Discovery Gaming Community
Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore (/showthread.php?tid=142474)

Pages: 1 2 3

Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - Goldberg - 08-24-2016

Hi,
it's kinda a shame that Artifact and Cardamine smuggling is not really worth anymore. How about we buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore (price)

Right now, I smuggle Cardamine and 3142 credits per unit. But when I haul ORE I get 9,8k or maybe 10k. I only see people flying around 24/7 with Ore, nothing else.

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - Vendetta - 08-24-2016

Uh.

Cardamine sells for 6,155/unit on Manhattan.

Non-Ore commodities are balanced by taking less time than mining and less space to traverse to making the same amount of profit, while ores take time to mine, move, and you're at a far greater risk of piracy due to the value of the cargo. Greater risk = Greater reward, but when examining the economy overall (especially when working with Cardamine) you'll find they're actually quite in line with one another.

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - Johl45 - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 04:55 PM)Legionnaire Wrote: Hi,
it's kinda a shame that Artifact and Cardamine smuggling is not really worth anymore. How about we buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore (price)

Right now, I smuggle Cardamine and 3142 credits per unit. But when I haul ORE I get 9,8k or maybe 10k. I only see people flying around 24/7 with Ore, nothing else.

I Second this.Ore prices were nerfed which according to me is justified.Well we can take Premium Scrap to Malta or Crete for a good price but return trip is not at all profitable so I don't see any smugglers these days.Please increase the profit of Cardimine/Artifacts to 5K/6K per piece to unlawful bases as it will boost the smuggling ingame.I know it sells for good price to manhattan but it should have sellpoint at rochester too.

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - Goldberg - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 05:01 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Uh.

Non-Ore commodities are balanced by taking less time than mining and less space to traverse to making the same amount of profit, while ores take time to mine, move, and you're at a far greater risk of piracy due to the value of the cargo. Greater risk = Greater reward, but when examining the economy overall (especially when working with Cardamine) you'll find they're actually quite in line with one another.

Ups, FL stats has 2 Cardamines in their list Big Grin

[18:04:45] ?: Lambda what they should do is double the buy and sell prices of all non-ore commodites
[18:04:50] ?: and then dynamically buff ores periodically

This is quite a good idea.

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - nOmnomnOm - 08-24-2016

I dont think you guys are aware of the actual prices of these things and how commodities are priced. There is a whole system to do it plus artifacts and cardi have ALREADY been buffed considerably.

[18:08:25] Mephistoles: there should be an ore on rotation 50% of the time
[18:08:50] Mephistoles: i'm directly referring to the post
[18:08:59] Mephistoles: there should be an ore buff for a week
[18:09:04] Mephistoles: then no buff for a week
[18:09:08] Mephistoles: then the next ore buffed for a week
[18:09:10] Mephistoles: etc etc

Mephs idea

(08-24-2016, 05:11 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I dont think you guys are aware of the actual prices of these things and how commodities are priced. There is a whole system to do it plus artifacts and cardi have ALREADY been buffed considerably.

It's not only about Cardamine and Artifacts, it's about all other non Ore commodities

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - nOmnomnOm - 08-24-2016

Again, there is a whole system behind it.
Please look up Xoria's thread on the topic. They explain there why the prices are the way they are.

RE: Buff non Ore commodities and be-duff Ore - HoakinBlackforge - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 05:01 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Uh.

If there wasnt so many damn limitations, smuggling would be much easier.