Discovery Gaming Community
Greetings pilots, I am back! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Greetings pilots, I am back! (/showthread.php?tid=142093)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings pilots, I am back! - MutantWizard - 08-13-2016

Well not really and not yet but I am back anyway!

Never played discovery before and my games rig is still being assembled. Besides got to find my CD. I know its somewhere but that somewhere is being very elusive.

Started playing vanilla back in 2003 and played regularly for a couple years and then on and off for another 4. Real life caught up with me in 2010 but am now able to get back into it. Am so glad Freelancer is still alive and well with Discovery mod.

Cant remember all the servers I played but for sure there was a NZ one and an Ozzie one besides Crossfire. Led a "Mutants" clan and flew under callsign "Wizard" and a few variants of it. Even though officially a clan Mutants really never were anything other than a bunch of misfits without any real clan rules as none of us would have followed any rules anyway. We did occasionally come together for a raid, to help each other when in trouble and sometimes even a mass fight. We never had any alliances but we had plenty of enemies. We killed and got killed a lot. It was hell of a lot of fun.

I am still a misfit so beware in game at the slightest doubt I shoot first and ask questions later. There is only one thing you can trust about me and that is my word. If I give to you and you can bet your life on it.

Any tips on RP, ships, weapons, equipment, bases and clans are welcome but dont think that giving any will save your ass in game.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - 7AlphaOne1 - 08-13-2016

Big talk from a noob! get ready to be pwned!!!

Jk welcome to Discovery. We have an intricate system of RP, and clans arent technically clans here, more like, corporations, cops, terrorists and stuff. you'll get used to it, and hopefully, like it here.

Ask me or those going around with colourful names if you need any help.

good luck.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - nOmnomnOm - 08-13-2016

rp, shoot, and then ask questions Tongue
Or admins will be mad :C

Welcome, though. Be sure to read on the rules. You can find them at the top of the forum where the drop down stuff is.

I hope u have fun Big Grin

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - Stoner_Steve - 08-13-2016

Welcome! Hope to see you ingame

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - MutantWizard - 08-14-2016

heya pilots, thanks for the welcome. hmmm.... yea I guess you might see a noob coming.....

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - Astreas - 08-14-2016

Welcome. Prepare to type much more than shoot.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - Mickk - 08-14-2016

(08-13-2016, 06:11 PM)MutantWizard Wrote: Well not really and not yet but I am back anyway!

Never played discovery before and my games rig is still being assembled. Besides got to find my CD. I know its somewhere but that somewhere is being very elusive.

Started playing vanilla back in 2003 and played regularly for a couple years and then on and off for another 4. Real life caught up with me in 2010 but am now able to get back into it. Am so glad Freelancer is still alive and well with Discovery mod.

Cant remember all the servers I played but for sure there was a NZ one and an Ozzie one besides Crossfire. Led a "Mutants" clan and flew under callsign "Wizard" and a few variants of it. Even though officially a clan Mutants really never were anything other than a bunch of misfits without any real clan rules as none of us would have followed any rules anyway. We did occasionally come together for a raid, to help each other when in trouble and sometimes even a mass fight. We never had any alliances but we had plenty of enemies. We killed and got killed a lot. It was hell of a lot of fun.

I am still a misfit so beware in game at the slightest doubt I shoot first and ask questions later. There is only one thing you can trust about me and that is my word. If I give to you and you can bet your life on it.

Any tips on RP, ships, weapons, equipment, bases and clans are welcome but dont think that giving any will save your ass in game.

Sounds like the single most important thing for you to do is to have a really good look at the Rules.

The Admins will generally cut you a *little* slack if you are new to the server, but keep in mind this is an RP server and one of the major requirements in any combat situation is that you talk first, well, before doing serious/lethal damage at any rate.

You *should* be ok if you just ping someone's shield to get their attention, but don't take my word for it. (Admins correct me if I'm wrong)

Ships and equipment are ID linked, so shouldn't be flying certain ships on some ID's and whatever. Also mounting weapons/equipment that aren't meant for a ship type leads to power loss/penalties.

This chart will help with that. --> http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

Again, make sure you read up on the rules, they have been re-done recently and should be easy to understand if you take the time read them.

You will be surprised, Discovery is like Vanilla FL only in the fact that most of the Original stuff is still in game, but a vast amount has been added, it's very much a case of this Mod being 'Freelancer 2' or that is what I think anyway. There are a vast amount of new ships that are only going to be found in Discovery..... unless some other mod has highjacked them. :p

Last thing I can think of is.... one ID per ship, you can't even carry another ID in your hold. Been seeing a lot of this in the sanctions forum recently which is why I'm mentioning it.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - MutantWizard - 08-15-2016

(08-14-2016, 02:20 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Welcome. Prepare to type much more than shoot.
Thanks, am prepared for anything even what im not prepared for.... Smile

(08-14-2016, 03:06 PM)Mickk Wrote: Sounds like the single most important thing for you to do is to have a really good look at the Rules.

The Admins will generally cut you a *little* slack if you are new to the server, but keep in mind this is an RP server and one of the major requirements in any combat situation is that you talk first, well, before doing serious/lethal damage at any rate.

You *should* be ok if you just ping someone's shield to get their attention, but don't take my word for it. (Admins correct me if I'm wrong)

Ships and equipment are ID linked, so shouldn't be flying certain ships on some ID's and whatever. Also mounting weapons/equipment that aren't meant for a ship type leads to power loss/penalties.

This chart will help with that. --> http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

Again, make sure you read up on the rules, they have been re-done recently and should be easy to understand if you take the time read them.

You will be surprised, Discovery is like Vanilla FL only in the fact that most of the Original stuff is still in game, but a vast amount has been added, it's very much a case of this Mod being 'Freelancer 2' or that is what I think anyway. There are a vast amount of new ships that are only going to be found in Discovery..... unless some other mod has highjacked them. :p

Last thing I can think of is.... one ID per ship, you can't even carry another ID in your hold. Been seeing a lot of this in the sanctions forum recently which is why I'm mentioning it.

Been readin for d last couple days. Wiki and Tibbles list of guides are a treasure. Thanks for d link. Even a lot of info is posted i will still end up with quite a few questions. Whats the best place to ask?

Love to RP so no worries there. Watch this misfit n freedom junkie make his way through space and break a few laws but will surely try not to go against the server rules.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - Mickk - 08-16-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:18 PM)MutantWizard Wrote: *snip*stuff*snip*

Been readin for d last couple days. Wiki and Tibbles list of guides are a treasure. Thanks for d link. Even a lot of info is posted i will still end up with quite a few questions. Whats the best place to ask?

Love to RP so no worries there. Watch this misfit n freedom junkie make his way through space and break a few laws but will surely try not to go against the server rules.

Best place to ask questions.....

Here is good, the 'FLOOD' forum is another good place, pretty much everyone hits that part of the site.

Also, there is a forum made just for that purpose --> http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

You can pretty much guarantee that you will get an answer if you post a question.

RE: Greetings pilots, I am back! - MutantWizard - 08-16-2016

ughhh... just discovered why i couldnt find my FL CD. Coz its about 10,000km away at my home while im on a work contract at a worst imaginable place on earth. its been found in one of the boxes I shipped home a couple months ago.

Is there another solution for getting FL installed coz if not, d install will have to wait until xmas when I go home for vacation?