Discovery Gaming Community
Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: A/)- Technocracy of Auxo (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=311)
+----- Thread: Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=142072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: A/) - Feedback - Shryke - 09-01-2016

Regarding your use of Barrier Gate as a base of operations, how do you reconcile your group's goals and hardline anti-cardamine policy with this:

Quote:As Tinsley planned, Barrier Gate has become a place where the Outcasts exchange Cardamine with the criminals of Liberty, producing astounding profits. Not that his plan hasn't been without its problems. Tinsley is constantly fighting subtle attempts to take over the station from the Rogues, Junkers and the Outcasts themselves. In addition, the publication of the Barrier Pass and the new station earned Tinsley several large bounties from Molly gangs who have lost most of their cardamine smuggling business, which have thus far gone uncollected.

It would be a bit of stretch to think that the administrators of the base would allow what is essentially a heavily armed fleet to reside there that threatens their profits. I realize a lot of it stems from you not having your own base and PoBs being poorly implemented, but this does seem to be a matter of convenience more than anything since no one can throw you out as Barrier Gate is rightfully not owned by anyone.

RE: A/) - Feedback - HuggieSunrise - 09-01-2016

you can shack up with us oracles at the shrine till you find a new place.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Enkidu - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 11:01 PM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: you can shack up with us oracles at the shrine till you find a new place.

Careful lads, the K'hara are getting crafty....

...Do you accept pets?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 05:26 PM)Shryke Wrote: Regarding your use of Barrier Gate as a base of operations, how do you reconcile your group's goals and hardline anti-cardamine policy with this:

Quote:As Tinsley planned, Barrier Gate has become a place where the Outcasts exchange Cardamine with the criminals of Liberty, producing astounding profits. Not that his plan hasn't been without its problems. Tinsley is constantly fighting subtle attempts to take over the station from the Rogues, Junkers and the Outcasts themselves. In addition, the publication of the Barrier Pass and the new station earned Tinsley several large bounties from Molly gangs who have lost most of their cardamine smuggling business, which have thus far gone uncollected.

It would be a bit of stretch to think that the administrators of the base would allow what is essentially a heavily armed fleet to reside there that threatens their profits. I realize a lot of it stems from you not having your own base and PoBs being poorly implemented, but this does seem to be a matter of convenience more than anything since no one can throw you out as Barrier Gate is rightfully not owned by anyone.

I'm guessing you're referring to the transport incident, which was outside of the Barrier's set NFZ, which is 5k.

I wouldn't demand anything within the gate range, unless we started to get provoked. Otherwise, I was teasing the transport to scare him. Same could be said about the Order demanding the Nomad Powercells right outside it too. It's kinda too bad there's no enforcers to it.

Quote:you can shack up with us oracles at the shrine till you find a new place.

Is this the new "Do you want some candy " bait?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Shryke - 09-02-2016

No I think you're missing my point. Just because it was done outside of the supposed NFZ (which is for all intents and purposes useless since who is going to enforce the Barrier Gate NFZ?), it doesn't mean the station owners would go "ah well, outside of the NFZ, that's fine then. Docking request approved." You're threatening the station's profit, the very reason they can stay in business. Since there is no one to enforce it, and I strongly believe there shouldn't be anyone that owns the only truly neutral station in the game, factions should take greater care around the station even if it means curtailing some of it's goals and policies.

Also, I smuggle cardamine and slaves on that route and have never been interdicted once by A/ so this isn't salt - it just doesn't make sense to me.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 09-02-2016

He already did business per say, we followed him out after he docked. Otherwise, could have intercepted in Cortez, same effect. Not to mention, it's within CR space, where it's illegal and CR want to supposedly contest for control of the gate.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Vendetta - 09-02-2016

Not to mention a makeshift station really isn't in the position to argue with a small fleet of warships.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Shryke - 09-02-2016

The difference between you guys and CR is that they have their own bases to dock at.

My point is just because there are no inRP consequences from other players because no one will ever control Barrier Gate, it doesn't mean that they don't exist. It's like if a group of pirates were pirating just outside a Freeport NFZ, then returning to dock at the Freeport. The Zoners would be ballistic, and you have to think Barrier Gate owners would be too that someone is messing with their business.

Barrier Gate is hardly makeshift. It's one of the largest bases in Discovery owned by an extremely rich person with many enemies, you'd think he'd amp up the security.

In any event, since I don't think we are making headway, I've said my piece, take it for what you think it's worth.

RE: A/) - Feedback - nOmnomnOm - 09-02-2016

(09-02-2016, 02:24 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Not to mention a makeshift station really isn't in the position to argue with a small fleet of warships.

in-b4 next "Core-Freeport" related event

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 09-02-2016

Yeah, it's protected by mercs. Again. You do get people pirating outside of it, but oh well.

But the station is still supposedly contested. We can't really dictate lore with gameplay because there's not enough people or anyone who's interested, otherwise we'd see some mercs or grunts guarding the area to ensure fights don't break out.