! Is that enough time for respond an egagement? (checked in LOG file timestamp) Even 10 seconds (as rule say) i think is low time for non english players, its hard to think in another language diferent than yours.
2. Drop just 1 line engagement announce is enough?
3. Mixing roles is usual? now im human, and now Im a Nomad...
4. Uncloak and direct engage is fair behaviour?

There are some other threads about The Wild and still not clarified.

As I can read in rule 3.6, nobody is exempt of RolePlaying

(06-08-2016, 11:47 PM)Igiss Wrote: Not allowed on Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP:

(06-08-2016, 11:47 PM)Igiss Wrote: 3.6 Attacking without RP
EXAMPLES-
- Are you shooting someone with the intent to kill them? You need RP. Did you CD someone to stop them? Not an attack (spamming CD's is trolling FYI)
- It doesn't matter if you drained their shields or not. An attack is an attack, and you need to RP beforehand, plain and simple.
- Ideally at least 2 sentences of RP before engaging, with a minimum of 10 seconds before firing from your first RP message. Just RP, and make sure the opposing person has enough time to respond

RE: The Wild behaviour - Laxxy - 07-14-2016

Sounds like a trial by forum

RE: The Wild behaviour - eigos - 07-14-2016

If you think a rule is broken, gather your evidence, get your DSEace.log file, check the latest chat in it, add it to a clean text file and submit a report.
Do not name and shame on the forums.
However, you may PM some of the admins about it, to ask whether the situation is report-worthy or not.

RE: The Wild behaviour - Xenon - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 08:35 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: 1. 6 SECONDS!!!! Is that enough time for respond an egagement? (checked in LOG file timestamp) Even 10 seconds (as rule say) i think is low time for non english players, its hard to think in another language diferent than yours.
2. Drop just 1 line engagement announce is enough?
3. Mixing roles is usual? now im human, and now Im a Nomad...
4. Uncloak and direct engage is fair behaviour?

listen mate, you are a nice person but for some reasons, it seems that you are going to bait yourself into a trial by forum, so here is my advice
Fire a report against the players whom you think have broken any rules here and you will get justice from the admins.
Simple and clear, instead of making this thread

By the way, I agree with you, about most of the actions in the quote ... yes that is a violation to server rules.
Go fire a report in the right place and ask a moderator to lock this post before others bait you into flames.
I am trying to help you because you are a good person at heart and do good help for the community. cheers

RE: The Wild behaviour - JohnyWalker - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 08:46 PM)eigos Wrote: Do not name and shame on the forums.

I prefer this way for some reasons, first, others also need a clarification about TheWild, second I will not send a violation report in the first "mistake" hehehe, reading it here we all know and we all will behave how we should do (hopefully). Many times i meet with new pirates and so on and they just didnt read all the rules, so they didnt deserve a sanction or whatever, are just mistakes fixed in easy PM in game. Not need to be hard hehehehe.

RE: The Wild behaviour - JohnyWalker - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 08:51 PM)Mark Hamann Wrote: listen mate, you are a nice person but for some reasons, it seems that you are going to bait yourself into a trial by forum, so here is my advice
Fire a report against the players whom you think have broken any rules here and you will get justice from the admins.
Simple and clear, instead of making this thread

By the way, I agree with you, about most of the actions in the quote ... yes that is a violation to server rules.
Go fire a report in the right place and ask a moderator to lock this post before others bait you into flames.
I am trying to help you because you are a good person at heart and do good help for the community. cheers

Copy that and THANKS!... Moderators are allowed to close this if need. The other side of this intention is to advise those pilots as well... but its ok.

RE: The Wild behaviour - Emperor Tekagi - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 08:35 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: - Ideally at least 2 sentences of RP before engaging, with a minimum of 10 seconds before firing from your first RP message. Just RP, and make sure the opposing person has enough time to respond

You shouldn't cry about it having been less than 10 seconds. This is happening everywhere and barely anyone ever complains about it.
Also to the:
"3. Mixing roles is usual? now im human, and now Im a Nomad..."
This is just what Wilds are. Infested humans, meaning they got an incubus, literally a Nomad inside them. That's the short explanation for this mix.

Oh and judging people with such posts is just stupid. PM them ingame or w/e. The questions about Wilds are okay to ask though, huh..

RE: The Wild behaviour - ProwlerPC - 07-14-2016

Has it changed? I don't recall the aliens having to say anything before attacking. Used to be enough of them to send a system of players scattering. The first couple ships getting popped WAS the notice to the rest of the system that a cleaning crew was in the house. In contrast the old Das Wilde leader chose his members and ignored applications. He only wanted members he's watched RP heavily in other factions as he himself was heavily invloved with his own regular faction. Strong RPrs only with an ID that didn't require it. I used to be a member myself for quite a number of years. Curious what the story is now. I hope they still represent the 'Space is dangerous' setting and be that sudden tornado appearing out of nowhere on an unsuspecting trailer park.

RE: The Wild behaviour - sindroms - 07-14-2016

K'Hara were told that they now need to roleplay before engagement like anyone else.

....after then INCIDENT

RE: The Wild behaviour - Wesker - 07-14-2016

Why do you cry whenever you get blown up ingame