Discovery Gaming Community
Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: A/)- Technocracy of Auxo (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=311)
+----- Thread: Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=142072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: A/) - Feedback - Vendetta - 05-21-2018

(05-21-2018, 12:49 PM)Lucas Wrote: To stop the pointless drama:
I have had only one encounter with Auxesia so far ingame, which resulted in my snub being torn apart by a Missle+ Solaris Gunboat. RP or not, ooRP I would call that a bitchmove and ever since then I've had a bad view on Auxesia as a whole.

To not mess things up, I do not dislike the RP of the faction or anything, I even find it very interesting, but raping Snubs with Antisnub platforms is by no means fun for the one flying the snub..

What you encountered was ZHMU-7567 Predator. The character itself is designed and written around completely and utterly annihilating any and all snubcraft and actually gets minor sexual gratification from obtaining kills. It doesn't care about anything else and has several, easily exploitable weaknesses.

Imagine a sentry bot in space.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Jessitrescott - 05-21-2018

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 11:08 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: What's going to (or will hopefully) happen is that the Core guns, turrets and equipment will be duplicated for a separate Auxesia cell in a Patch or so. These will be considred the outdated models they left The Core with. At some point in the future, the ships will undergo the same treatment once Core gets new models for their shipline and Auxesia will 'keep' the current ships minus caps as placeholders until they get their own ship-line. I believe this solution is the best course of action that can be taken without leaving one side upset, or lore/RP in a mess.

Until this happens, I would suggest not selling any equipment (and ships perhaps? Although I can understand more leniency here as this part of the solution ha no clear date) as it is technically not what you actually have, and it will allow for the smoothest transition once the equipment gets added.

Neat, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I said that we can split the tech lines and give Aux their own. I said that we could do that, not that we will. It's more or less been canonized at this point that Auxesia is fully capable of reverse engineering your technology, and while a split at some point is sensible the development team is not obligated to prioritize it for you.

Consider this: if what you are requesting is that Aux receives a tech split from the current core tech line that they possess, then that means you acknowledge their possession of the aforementioned technology and their ability to modify it into something of their own design. With that in mind, we can very safely assume that they are capable of replicating it and - christ, no, anything but this - giving it away.

You have been hypocritical throughout this entire process, championing yourself as the hero of everything non-vanilla while actively impeding the efforts of factions similar to your own in progression simply because of the people involved and the way things were handled, ignoring espoused principles in favor of what appears to be a personal vendetta, pun not intended, towards both Auxesia and the development team. Your faction sold tech which you believed to belong to the BHG|, which somehow wasn't an issue. Now when Auxesia distributes your technology, which again and again has been deemed legitimate by the staff, you whine. When the retcon happened - and as much as I hated it, it needed to happen for this very reason (imagine the weird boat we'd be in right now if Auxesia was selling BHG tech) - you stomped your feet and cried about that, too.

Go back to being the paragon of activity in the Omicrons which I promise you is not being impeded by a base in Inverness selling your guns, and stop wasting our time. Pissing off developers and not understanding the word no to the point where we need to come into a feedback thread and yellow text is not the guy you want to be.

In summary, Auxesia has the guns sold on their base, the means to produce them were a product of years of roleplay, they can distribute them, they do not own the techcell, and while the situation Kazinsal described is likely to happen at some point, we are not going to expedite it just for you.

this whole argument is based on the fact that Core Gave approval to A/) for the tech cell. Firstly no we didnt give them, secondly our Leader at the time was raven so she said i took the cell and left, which is the only rp behind their story about how they got core tech sell, its ONE PARAGRAPH OF RP. This Is powergaming, the faction leader for Core| After that werent consulted and where not even given a chance ,even though we told them no and you cant take our tech cell.

