Discovery Gaming Community
Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Commune Logs - Dave Synk (/showthread.php?tid=141240)

Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 07-18-2016

Entry Log 1

Source ID: Dave Synk

Encryption: #Babylon_S_3.74b.alg

It’s been a very long time since I put my thoughts on paper. Finally I can allow myself to take a brief pause after the long experiment and intensive testing of the Azurite Compound. I am very proud of this achievement, but it couldn’t be achieved without the honorable members of the Commune. I feel that my entire life work is… finally going to have physical results. It’s… what Cerberus years ago had to be. For me this is Cerberus but under a new name… The Commune. A union of brothers, bound by the same ideology, by the strives that each of us put in their lives. And now, after all this time, I know that we and with our allies we will make the change in Sirius. I cannot picture it yet, but something grand will happen in the near future that will reshape the Sirius community as a whole.

Jared Nomak. Well he is a very interesting person. Somewhat “religious” not in the original sense of the word. I can understand and fully respect his devotion as seeing the K’Hara race as.. Higher Ones. Others around the faction see them as that. I do not mind. They are not indoctrinated fanatics. It’s … a form of respect towards them. Since I am more of a scientist, I cannot share the same attitude, I do respect and admire deeply this mysterious ancient race, because they were created by those that I studied my entire life, the Daam’K’Vosh. I never had any incursions with the race ever since Cerberus turned armed against The Order in the heart of Iota. That was… glorious. The Order were and still are the same limited and narrow minded sheeps. Though, I gathered around some good people back then. Really loyal and good friends but.. times changed. I’ve realized my questions were not answered and … my goals were not achieved. Too much interests and the wrong people at the leadership of the right organizations.

One thing is for sure, Jared pumped exorbitant amounts of credits to the Pandorum Section of the Galicia Research Station. Technology that only I had in Cerberus… amazing. He is a wealthy and with a very big influential character. And he is on my side, actually a good friend even. Reminds me of good ol’ Aubrey. I hope Jared will last longer this time.

I am still thinking of Ashley, perhaps one day, I will make the .. Phased Anomaly to reach that place, only I know.. nobody knows. Perhaps some old contacts that might think I am dead, but it’s better like that.

There is another thing. The Azurite, triggered my… implants. When I went alone to Iota years ago.. I received knowledge, there is a part of my memory which is blank I do not know how I’ve put this or created the hybrid implants that I have on me. They started to get active near the Azurite and... I cannot sleep. I feel my entire brain being overly charged at times. I cannot sleep. 72 Hours without sleep so far… still counting. Not even Jared knows that I’m implanted with K’Hara augmentations. They cannot know, not yet. I have brief memory fragments and flashpoints about me being in a lab, surrounded by.. machines. I felt nothing. I am aware that I did it to myself. But the memory loss was perhaps the hand of the K’Hara, perhaps not to being able to replicate them. But for what purpose ? I am not controlled by them, they could.
Oh.. my. They are triggered again. And they hurt.

Unbearable.

Log End

RE: Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 07-20-2016

Entry Log 2

The trip towards Liberty was exhausting for me yesterday. I will upload the report to the Commune’s Relay sometime soon. The Azurite affected my implants more than I could think. I tried to rest temporarily at base that I docked after Skywolf and Miss Kendall departed. I have to begin the next stage of the project soon, but I have to.. do something with .. me. My mind. Everything. It goes in disarray. The headaches increase each day as I saw the implants starting to have… “activity”. A few hours ago I had a powerful migraine, I fell near the cabinet near my bed. I couldn’t get on my feet because of the pain. Thankfully I have some doses of morphine left to.. ease my nerves. But I am afraid the cortex will adapt my nervous system to the drug. It did with the synthesized beta-Neoendorphine I made specifically for this. It seems my inner endorphins adapted and they slowly affect my entire nervous system. That’s why they adapted in the first place. The hybrid cortex produces it’s own substances so I can… “enjoy” the perks of the implants. Bu at the cost of massive pain that occurs from time to time.

I felt my head will explode. I ran out of tricks to maintain my implants, I am afraid for the worse. I need to tell Jared, he can help me. Also.. when I managed to get back, I saw my bed moved. I remember that when I screamed of pain, I heard some noises around. Apparently the bad.. moved. That means the implants start to manifest their telekinesis abilities that utilize my entire brain. That’s a reason for the tremendous headache. My body is not used with such mental efforts, but the implants randomly activate and… “test” themselves without my will. It’s a nightmare.. It needs to stop. I need Jared.

