Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Decision on the Banned Six (/showthread.php?tid=141430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Thyrzul - 07-31-2016

(07-31-2016, 11:39 PM)Magnifique Wrote: Did they really claim Skype isn't taken into account for sanctions? If yes, where? And why shouldn't it?

Apparently yes.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Magnifique - 07-31-2016

Well then the admins, or the admin in your post, should clarify, and if he deems necessary, apologize. Shouldn't be a biggie. Explaining for each single player exactly what was the behavior that they got sanctioned for individually shouldn't be a biggie either. If they don't do that, there's a major problem.

A sanction is useless, and not a real sanction but rather a sort of personal attack, if its not made clear what exactly was the behavior deemed worth sanctioning.

Now mind you... I'm not saying I believe there wasn't a good reason. I'm saying the admins have done a terrible job at explaining it.

I could easily tell you a very good reason for sanctioning Lyth, just by reading his own appeal. It's amazing to me why admins don't do it.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Zed26 - 08-03-2016

(07-31-2016, 11:55 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 11:39 PM)Magnifique Wrote: Did they really claim Skype isn't taken into account for sanctions? If yes, where? And why shouldn't it?

Apparently yes.
Not necessarily. Read the message carefully and read the next line to put it into context:
Quote:Nope. We don't take skype desputes into account
Attitudes of people, sure.
This is consistent with what's been said so far. Unrelated disputes that happened purely over Skype between people aren't taken into account, but the poor attitudes of people are noted (like harassing a member of the staff via Skype).

Isn't this kind of nitpicking technicalities though? Be civil to everyone, not just friends, and there shouldn't be any problems. Strong disagreements and arguments are fine and dandy. Block/ignore each other if you have to. However, when you rage/troll, you lose. Even if Skype is made off-limits as evidence, raging at/trolling other people on any platform isn't the best way to get things to go your way. Character evidence is a real thing.

I was going to say, "Follow the Golden Rule," but Discovery is full of self-loathing people.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - xiphos - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 02:59 AM)Zed26 Wrote: Isn't this kind of nitpicking technicalities though? Be civil to everyone, not just friends, and there shouldn't be any problems. Strong disagreements and arguments are fine and dandy. Block/ignore each other if you have to. However, when you rage/troll, you lose. Even if Skype is made off-limits as evidence, raging at/trolling other people on any platform isn't the best way to get things to go your way. Character evidence is a real thing.

So much this.

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Thyrzul - 08-04-2016

(08-03-2016, 02:59 AM)Zed26 Wrote: Strong disagreements and arguments are fine and dandy.

Are they?

RE: Admin Decision on the Banned Six - Mickk - 08-04-2016

So....

This thread was started about 8 days ago and there was some discussion after the OP, which I thought explained what was going on pretty well, the OP that is.

I also read some of the following posts, when it was only 2-3 pages long.

I was browsing the forum as I do occasionally and noticed that this thread is *still* going and I'm kind wondering why.

No, I haven't read the additional posts to the thread from the last time I looked, reading 11 pages worth = tl,dr.

From what I have seen on the last page, it seems the 'conversation' here is reasonable and mostly coherent, but it does seem to be beating a dead horse as it were.

As for Zed26's "Strong disagreements and arguments are fine and dandy." comment, I agree with that, however only as long as they don't spiral out of control, that is when things tend to jump off the rails.

Sometimes that sort of thing will lead to significant changes for the better, the world and indeed the server would be a pretty strange place if everybody agreed and never argued about stuff.