@Durandal you're blatantly supporting a Powergamed tech cell, as a Storyline developer consultant why are you supporting this idea/style of RP in the first place ?? you blatantly denied Core getting a megalodon because Core dont have the means to produce it and core inrp should have only one battleship yet you support this OORP powergamed techcell ?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sombs - 05-21-2018

They did the RP. If you don't like it, deal with it inRP. The lobby is closed.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Lythrilux - 05-21-2018

(05-21-2018, 11:51 AM)Vendetta Wrote: It's also not your place to go out and start making decisions and having discussions on behalf of our faction, so stop doing that.

That's hypocritical. Auxesia making an under-the-radar request over the tech, without consulting Core or BHG, is what got us to this point.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 11:08 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: What's going to (or will hopefully) happen is that the Core guns, turrets and equipment will be duplicated for a separate Auxesia cell in a Patch or so. These will be considred the outdated models they left The Core with. At some point in the future, the ships will undergo the same treatment once Core gets new models for their shipline and Auxesia will 'keep' the current ships minus caps as placeholders until they get their own ship-line. I believe this solution is the best course of action that can be taken without leaving one side upset, or lore/RP in a mess.

Until this happens, I would suggest not selling any equipment (and ships perhaps? Although I can understand more leniency here as this part of the solution ha no clear date) as it is technically not what you actually have, and it will allow for the smoothest transition once the equipment gets added.

Neat, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

It's what I wrote and you followed up with it's something you can do. As I said in brackets "(it's hopefully)", implying it's something that would either happen soon or in the future. You didn't specify anything else otherwise. A slight misunderstanding on my part, if anything.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: I said that we can split the tech lines and give Aux their own. I said that we could do that, not that we will. It's more or less been canonized at this point that Auxesia is fully capable of reverse engineering your technology, and while a split at some point is sensible the development team is not obligated to prioritize it for you.

And yet, for the past couple years, you've prioritised Auxesia above everyone else. Don't you see the problem here? Don't you see the factors that have gotten us to this point in time? The Dev team brazenly pandered to one group, not only above, but at the expense of two others. I think this is a cautionary tale for why things like this need to be avoided in future, and why bias is bad, because it will lead to inconsistencies, it will lead to mistakes, and it will lead to people being upset.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: Consider this: if what you are requesting is that Aux receives a tech split from the current core tech line that they possess, then that means you acknowledge their possession of the aforementioned technology and their ability to modify it into something of their own design. With that in mind, we can very safely assume that they are capable of replicating it and - christ, no, anything but this - giving it away.

No, I don't really consider that them having our stuff is legitimate, but given how deep-rooted this debacle has become I think we're past the point of subtractive measures and I'd rather look forward. My idea is the best solution, that stops people being upset whilst taking away things from no one. Auxesia shouldn't be able to produce the current line of Core ships and equipment, but rather outdated but wholly unique versions. They should also certainly not really be producing capital guns, and should be sticking with the cap turrets they SRP'd.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: You have been hypocritical throughout this entire process, championing yourself as the hero of everything non-vanilla while actively impeding the efforts of factions similar to your own in progression simply because of the people involved and the way things were handled, ignoring espoused principles in favor of what appears to be a personally vendetta, pun not intended, towards both Auxesia and the development team. Your faction sold tech which you believed to belong to the BHG|, which somehow wasn't an issue. Now when Auxesia distributes your technology, which again and again has been deemed legitimate by the staff, you whine. When the retcon happened - and as much as I hated it, it needed to happen for this very reason (imagine the weird boat we'd be in right now if Auxesia was selling BHG tech) - you stomped your feet and cried about that, too.

Maybe I'd be more inclined to show kinship with Disco factions if it wasn't the case that they get far more pandering than we do (the community knows which I mean). I don't honestly feel like Core are in the same boat at all, and have more affinity with the other factions in the game, who are treated equally and are development at similiar paces. So yes, I guess I'm a bit jaded and don't really care about some of the other Disco-added factions as much as I used to anymore.

The BHG line belonged to APM, which is a fact that stretches back both IRL and in-game decades. The staff also specifically weighed in on this matter with a green message, and said both factions shared their FR6 and could sell each other's stuff respectively. When BHG| came along, Impy and I reached a pretty healthy agreement where we just sell each other's stuff where/when it makes sense and shoot people who shouldn't have it. That is not the case at all here.

