Discovery Gaming Community
Gentle Reminder - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Gentle Reminder (/showthread.php?tid=142213)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Gentle Reminder - Sanctions - 08-17-2016

Bigmama, please protect weaklings from someone mean.
Right this is a game, in games you may be killed. If you carry some ID or tag that is far from being neutral, expect to be popped at any time.
Space is dangerous and cold, isn't it?

RE: Gentle Reminder - Vendetta - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 04:33 PM)Sanctions Wrote: Bigmama, please protect weaklings from someone mean.
Right this is a game, in games you may be killed. If you carry some ID or tag that is far from being neutral, expect to be popped at any time.
Space is dangerous and cold, isn't it?

The normal attitude.

Except under the circumstances of shadowlogging, it isn't normal.

They already have OPed NPC patrols, PoBs, constantly-firing bases, cloaks and whatever. And still they're whining.
If you don't seek confrontations go for zoner/freelancer/whatever neutral IDs are there, it may help you not getting in trouble.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Vendetta - 08-17-2016

I don't think you're following the concept of shadowlogging, because it doesn't matter what ID you use in those cases.

It's a form of griefing. Not just a random encounter that goes bad. It's people actively hunting down specific players/groups whenever they log in to give the minimal amount of roleplay required just to shoot them or harass them. It's docking ships where they dock so that once they log in, then you can log in right on top of them and give a quick /1 /2 before right clicking your mouse furiously in their direction. It's actively chasing them everywhere they go because you can shoot them and ruin their time on the game, and get away with it.

It's poor, trollish behavior.

Discovery rarely shows anything honourable.
That funny-sounding term "Shadowlogging" I see for the first time and have nothing to say on that.
Griefing, well-maybe. However, that's all within the rules. As I said, you carry the responsibility of your tag/ID, you may be shot down or spared depending on the conditions.
Trolling isn't a right term also. Some people play purely for pvp and their only satisfaction is a blue, it's not merely about anything personal, it's about willing to see any red down to dust.
Try figuring out some ways to protect yourself, there are some.

RE: Gentle Reminder - Cardinal - 08-17-2016

I remember someone saying something about "Just because it's red doesn't mean it should be dead."

RE: Gentle Reminder - Omi - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 05:29 PM)Sanctions Wrote: That funny-sounding term "Shadowlogging" I see for the first time

Can't help but echo this. I have no idea where the people who apparently have heard of it are supposed to have heard it from, because while I can guess what it's meant to mean, it's not all that clear what it's actually meant to mean.

Whatever it's meant to mean, I hope it won't discourage people from logging in to shoot at me. I also hope it doesn't signal a swing back towards appeasing the PvP =/= RP crowd. (sun)

RE: Gentle Reminder - KaelanFrey - 08-17-2016

I noticed that a lot of people here feel targetted or even outright offended because of how loosely defined this "shadow logging" term is. But, I would like to bring something to your attention:

(08-17-2016, 08:37 AM)Tunicle Wrote: We are getting a spate of reports from a number of sources complaining about minimal RP before attack, limited time to respond after a one liner is dropped and constant shadow logging whenever some people log a ship.

Right off the bat, this sounds like some people are actually being bullied by an unknown assortment of less-than-great players. I don't know who it is and what is happening, but I doubt that it has anything to do with, for example, BAF logging when they see a few GRN hanging around Bretonian systems - it makes sense inRP for Bretonian authorities to be on the lookout, aswell. What are the players supposed to do, wait for some random dude (who might not ever come to exist) to notice the GRN in those systems inRP and then report it to the BAF? That's just not viable!

If it were about factions logging to interact with enemy factions based on the player list, that matter would've been resolved a really long time ago.

RE: Gentle Reminder - pulha - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 04:53 PM)Vendetta Wrote: I don't think you're following the concept of shadowlogging, because it doesn't matter what ID you use in those cases.

It's a form of griefing. Not just a random encounter that goes bad. It's people actively hunting down specific players/groups whenever they log in to give the minimal amount of roleplay required just to shoot them or harass them. It's docking ships where they dock so that once they log in, then you can log in right on top of them and give a quick /1 /2 before right clicking your mouse furiously in their direction. It's actively chasing them everywhere they go because you can shoot them and ruin their time on the game, and get away with it.

It's poor, trollish behavior.

This ^^

RE: Gentle Reminder - Ryummel - 08-17-2016

"Shadowlogging"??? It's always been "holy war".