Log End

RE: Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 01-26-2017

Entry Log 3 - "Aftershock"

I woke up two weeks ago. I am still in rehab. It felt familiar when I opened my eyes. I was aboard the Nighthawk. But the last time I remember I was aboard the Pandorum Deck on Gallicia. The last thing I remember was falling down to my knees in massive pain, near the bed of my room. The implants. But now I feel different. I feel... well.. I don't know. Something is different in me, I do feel it. The medical droid specified that I was in a coma for around 2 months. Crewmen on Gallicia found me in my room almost dead, after I didn't do my regular check-in at the crew control station. The medical report that I suffered intense trauma and I got into a shock because of the implants. The crewmen notified the Commune and they came to took me and here I am, aboard The Nighthawk.

As for me.. well. The scars on my back from the incisions are healed. The report also stated that my implants started to become rejected by the body when they started to manifest while I was experimenting with Azurite. I know something happened while I was asleep. I can't feel my implants like... foreign anymore. Something totally happened with them when I was out.

Because I saw.. I had dreams.. visions ? I will call them dreams, I don't -believe- in visions or any of such, I will consider that what I saw and will say next what I did saw truly, were just manifestations from my subconscious. It was strange anyway, it felt very real. I was in this... hallway.. but the below me I could saw an endless view of stars and nebulae, basically it was the cosmos itself below my feet. The walls were tall... endlessly tall and all of this went onward to some opening. I walked, I actually felt very light and was levitating. All kind of energy forms were flowing with ease, intertwining with one another. For some reason It felt familiar.. my first thought went to the Slomon K'Hara's Mindshare. I thought I entered that. Well.. I was silly to think that, it was impossible.

So I kept going towards the end of this cosmic hallway in the middle of nowhere and then I reached this giant circular room, made of .. either a purple kind of glass, or crystals. It was massive, solar systems flew around, various cosmical events and such and I was in the middle of it. I was then pulled to the middle of the room and then some sort of ... figures, came in the distance, they were massive, I couldn't distinguish them. They were familiar voices tho'. But they spoke in some... weird language, until I just started to understand them. It sounded like my own actually. I can't remember the words but I know they were very cryptic. I've seen then some unknown constellations forming around me, that were shaped by a hand with 3 fingers and each tip of the finger was split in 2. The hand was massive and it felt surreal. Like.. I was in actual space and saw an actual solar system or... conglomeration of systems to being shaped or arranged by some giant space hand.

The Hand shaped the constellation into a conglomeration of stars and the brightest of them all, "Sirius". Then the view changed rapidly to countless of unknown and unrecognizable worlds and star formations across the void, maybe outside the Milky Way ? That's what I considered...
And then, the Hand, formed from it's own tissue, combined with a form of energy, extracting also pieces and reshaping a DNA helix, what looked to be a new form of entities that were like sparks.. and they were spread across the galaxy, further more, into the Sirius conglomeration.

The Hand vanished, and the view changed from the perspective to where it went. It... was overwhelming. I've heard the word "Timeless" from the far voices, one sounded like my father's voice. And another word came to my ears.. "Spaceless". I didn't understood what I saw, but what seem to be all sort of events in various points in time, all in the same spot, in the same perspective. Like a ... theoretical 4D space.. there time was the 4th perpendicular to all 3 existing axes.

I don't know what I saw.. but after that. I woke up. I saw that in 2 months of coma and now I feel different... my implants... are still there, but... they are like part of me now. Naturally. They did this. What was what I saw ? An abstract view of the K'Vosh ? Or all my theories and life's studies made my mind go create what I saw ? Perhaps. I will have to think about it.

I need to continue my work. I have two new scientists as colleagues. Tensions start rising in the Omicron Systems, but the Commune will never falter. I am back on the track and more determined to achieve my goals to greatness. It's the start.

Log End

RE: Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 04-05-2017

Entry Log 4 - Status Quo

Encryption: #TERM-03-SYN

Apparently I have a bad habit of always wanting to put my afterthoughts inside this log. I just need to think about it and the logs are filled. Thanks to the wonders of augmentation. Many things happened since the last time I said something. New friends appeared, old enemies persist. But the change came with this organization. The Commune. It's expanded, a lot.. the reach of it, across Sirius. It's a thing I always wanted to achieve with my old band of brothers. But I guess all happened for the best of results. Especially now.

