Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Help Needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Admin Help Needed (/showthread.php?tid=142570)

Admin Help Needed - mrmojorisin - 08-27-2016

Yesterday i tried several times to connect to server and as soon i log in i got kicked out (eventually my account got banned from server which is ,thanks to great people who runs this server,now unbanned)...i thought that was because high ping or maybe server was full at the time,but it doesn't seem that's the problem,because same thing happened minutes ago.

So now i'm thinking that, somehow ,my character trigger anti-cheat system and i'm keep getting auto-kick. I must say that I HAVE NOT changed any of game files nor did any sort of cheating.Actually,i did not do anything,just came to server yesterday and this things keep happening prior to several weeks playing where everything was normal.

About information that maybe helps: My anti-virus Avira is down all the time I'm playing on server,so as my Firewall.
Any suggestions???Maybe to reinstall FL and Discovery ???

Thanks in advance.

RE: Admin Help Needed - evanz - 08-27-2016

Try these steps

1. Uninstall disco and freelancer and any other mods (some mods interfere with disco)

2. Go into your my documents and delete any saved folder that you see of freelancer/disco

3. Check your virus checker for any quarantined “dsace.dll” and remove it

4. Temporary disable “live” protection of your virus checker, and also whilst at it, make sure you don’t have an over protective firewall

5. Reinstall freelancer to default folders and then install disco to default folders
Eg mine is C:\Users\*your login*\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1

6. Go into your virus checker and tell it to allow that ENTIRE folder and all in it

7. Try disco before enabling virus checker

8. if it crashes after that and you have bloom enabled, disable it, by going into the freelancer folder, locating d3d8.dll and rename it to something else, eg d3d8.dllold, and then retry

That SHOULD work,

If that works, re enable your virus checker, if it still works, then it’s done and shouldn’t flare up again, if it now stops working, and your virus checker as re quarantined the dsace, then you have a naff virus checker

Uninstall it and get a different one that works

If you don’t have a virus check installed, even a basic free one for minimal protection is better than none!

RE: Admin Help Needed - St.Denis - 08-27-2016

I have just checked your Account, which I unbanned earlier, and there is nothing amiss at this end. Your Account hasn't been banned again.

It could be something wrong with your end.

RE: Admin Help Needed - mrmojorisin - 08-27-2016

I want to thank you guys,both evanz and St.Denis for your quick and efficient help,i did what you told me and now works fine again.

Also i received best regards for two of you from Captain MrMojoRisin and his crew(First Officer Ricky,his four years old son and Chief Engineer Sara,his 7 months old daughter) for tractoring their damaged freighter from vast regions of Pennsylvania System into the safety of planet Erie.

MrMojoRisin out!