Discovery Gaming Community
Critical Server Error - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Critical Server Error (/showthread.php?tid=142538)

Pages: 1 2

Critical Server Error - Remnant - 08-26-2016

Hey there folks. Just recently, we've encountered a problem which we haven't seen before on the Windows server. The most simple term for it is a bluescreen. I'm sure a lot of you know what that is.

After recovering from the crash, a few things haven't been right. The most notable being the fact that whenever you try undocking from a base, you undock in the very center of whatever system you are in. I've tried restoring an old version of one of my own ships to see if it was data in the character file, although something like that really isn't possible in the first place.

I'm putting the server into a locked state for the time being. Hopefully I shouldn't have to keep it like that for very long, however we're going to need some time to work on a fix for this odd problem.

I'll keep this thread updated as progress is made.
Hopefully this should take an hour or two at the max to fix.

Thanks for your patience. Things appear to be working properly again. The base plugin was acting weirdly and took over when people were undocking when it shouldn't have. Luckily FLHook compiled on my computer properly, so I sent over a clean version. After a test, things seem to be working fine.

If you encounter any problems with undocking OR any playerbase problems, send me a PM ASAP. You shouldn't have to, though just in case as that's what I had to mess with in order to fix things.
Thank god for debug flags.

Edit: there seems to be some problems still. I'm going to do a full flhook plugin recompile later and double check that everything works tonight.

UPDATE! - Everything seems to be fixed!

RE: Critical Server Error - Venkman - 08-26-2016

Take your time.

RE: Critical Server Error - Inferno - 08-26-2016

Gravedig = Bad;
Anyway, we can all hang out on the forums or break something elsewhere until the problem is solved. Take your time to find it, and if you get bored, just launch things into the sun...or...undock them and achieve the same result.

RE: Critical Server Error - diamond1 - 08-26-2016

So that's why people are exploding. Gave me a good laugh!

RE: Critical Server Error - Venkman - 08-26-2016

Players are not able to neither send or drawcash. I've tried on different chars and accounts and it still doesn't work, Skorak can confirm.

[Image: 1431b39.jpg]

RE: Critical Server Error - DragonLancer - 08-27-2016

/movecash works at the time of posting

RE: Critical Server Error - Piombo65 - 08-27-2016

After the fix who connects from Italy has High ping! And the server is in France....

Edit: So do other regions...

RE: Critical Server Error - sindroms - 08-27-2016

I have two contacts in Italy and they were complaining about slow internet speed in general. No doubt due to the recent earthquakes there damaging the main cables.

RE: Critical Server Error - Piombo65 - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 08:59 PM)sindroms Wrote: I have two contacts in Italy and they were complaining about slow internet speed in general. No doubt due to the recent earthquakes there damaging the main cables.

Ah... considering also this...

But I am not from Center Italy. My "main server" (?) is in Milan or more east...

And then it "pings" only this game!

RE: Critical Server Error - sindroms - 08-27-2016

Not exactly sure then. Depends on how the connection travels between you, your server and France.