I'm sitting here in my main laboratory, surrounded by holograms of what projects are undergo, I'm multi-tasking them and overseeing them all. Some I've put on halt, some I'm actively invested. It's an interesting possibility that Jared offered me. I remember my old friend Aubrey, how he oversaw the entire operations of Cerberus. Sitting in his chair... having a view towards space of a red giant, surrounded with data and all kind of panels regarding the overall activities of all cells.

A similar concept I am experiencing here, though my view is an artificially simulation of the deep space. A beautiful purple nebulae that is slowly sucked by a massive black hole. The continuity of the cosmos eh ? I might be one step closer to my goal and also to Commune's goal, to create a link first to their homeworld and secondly to what I saw in the past... where Ashley disappeared. Sometimes I'm thinking if it was a dream, a hallucination ? But the feelings are vivid, like the images that flash in my mind. I am feeling I will keep a strong tie with the ORG, secretly of course. After all.. they are Order more or less. I shall see what motives has this mr.Taylor. I am perplexed about the fact that they hold the technology to create a jump hole. Even temporary, but still... an important breakthrough. I've studied the gravimetric anomalies, that in common language means... "Jump Hole", but the conclusion to my studies will be upon making some final research upon Razgriz. That's the biggest anomaly and a strange enigma, that was the fascination of explorers and scientists for centuries...

But there are more important things to finish, that are critical to Commune's progress as a whole. I will focus on those. The only thing that I've recovered from Cerberus was my data disk. In it.. everything of importance was stored. Nobody can use it aside from me, it was designed that way. And if lost.. the Vaults kept information scattered across Sirius so only I can decipher and recompile as a whole. Fortunately the data disk is on me and I found something.

Ever since I came from Iota with the Cerberus fleet.. something happened. After I gave the order to dissolve all cells and for the agents to scatter across Sirius because we were hunted down by the Order Main Fleet, it was a period... a long one of blackouts. Intense even. That's how I woke up.. implanted. I am searching today how I managed that. I can only tell that somewhere, somehow, I did this to myself. Last night, I've found an encrypted portion of the data disk, that has no meaning for me of why I did that. But the locked portion was about of... 50% of the capacity of the disk. The information I've used from the available part... well it was plenty and most of my studies are based on that.

As I was saying, last night.. I triggered something, because an audio log came with the following :

I am constantly thinking about what he... I said back then. The Nomads indeed expanded... dramatically. Their "vanguards" are... the Commune. And I am part of it...

Log End

RE: Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 04-18-2017

Entry Log 5 - Resolve

It's been again a long week filled with work. I've had an exodus with the Sol Project doctor. She's ambitious I have to say that, but I am not sure if she will get the full support of many important and relevant groups that have real actual scientists that can provide the necessary input to her work. That's why I offered my help. I am sure there are few in the whole damned Sector who even have a clue how we even got here. Only some obscure lone scientists have ever tried to dig deep enough to find the secrets of this star cluster.

I can't say that Sirius lacks in scientists, but their work is small and irrelevant. But I guess there are few who aim for greater things, and let's be honest, I am having this rare chance to work with alien technology and to have access to all kinds of wonders, all to be given free to me and people only expect my work to be done. Nobody has this chance. The "Omicron Science Guy" as I've heard from some people. There are the ORG though, but the only thing I've seen great from them is that Jump Hole Generator technology. I guess to make it better and to have a more permanent effect, I need to solve the equation. Which I started to gather old data and new one, regarding my previous research about the Phased Jumpholes and the secrets that the Omicrons and Sirius hold.

It's good to be back on the track with such things. I was always mesmerized by the beauty of the Edge Nebulae and the Alien Worlds that I saw. They are... inviting. And with each day I feel more comfortable here. I've opened my data-disk and accessed another log file, It was chilling but I also accessed a series of technology charts that were created by Cerberus when we had the outpost on Wichita. They will be useful on the site on Carinea:

