Discovery Gaming Community
Gentle Reminder - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gentle Reminder (/showthread.php?tid=142213)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Gentle Reminder - Tunicle - 08-17-2016

We are getting a spate of reports from a number of sources complaining about minimal RP before attack, limited time to respond after a one liner is dropped and constant shadow logging whenever some people log a ship.

Remember this is a game and some degree of sportmanship would be expected.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Xenon - 08-17-2016

Good luck finding those @Tunicle ... it's not easy to catch shadow loggers, blue messages whores and metagamers.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Sombs - 08-17-2016

Uhm, it's actually easy to find them. Some of them are well known noses.

RE: Gentle Reminder - nOmnomnOm - 08-17-2016

Please define what it means to "shadow log" and what it means to be a "blue message whore" .
I swear I have never heard of shadow logging till now.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Laura C. - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 01:20 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Please define what it means to "shadow log" and what it means to be a "blue message whore" .
I swear I have never heard of shadow logging till now.
Never happened to you that few minutes after you logged, someone logged, went directly to system where you are to find you and shoot you? So you logged off, returned after few hours or even another day...and same happened again?

You lucky...guy.

(08-17-2016, 01:41 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Never happened to you that few minutes after you logged, someone logged, went directly to system where you are to find you and shoot you? So you logged off, returned after few hours or even another day...and same happened again?

You lucky...guy.

Thanks for the sarcasm.
Happens to me a lot but I never complained about it.
Why are people complaining about it now? This was even on DAY ONE of disco when I joined.
Hmmm maybe it is because someone wants to interact with you on this low population server??? Could it be!??!?

Everyone should start playing as a pirate. Will you start complaining about this shadow logging then when cops or navy come to shoot you too?

RE: Gentle Reminder - Sombs - 08-17-2016

The difference here is that it's explicit about the logger in that situation, nom. Some people out there give a shit about RP. Some people just want 'destroy someone's life'. Wink

(08-17-2016, 01:51 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The difference here is that it's explicit about the logger in that situation, nom. Some people out there give a ***** about RP. Some people just want 'destroy someone's life'. Wink

Yeah you say some and then when someone just wants to interact then they get blamed for this "shadow logging" and "trolling".
And I am not just pulling this out of my arse too.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Laura C. - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 01:44 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:41 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Never happened to you that few minutes after you logged, someone logged, went directly to system where you are to find you and shoot you? So you logged off, returned after few hours or even another day...and same happened again?

You lucky...guy.

Thanks for the sarcasm.
Happens to me a lot but I never complained about it.
Why are people complaining about it now? This was even on DAY ONE of disco when I joined.
Hmmm maybe it is because someone wants to interact with you on this low population server??? Could it be!??!?
Depends if you count "Here you are you dirty cop/pirate/corporate slave/whatever character you are logged now, prepare to die!" as interaction. I don´t think people would complain about interactions if at least some roleplay takes place. It is much more related to empty bluehunting connected to motivation to prevent people you don´t like from playing their favourite characters.

(08-17-2016, 01:44 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Everyone should start playing as a pirate. Will you start complaining about this shadow logging then when cops or navy come to shoot you too?
I probably would after some time. Though unless you are trying to build "infamous pirate" character, it is much easier to protect yourself by renaming.

Simply put, there always were people targeting other people they don´t like, but that does not mean it is okay.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Thyrzul - 08-17-2016

I guess we could say the difference between shadow logging and interaction seeking is whether one seeks a certain kind of unilateral interaction with a single target (group) or multiple of a specific kind/role/ID.

On an other note, if the discussion could continue in a calm tone, that would be great.