No offence but I seriously doubt you hated the retcon. If that was the case, you would have approached The Core (or BHG), which you didn't. And before you try to pin it on "because it's you!" I wasn't even leader or around at the time. The retcon did not need to happen, there was already a fairly plausible reason (even though it still wasn't perfect) for Auxesia having the BHG ships: they could be considered an outdated Core line.

And stop trying to make this personal, every time this topic comes up that's what you immediately do. It's not about me, or the specific people in Aux. I have no problem with them, and if anything you are trying to push a divide between us for reasons I cannot understand. Stop that. It's not even just me who is upset about this. People both in and outside the faction do not think it's right. You saw in the discussions in the Omicron Dev Chat that this was the case. If even me and Golly can agree on something, it must be an empirical fact.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: Go back to being the paragon of activity in the Omicrons which I promise you is not being impeded by a base in Inverness selling your guns, and stop wasting our time. Pissing off developers and not understanding the word no to the point where we need to come into a feedback thread and yellow text is not the guy you want to be.

The Core isn't just Omicron-activity generating monkeys. We've got roleplay, which we have our concerns about, and that is what we're addressing here. The Developers have just as much duty to protect the integrity of the roleplay environment of the Admin team. Do you seriously not understand that you are making loads of people upset? Yeah I guess maybe I am pissing you off, but you're also pissing off a lot of people too. I wasn't even the person who bumped this feedback thread. I have had several people in the past couple weeks encourage me to take this to the admin team - I strongly feel like we do not need to reach that point, and can keep things grounded.

(05-21-2018, 12:09 PM)Durandal Wrote: In summary, Auxesia has the guns sold on their base, the means to produce them were a product of years of roleplay, they can distribute them, they do not own the techcell, and while the situation Kazinsal described is likely to happen at some point, we are not going to expedite it just for you.

I only ask this is prioritised given how much of a problem it is. It's not about expediting it just for me, I could leave the community and the problem is still here. It's about taking this matter seriously and doing what you owe to, what you failed to do, not for me, but for The Core faction two years ago.

I'll put in my two cents instead of a single coin:

(05-21-2018, 12:21 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: Auxesia RPed enough imo to back-up their creation of technology. If it doesnt make sense then.. sorry. Put another coin.

You can treat our opinion as subjective, note we do represent the NPC faction, but we don't think that RP is concrete enough to justify Auxesia producing infinite amounts of our stuff. Auxesia should only have the items they left with as SRPs (from our point of view), or at most a tech cell with carefully regulated usage (like with what every other faction does when they have a foreign tech cell on their ID). There is no real justification for them being able to produce unlimited quantities of our tech, especially the most recent versions or even basic capital guns, other than a flaky "muh blueprints" reason and a sneaky yellow statement (which even then, doesn't necessarily disagree that they should not have SRPs). But we are past the point, for better or worse, for looking back and trying to make changes to make up for mistakes. We can only look forward now with additive solutions.

(05-21-2018, 01:09 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: They did the RP. If you don't like it, deal with it inRP. The lobby is closed.

If you read the thread you'd know that's what we're trying to do, at most supplementing it with a mechanic that can only be beneficial.

(05-21-2018, 01:03 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: you blatantly denied Core getting a megalodon because Core dont have the means to produce it and core inrp should have only one battleship yet you support this OORP powergamed techcell ?

This is actually a good point, even if it is a little off topic. I'm past the point of discussion for the Megalodon, but how can you legitimise a bunch of people "defecting" from a faction and suddenly able to produce that faction's tech flying out the wazoo, but not feel like a faction being able to construct a Heavy Battleship is legit?