Quote:"Dave, future me, whatever you want to say. Perhaps you were interested in what I had to say regarding what is your current position in the Omicrons. And also you might want to search for what happened after you left Iota. You started to become unstable completely when you've lost Aubrey. He was the only thing you had as a brother, mentor, guide and friend. You couldn't took the loss of it and you started to become very unstable and had ideas. You wanted revenge and you thought the Order was holding you back. You started to make plans with all your officers, they supported you, you betrayed even Jeremy Hunter, Ellie Hunter and many others that you had close. You forgotten about them right ? They were with you and supported your group even when you went head-to-head with Golanski himself. But they didn't expected you to betray them, to order your own men to fire upon their vessels in the heart of the enemy. The Nomads. Especially the K'Hara. They were mean, do you remember ? You can't. You are lost. You did betray them. You fired. Stood alongside the K'Hara. You saw how the Main Fleet burned in your eyes. But even then, they banished you. You wanted to be closer with the Nomads, you wanted the truth, about Earth, about Ashley, about understanding. But they denied you. Because they don't know. They were and are now but under a new form I presume, the same passive-aggressive creatures that want in secret the destruction of our kind. Be aware and be prepared... if you can understand me."

This is what I told myself, what I predicted but It's like.. someone else is speaking not me. I can't remember when I did this. I'm looking in the mirror.. *he watched dreadfully in the glass and slowly his eye implants started to glow*

Maybe I was right. The Slomon'K'Hara... the expansion, the massive structures that appeared throughout Sirius, they plan perhaps again, they prepare for.. war ? They must be st--- ARHHHHHH-- I was rii---ARHHH God !!! *a powerful crack of a glass was heard in the background*

They are the Truth. Whatever I thought before, it is obsolete. The future is created by us, guided from Their light. I feel... exalted that I was given the honor to ascend the principles and the evolution of mankind's technology. I had doubts before but these... gifts, I can see the truth in what I am now.

*He gazed in the shattered mirror as his eyes glowed intensively*

I will proceed completely dedicated now for the Great Work.

Hail the Commune !

Log End

RE: Commune Logs - Dave Synk - Dave Synk - 05-16-2017

Entry Log 6 - Awakened

I'm not having late time to make a break to think in retrospection. I am driven more and more by the goals I need to achieve. Especially with the Jumphole creation. I've made all the necessary preparations to create the device I projected. I will need only to make the schematics for my staff to begin the work on it. It's going to be a very delicate tinker toy. But for the best of results. And nobody will touch such technology except for me and the people I will watch working on it's assembly.

I will require the assistance of the Vagrants though. I arrived into a point where I require their wisdom regarding how to perfectly calibrate the device in order to have the right approximations. The Black Nova is already a strong compound, given a miscalculation on the gravity equation and the field dynamics could enter in a chaotic state. Destroying an entire system or at least twisting it in impossible ways. That's a reason for why I need to be the one to handle such tech. I don't trust nobody than my Terminus staff that I handpicked.

I promised Jared and also the Commune to establish a connection back to Samarra. Their homeworld. Not mine. I'm a foreigner. My work is dedicated to them and for the higher purpose. For the secrets of "The Ascension" itself. At least that's what the K'Vosh did to an extent. I also need the Vagrants for another reason. For reasons I have yet to understand the implants I have are... well... I presume first of all that they were an experiment. Some prototypes. Secondly... they are somewhat alive. It's a symbiosis link between me and them. I am telling that because sometimes they speak to me with ... images.

And they are not dreams because the I can feel, see, actually be there where the images picture themselves. Sometimes are just flashbacks, at least that's how I feel, like those events presented to me are from the past. A very long time ago even... I had various visions, I think they might be, so far. Most about locations in space, planets. Known worlds but looking different, unknown worlds. I've seen once a solar system that in the center had 5 mini suns that were arranged like an atom structure.

What I last saw was this.

[Image: 40Yv4nZl.jpg]

This was recreated using a brain holographic projector. Mainly because at first, I wanted it, to be created for people who saw things that cannot be described by simple words and their actual thoughts, recreate something. I know that's Razgriz. And those... are the K'Vosh. They must be. This was the latest vision I had. And it repeated once when I was near Razgriz, studying the gravitational pull. That's why I need the Vagrants.. to help me understand the phenomenon and also to help me decipher what I did saw in my vision. If I am right about Razgriz being an ancient space anomaly that was used as a dimensional gateway.... I'm on the right track. I will desire to go further.

I will also work on the grand Apotheosis. It will be purely... magnificent. I'm using the knowledge on the Nomad technology and biology to make that vessel something unique.

I've also looked at another old message on the data disk. I decided to ignore whatever I used to say back then. It is irrelevant now. I did not know the truth. I'm only analyzing the data that will be useful for future projects. I'm preparing as I'm writing now, a series of new technologies that will be way better than what I used to do in Cerberus.

For the Great Work.

Log End