Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Decision on the Banned Six (/showthread.php?tid=141430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Admin Decision on the Banned Six - St.Denis - 07-24-2016

It has taken a long time to resolve this issue, for those of you that found this to have taken too long, be assured that we are not happy about this either. This lenghty process is mainly caused by the fact that we had multiple discussions and votes regarding this, none of the results we got there were deemed to be ' good solutions'.
With the latest discussion we have agreed on the following:

Despite the best intentions of the team our action could be considered as below the standard expected as we have failed to fully follow what would be considered fair procedures.

- The six banned players:
Lythrilux and Karst stay banned, they were considered to be harmful to a level that we just can not allow on the server.
The other four, that is Impy, Mephistoles, Snoopy and Swifty will have their ban turned into a probation.

- The Dev strike:
You are free to keep working on the Mod if you want to do so, should you decide to keep your "strike" up and decide to stop working on the Mod then please notify us to put you back into the standard member group as you do not require access to the Dev forums any longer. You will be given 2 weeks to make your mind up on this.

This is the final decision on this matter, further discussions regarding it will not be had.

Additionally, to prevent something like this in the future, the following process will be implemented:

Players that show a behaviour that is considered as unhealthy for the server will be given ONE public warning regarding what has been seen as problematic, they will have one month to improve their behaviour, as that is when their ban will be voted on. To ensure that these warnings are not mixed with normal warnings they will be called FINAL WARNINGS.

The general low level sniping, baiting, calling out etc. that adds nothing to the community will also be monitored more closely. Posts that are made invisible will also attract a warning rather than the current practice which is often just to hide.

That is all.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Petitioner - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:51 PM)St.Denis Wrote: This is the final decision on this matter, further discussions regarding it will not be had.
Is this to be understood that discussion about it will be ignored, or will it be invis'd and met with potential administrative sanctions?

Edit: Also, Meph says his account's still banned.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Durandal - 07-25-2016

I do not speak for the striking members as a whole when I say this, but it is my belief that while some of the bans and even probations were undeserved that this is a major act of humility and a step in the right direction from the admin team, and you have most certainly regained some of my respect. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

- Justin

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Sciamach - 07-25-2016

Thank you.

Can we all move on now?

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Xenon - 07-25-2016

I have a very important question please for you guys
Did you deliver the evidences against those players including the reasons about their bans to them (banned players)?
I hope i can get a clear answer about that, and thank you

I don't feel comfortable about some parts of this last decision, but i believe that a 2nd chance sometimes bring up the best of the person which is sometimes dusty or hidden.
Good luck with the new rule enhancements and long live discovery community, one of the best around.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - HuggieSunrise - 07-25-2016

considering it was actually quite short.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Geoffacake - 07-25-2016

[Image: 3_sparkle_600.png]

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Freeroamer - 07-25-2016

-1 I think that Karst should be unbanned due to his part in running factions

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Nodoka Hanamura - 07-25-2016

I'm a mere newbie here, but I've looked over a few recent infractions (just my two cents after looking at one of the more recent bans - one of the larget ones as a matter of fact), and @Freeroamer - I think it would be best for Karst to Speak to his closest Subordinates and charge the best personnel in each faction suited for replacing him with the task.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Psyentific - 07-25-2016

THANK YOU GOODMINS

/cheer