RE: A/) - Feedback - Jessitrescott - 05-21-2018

(05-21-2018, 01:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 01:12 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: I'm a mad child and don't like it when people get my toys

I can play that game as well. I prefer not to because I don't like acting like an idiot. Auxesia got tons of RP backing their stuff up. They got so many tons of RP, people should try to compare themselves with it, maybe it would increase their own RP-skills. Auxesia got the SRPs, meaning they got the approval from the greens. They got the NPCs and NPC-assets, meaning they got the approval from the yellows. They did not powergame. I think you have no idea what the term "powergaming" actually means. That term describes taking control of other people's characters or enforcing consequences on characters that are only to be enforced by the owner of the character. What you fail to get into your heads is that the techcell is not a player's toy. None of you owns it. All you, as the players behind the characters, own, are the ships you have in your accounts. That is all you own. Everything else is stuff you manage. You don't own NPC assets. You direct them, you manage them. If someone else RP'd they got stolen. the only way you are to deal with it is inRP. Funny enough, that was done. Auxesia paid the Core under Wesker's command. Nothing stops Core from reverting that, changing their mind. There are enough guildkeepers that have other opinions on things.

This discussion is kindergarten and you all really should stop pretending NPC stuff is your own personal property.

1)Auxesia paid Core for a bunch of ships not their tech cells.
2) Auxesia dont have RP backing Core Tech Line Cell, Getting all tech line cells should be srped( they only have on paragraph about how Sapphire raven stole techcell).
3)Yes they did powergame- A/) havent talked,discussed with Core for getting their powercell.
4) i very well know the meaning of powergaming
5) yes we dont own our tech sell but apparently pepole can steal it and make their own copies of it - if we cant own the tech sell how do we steal it ? explain please.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Durandal - 05-21-2018

Sombra, Jess, end it.

Lyth, a staff statement is a staff statement, just like the green one you received on that BHG/Core ruling. Swallow it and get the hell out of the feedback thread, and file a violation report if you believe the development team is aiding in the propagation of powergamed roleplay. I'm not even going to lie that not a soul on this earth could wipe the grin off my face when all you get is the same text in a different flavor of RGB.

I'm not going to lock this, but I'd strongly advise that someone else do.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Kauket - 05-21-2018

According to your logic, several factions shouldn't have tech cells and only srps, eg hellfire, bd access to knf, wild having 100 on almost everything, etc

Will you just stop? This is absolutely getting out of hand, and I know that you hold sentiment to the Core and I fully understand that connection you have but you're really pushing it out of proportion. Also take note that we still fight the similar enemies so that the area of the tech being used isn't too out of place, eg we both fight nomads, corsairs, order etcetc

Also I'm busy working so don't expect me to waste energy struggling on this little phone screen replying and elaborating, just take a break

RE: A/) - Feedback - The Sovereign - 05-21-2018

thread officially closed and locked. I will reopen this later, when we All prove we can discuss like adults.

RE: A/) - Feedback - The Sovereign - 06-24-2018

Unlocked. behave now.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sand_Spider - 08-13-2018

Hello!

I'd like to give a bit of feedback regarding our get-together this past Sunday to crack open the Locked Down Storage Facility.

Despite the intense part of negotiations where we were all trying to figure out how to split things evenly, I had a fairly good experience during my interaction with ya'll. I especially appreciate ya'll's patience with me (The Key Ship holder) being the Total-PoB-Newbie-not-knowing-what-he's-doing person. The whole time I was sitting there thinking "Wat even is base administration, how 4 I do dis?" Like, I was probably not the best person on the server to be the finder of The.Titan (Seriously, I had no idea what I was doing xD). We eventually got things figured out though, and everyone received their agreed upon cuts of the spoils.

I still laugh over all of the comically minor bickering between Rick and Aux over a darn magnet. I swear, I was close to having Sandra take the darn thing, throw it out the air lock and have people fight over it! Tongue My wife thinks ya'll are crazy, by the way (Rick included, lol).

Anyways, I just wanted to put that out there. I like to give positive feedback when I can, since so often I notice these sorts of threads tend to be magnets for negative reviews.

Stay safe out there, and here's to future interactions.

Regards,
~Sand_Spider