Discovery Gaming Community
The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club (/showthread.php?tid=141272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Jazzi - 07-19-2016

The Kvartet Jazz Club - Temna Roza

Stepping into the foyer of the bar, the smooth sound of jazz soothingly entertains your senses. The running bass and the muted brass harmonious with a deep woman's voice, the ancient music genre brought to life as if lifted from the past and brought through time until the now. The tux-adorned Bouncer gives a curt nod and wide smile having taken note that the dress code has been adhered to. "Please Sir, Madam, right this way." Replaced with another stocky looking gentleman, the Bouncer gestures for you to begin following him into the bar proper.

Dimly lit in shades of red and orange emitted from atmospheric lighting from strips in the ceiling; the establishment was not overly large. Perhaps fifty or so patrons at the most. Being lead through to the back of the bar, the smell of tobacco assaults your sense. Undoubtedly, patrons were free to smoke as they wished and indeed there were many small groups of socialites clustered on leather sofa's filling ash trays as if it were a duty. A few pairs of eyes, framed in dark mascara and pencilled eyebrows, follow your approach to the rear, curious to the newcomer to the frivolities. The jazz band comes into view, raised up on a shallow stage, with a number of couples swaying together in each others arms.

Ceasing to step forward, the Bouncer gestures to a table at the back. A lone woman sat with her legs crossed and leaned back watching the view out onto the bar. With a Black Russian in one hand and a cigarette in the other; she smiles slightly as she watches you approach. Taking off her fur mantle, she stands up and adjusts her dark red dress after placing down her glass.

"Vitayu, welcome to Kvartet. I am Pimakhova. I trust your stay here on the Temna Roza has been to your satisfaction thus far?"

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Stoner_Steve - 07-20-2016

Ted entered the foyer and stopped for a moment, allowing his eyes to adjust to the dim lighting, what the lights couldn't hide was his discomfort in the suit he was wearing. It was obviously new, besides the smell of starch, Ted has apparently forgotten to remove all the pins in the suit as well.

After being guided to the table Ted gets to finally formally meet The Hostess

"Pam...pama...pimhova" he frowned and held out his hand, the dim lighting couldn't hide the heavy scaring that comes from long-term syringe drug use, "I'm not even going to pretend that I can say that again. It's was so nice of you to send these clothes over, although I don't understand the point of the stabby bits, does it make it more fashionable? and seen Jimmy yet? I thought I saw his ship at the moor point earlier."

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Jazzi - 07-20-2016

"Ah, Mishtar Ted. Do not let the name bother you, call me what you wish. Please, stand still." The woman takes Ted's hand and gives it a gentle shake. Her eyebrow raises at the sight of the scaring on his arm. Stepping close, she begins slowly pulling the pins out of the suit. "Is that the smell of lemon shampoo? You are indeed a changing man, Mishtar Ted." Having removed the pins, she takes a step back with a slight grin on her face before moving to sit down once again. "Please join me."

"I have yet to hear of Mishtar Rat entering. He was the one to summon us here however, so I suspect he shall not be too much longer." Leaning back in the leather chair, she picks up her cigarette and takes a long pause to inhale. Breathing out, she turns to face him better. "You look rather dashing, Mishtar Ted. Suits suit you."

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Croft - 07-20-2016

A small stocky man nodded towards the surly looking bouncer as he sauntered into the foyer, his crisp grey suit and lurid red shirt had passed inspection however the effect had been slightly ruined by a large silver chain that sat in prominent view within his open collar and a number of heavy rings adorning his fingers.

"May I help you sir?" Enquired a tuxedo clad gentlemen as he cast a dubious eye over the man's attire.

"Yeah, Jimmy the Rat to see Miss Pimakhova" he replied in a heavy Bronx accent, slipping the bouncer 50 credits he added "and a gin on the rocks, make it a double." The bouncer bowed slightly whilst tapping the credit chit further into his pocket, "this way please."

Following in his guide's wake, Jimmy surveyed the club as they wandered between tables towards the back wall. The soft hues and clouds of smoke dampened his senses as infectious jazz beats rose up the spine. 'This is my kinda place' he thought to himself as he gently rocked his head to the music.

The Bouncer halted abruptly several steps in front of a lone table "Miss Pimakhova. Jimmy the Rat to see you."

