Discovery Gaming Community
Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: A/)- Technocracy of Auxo (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=311)
+----- Thread: Technocracy of Auxo - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=142072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: A/) - Feedback - Madvillain - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Foxglove Wrote: Just my two cents: Auxesia is based on a rigid ideological framework promoting transhumanism. Of course there is going to be friction when it comes to a people in Freelancer that behave like degenerates.

Are you insinuating that Auxesia is supposed to behave like degenerates? Because if so I just had a misconception of what this faction represents and ultimately it's all up to them I suppose.

(03-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Foxglove Wrote: Given that Auxesia is hostile to them, the Corsairs give a lot of ways they can be attacked verbally.

Ofcourse, and I applaud good execution of that. It seems that good execution is something that needs to be worked on.

(03-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Foxglove Wrote: I do not think Auxesia is in any way unreasonable in their behaviour towards them inRP. It is mature content, yes, but not obscene or overly graphic. It is as tastefully done as it can get.

I don't give feedback to rule lawyer or any of that, I just think in contrary to your opinion that it is severely distasteful roleplay, the likes I've personally never seen before on Disco.

(03-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Foxglove Wrote: Remember, they are playing a role. I get the feeling you want to insinuate the player behind purple iRL stands behind the espoused ideology, and I think that is unfair and needlessly alarmist of you. Again, they are playing a role and they do so within the scope of the rules. If that upsets you, maybe the problem is between the screen and the chair.

I understand this is roleplay, it's just the type of roleplay that really makes me want to log off and do something else, I believe the problem is not between my sceen and my chair,
I don't care what the player behind Purple stands behind in real life that is not what I am giving feedback about. I am purely giving feedback about the roleplay shown and although it is within the scope of the rules, It's just really unattractive. It does not upset me. I simply think it's roleplay of the lowest quality and decency.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Lythrilux - 03-11-2019

Transhumanism is about accepting the limitations of the human body and improving/removing those through evolution via technology. Belittling races... isn't really part of that. In fact, you actually accept your own imperfections and strive to get rid of those weaknesses.

I don't think the roleplay is necessarily tasteless (see: "the strong make the rules"), or that Purple is a nazi or whatever. If anything it just comes across as a bit strange. It's a bit weird that such a multi-cultural faction, that recruits anyone they can get from all backgrounds, would argue for eugenics when they're very likely to be even more genetically inconsistent than the Corsairs.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Foxglove - 03-11-2019

It kind of seems to me as though you are upset as evidenced by the fact that you are seemingly giving this much of a damn. I would argue that getting this visceral a reaction from you is actually a good thing, as it means the role was well played. Ultimately, what you call degenerate is a well played, albeit odious character. And yes, if that does want to make you log off, then the problem is you, point and case.

Oh well.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Alessa Samson - 03-11-2019

Well, Transhumanism actually means evolution through artificial impact. Even I don't see eugenics a part actually only directing to Nazis. It us something to keep very careful. It is in reality often used very antagonistic against humanity and forced by violence. Though. Keep in mind dating portals actually are based on similar principles.

However I don't see the point natural genetics are actual part of Aux RP as transhumanism works on artificial elements.

(03-11-2019, 03:57 PM)Foxglove Wrote: It kind of seems to me as though you are upset as evidenced by the fact that you are seemingly giving this much of a damn. I would argue that getting this visceral a reaction from you is actually a good thing, as it means the role was well played. Ultimately, what you call degenerate is a well played, albeit odious character. And yes, if that does want to make you log off, then the problem is you, point and case.

Oh well.

I think you misunderstand my point. I am giving feedback not to blow off steam or because I am upset. As I made clear, I give this feedback so this faction can improve. On a sidenote, official factions are supposed to make this game more attractive so making people want to log off / avoid you instead of engage in mutual entertaining interaction is not a good thing. It seems instead of a sign introspective, that constructive criticism meets deaf ears here. I give a damn because TBH and Auxesia actually could have nice interaction and PvP together. Something that benefits everyone.

Oh well.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sombs - 03-11-2019

Weird. Corsairs repeatedly make jokes about sending captives to Crete's Chili Sausage Factories - inRP - and yell YALALALALALALA - inRP - but when Auxesia calls them out on behaving like degenerates - inRP - that's suddenly an issue to take to a feedback thread, coloring them as Nazis? Should people go to the TBH feedback thread and complain about the extremely repetitive YALALALALALALA and frequently unserious RPs as well, because some people prefer things to be taken a bit more serious during times where people can create ships with the most ooRP-referential names and behave like clowns ingame, ruining immersion?

Man up. We can do this on a kindergarten niveau - both ingame and here in the feedback threads - or accept that people RP Human Chili Sausage Factories and transhumanism-focused people that rather eliminate people who behave like plundering cannibals and raping pillagers. Just because some people have a more comedic approach on the Corsairs doesn't mean they aren't Corsairs anymore.

(03-11-2019, 04:20 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Should people go to the TBH feedback thread and complain about the extremely repetitive YALALALALALALA and frequently unserious RPs as well, because some people prefer things to be taken a bit more serious during times where people can create ships with the most ooRP-referential names and behave like clowns ingame, ruining immersion?

That's what feedback is for and as a matter of fact I'd appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, so we can improve ourselves. I'd like to hear more about the "ooRP-referential names" for a start.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Thunderer - 03-11-2019

Corsair RP is pleasant and funny, or at least tries to be. But Auxesian RP is coloured with too much emotion for me, it's too serious, too "edgy" from my point of view, and often a bit offensive. Not saying that's necessarily wrong, every faction has their own sentiment, I'm just saying that Auxesia could get more RP if they were more pleasant to interact with.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Reacher - 03-11-2019

(03-11-2019, 04:20 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Weird. Corsairs repeatedly make jokes about sending captives to Crete's Chili Sausage Factories - inRP - and yell YALALALALALALA - inRP - but when Auxesia calls them out on behaving like degenerates - inRP - that's suddenly an issue to take to a feedback thread, coloring them as Nazis? Should people go to the TBH feedback thread and complain about the extremely repetitive YALALALALALALA and frequently unserious RPs as well, because some people prefer things to be taken a bit more serious during times where people can create ships with the most ooRP-referential names and behave like clowns ingame, ruining immersion?

Man up. We can do this on a kindergarten niveau - both ingame and here in the feedback threads - or accept that people RP Human Chili Sausage Factories and transhumanism-focused people that rather eliminate people who behave like plundering cannibals and raping pillagers. Just because some people have a more comedic approach on the Corsairs doesn't mean they aren't Corsairs anymore.

If so, then provide that feedback with examples we'll evaluate it.

There are less "head troublesome/scratching" ways to RP against Corsairs... But its their RP. If they want to continue with it; I will just avoid interacting with them.

RE: A/) - Feedback - Sombs - 03-11-2019

Or just /1 /2 them? TBH and Auxesia are hostile to each other, what else than pew do you expect? Auxesia is taking the dystopic part of Discovery serious. TBH does the opposite and jokes about processing humans into chili sausage. Auxesia and half of Sirius judges Corsairs for that, the other half enjoys Chili Sausage. And nutella.

I know what point you try to get across, but if you don't want to be seen, inRP, as the lowest scum of Sirius, maybe you shouldn't play Corsairs, because, aside from the player-driven Nutella-Yalala stuff, they are literally that and have a society based around piracy and barbaric acts.