Discovery Gaming Community
LN - GRN War - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: LN - GRN War (/showthread.php?tid=141271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

LN - GRN War - Thunderer - 07-19-2016

I hope that the recent drama hasn't pushed the storyline to secondary priority? I'm making this thread because I think that the server needs a major war, otherwise it will stagnate and perhaps even diminish. The Nomad event was nice (for the humans at least) and LN are as active as always, but the GRN have been complaining for some time already that their backyard is decaying in monotony. The faction leader himself has even quit.

I think that the GRN ID should get California as part of the ZOI. Not soon™, but soon. Just my opinion.

RE: LN - GRN War - Sorrontis - 07-19-2016

Quick question: How is the GRN related to California (a heavily fortified Liberty system)?

RE: LN - GRN War - Ramke - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 07:46 PM)Sorrontis Wrote: Quick question: How is the GRN related to California (a heavily fortified Liberty system)?

It has been advocated for, for ages. Purely because it would allow the GRN to tap into the Liberty playerbase and raid the system as well as Bretonia. Right now it's stagnant fights in Leeds/Magellan/New London that kind of aren't frequent anymore because there has been 100+ already.

RE: LN - GRN War - Thunderer - 07-19-2016

They have a battleship in Magellan. Their plan is to invade California so that they could cut Liberty from Bretonia, and thus starve Bretonia out. I suppose that would be easier than invading Manchester, as in that case they would have the whole LN behind their backs. There have already been at least two major events when the GRN invaded California, and I think that it should become an everyday thing.

RE: LN - GRN War - Flashâ„¢ - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 07:28 PM)Thunderer Wrote: The faction leader himself has even quit.

Don't fear, Flash is here.

Also, yes, please give GRN ID California in ZoI.

We put our hopes in you, Flash. Don't let us down!

RE: LN - GRN War - Sorrontis - 07-19-2016

Thanks for all the answers. I guess that makes sense as part of the game.

I was just thinking more about the logistics of it. Gallia hasn't even fortified it's position in its neighboring systems (Champagne, Lorraine, etc.). How would it be able to hold a system that's sandwitched between two enemy houses; also, the populous would be rebellious (two planets that are at least more in line with Liberty)?
Not only that, supplies from Gallia would have difficulty being moved unmolested, since there's little support for 5ish systems?

Or am I over thinking all this Big Grin And you just want to create more interesting opportunities.

The more time the Gauls give to Liberty and Bretonia while they are supplying each other, the stronger their enemies are becoming. Gallia doesn't have much resources remaining. As far as I know, they've spent their last on the immense fleet. There's some niobium in the Taus and toxic waste in Leeds, but...
Liberty and Bretonia have been more fortunate when they colonized their parts of Sirius, and it is known that Liberty chose the best area. Time is working against Gallia.

RE: LN - GRN War - Flashâ„¢ - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 08:18 PM)Thunderer Wrote: We put our hopes in you, Flash. Don't let us down!

<3

RE: LN - GRN War - Eurobeat - 07-19-2016

I'm not a GRN or LN player but I do use Bretonia - Liberty routes, as do many of my inrp trading squads. I think if there came some sort of new obstacle to overcome (again, not JUST for military players) it would feel fresher. Challenges are always cool