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Jazzi - 07-20-2016

"Dyakuyu, Oleksandr." Bringing herself to stand up, she readjusts her dress a second time as she steps towards Jimmy. Giving a quick grin to the Bouncer, she quitely mutters "Please, leave us in privacy." Oleksandr goes to the bar.

"The Rat himself, come to stowaway upon the Roza?" Her grin gave away her jestful tone, hard to detect under her deep, heavy accent. Taking a quick drag of her cigarette, she offers her hand to him. "Mishtar Rat, welcome to the Kvartet. It is a pleasure to meet in person. I trust your journey here was not arduous?"Gesturing to the leather chairs clustered around where Ted was sitting, she sat down and beckoned Jimmy to join them.

"Please indulge Mishtar Ted and I by joining us, and perhaps sharing with us why you have brought us together if not for the simply pleasure of a drink and company."

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Croft - 07-20-2016

"Thank you for hosting us Miss Pimakhova, I can see you've made a nice home for yourself. Ah thanks." He flashed a quick smile as Oleksandr handed him his drink and disappeared again into the throng. "And Ted, you've actually cleaned up, heh it's a good thing I'm sat down." Jimmy added throwing Ted a sardonic grin before taking a sip of his drink.

"But you're right, I ain't asked you both here just for good company, not that it ain't a pleasure" He said raising a glass in salute "See ever since Ted here bribed himself into gettin' a cut of my profits I've been thinkin' of expandin' into more of the market, problem is me and Ted ain't exactly known for our law abidin' ways so settin' up a front with which we could do business was impossible."

Swirling his drink gently, Jimmy took another sip and continued.

"Knowin' that I put the idea on the backburner for awhile. Then you contacted me Miss Pimakhova, and while it wasn't nothin' but good timin' on your request i figured there must be somethin' else goin' on, I mean who asks an arms dealer to get Tobacco when any old mook can pick some up?" He said with a smile. "Now here we are, sittin' around a table on your very own yacht, a perfect front for our very own smugglin' ring.

So what do you think, you two wanna take on the big leagues?"

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Stoner_Steve - 07-21-2016

Ted itched has the back of his left hand absentmindedly, "Big Leagues? Its been awhile since I've been pushing any guns anywhere." he paused momentarily while he started to itch himself up his left arm, loosing focus and staring at the table in front of him. Shaking his head once he looked up at the others again and stopped itching his arm. "I mean, I've been running guns recently to Leeds, but I don't want to get noticed by the gallics if you know what I mean." He smirked slightly before continuing "I don't see why we couldn't give it a shot."

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Jazzi - 07-22-2016

"An astute observation, Mishtar Rat. Consider it an initial test and an excuse for us to meet face to face. After a little research, it was clear there was a potential opportunity for someone in my position would not wish to miss. One cannot say i am disappointed." Picking up her Black Russian, she took a sip. Quickly following up with her cigarette, she made no effort to hide her eyes as they looked between the two of them in a discerning fashion.

"I wish to know how the cut between us is going to work. Organising a legal front is no easy matter, especially one which gives an edge against the competition. No insignificant risk is involved." She took another long smoke, adjusting her dress idly as she thought on her next words. "When we take on the big leagues, what happens to the spoils?"

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Croft - 07-22-2016

Jimmy eased back into the chair "I ain't sayin' it'll be easy, hell nothin' these days is" he said with a shrug "and I wouldn't want to be caught by no Gallics either. But it ain't stopped us before."

After taking a large sip from his drink, Jimmy leant forward resting his elbows on the table.

"I'm thinkin' we split the profits like we do now, anyone who works the contract gets paid a share from whoever holds it. The catch is we're gonna need capital if we' want to do the thing right." He looked between the two before placing his glass in the middle of the table. "So what if we make a stash, somewhere central like" he gestured at his drink "and put a small cut of our profits in it, 5 maybe 10% of each job" Jimmy added wiggling a horizontal hand on its axis "and use it to fund our operation?"

RE: The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club - Stoner_Steve - 07-25-2016

Ted shrugged, "a 10% cut isn't half bad, but I want a budget for repairs, bribery, and blackmail." glancing around at the other two with their drinks "I think I'd like a drink too" He grinned momentarily before shouting across the room to the bartender "Oyi, I want a straight green apple tequila" many of the patrons glared at the disruption, as Ted turned back around towards the table, completely unaware of the breech of etiquette.