Discovery Gaming Community
Forum Warning - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Forum Warning (/showthread.php?tid=141870)

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum Warning - DiscoveryGC Admins - 08-06-2016

You may have wondered what the warning level under you name was, or possibly why it is not used.

Wonder no more, we will now be utilising this feature to help with forum management, when it reaches 100% there is an automatic 6 month forum ban.

The minimum warning level is 10% and will remain active for 3 months.

There are no changes to rules etc. just an addition to how warning are monitored.

RE: Forum Warning - Shiki - 08-06-2016

Nice.

inb4 warned

RE: Forum Warning - Quetz - 08-06-2016

It's not visible on Carbon theme Confused

RE: Forum Warning - Venture - 08-06-2016

It's not visible on Blue Revolution as well, do I need to change something in the settings?

EDIT: Nevermind I am blind.

RE: Forum Warning - xiphos - 08-06-2016

A very good idea.

RE: Forum Warning - krazykat47x - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 12:30 PM)The Kitty Wrote: You may have wondered what the warning level under you name was, or possibly why it is not used.

Wonder no more, we will now be utilising this feature to help with forum management, when it reaches 100% there is an automatic 6 month forum ban.

There are no changes to rules etc. just an addition to how warning are monitored.

Hello , thank you .. I was not even aware of the warning level , I will try and monitor it ,, and I'll do my best to stay below the level of being banned.. I do belong to another gamer website N.O.G. , I have owned and played FL SP since 2003 never played it in a server , at the NOG, I'm known as Odie , some people remember my log on to N.F.S. World as ,"krazykat47x" spent most of my online gaming ,racing around in need for Speed games... but the last few years haven't been kind to me as i have rarely been able to do any thing other than log on to face book occasionally , and as for Night Owls Gaming community , I can count on one hand the mount of times I logged on... , one more little tidbit about me.. I love to have fun especially on line , But I am have another nickname: Uber Noob. so please feel free to school me ,( show me the ropes) on what to do to play along with any one in the server side , and maybe you can point me to a noob friendly event so I can get to know peeps and may be join a clan ? and also is there a chat server ?
[/size]

RE: Forum Warning - Sorrontis - 08-06-2016

Will we be given a reason for why our forum warning level goes up?

RE: Forum Warning - krazykat47x - 08-06-2016

thanks again lol im going to try and join my first ever server ..
i hope i dont step on any toes as i find my place in the stars...
Cool

RE: Forum Warning - Jack_Henderson - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 12:30 PM)The Kitty Wrote: You may have wondered what the warning level under you name was, or possibly why it is not used.

I'd request a different consequence than "automatic 6 months ban".
A more differentiated treatment is likely better. It can make sense to do things like "can only post in only in rp section", etc.

Furthermore, I do not understand thet part: "The minimum warning level is 10%"

Does that mean that the warning level increases in 10% steps?

Moreover, please clarify this: "will remain active for 3 months"

What will remain active for 3 months?
Let's assume, someone managed to get 50 % and then, he is clean for 3 months, does it go back to 40%, or to 0%.

In my opinion, such a rule has to be clear, especially if the consequences of trying its effect out means a hefty 6 month ban.

Jack

RE: Forum Warning - Thyrzul - 08-06-2016

(08-06-2016, 07:38 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I'd request a different consequence than "automatic 6 months ban". Furthermore, I do not understand thet part: "The minimum warning level is 10%"

Does that mean that the warning level increases in 10% steps?

I think it means that the minimum warning level is 10%.

A.k.a. you can get 11%, 23%, but not 8%. There is nothing about the increment rate nowhere in the OP.

(08-06-2016, 07:38 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Moreover, please clarify this: "will remain active for 3 months"

What will remain active for 3 months?
Let's assume, someone managed to get 50 % and then, he is clean for 3 months, does it go back to 40%, or to 0%.

I guess the warning remains active for 3 months. How I picture it is if you'd get a 10% warning, then a month later you get a 30%, then it'd go up to 40% for 2 months, fall back to 30% for the following month (as the previous warning expired), then nullify in case nothing else happens in the meanwhile. At least that makes it logical for me, but keep in mind it's still a guess.

Indeed admin green would be handy. You know, just to make sure nothing gets misinterpreted on accident.