Discovery Gaming Community
Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? (/showthread.php?tid=142657)

Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - EddyT - 08-30-2016

I'm a bit out of the loop, only recently returned....I was looking into the Liberty Rogue player faction situation...it seems as if the larger former one has disbanded. There does appear to be several Groups active....
In any event...it appears to be very easy now, using the restart command to set a character up as a "baby" Rogue, so to speak....in his light fighter..
This would be ideal for what I had in mind....the sort of young wannabe or crazy kid ( I am neither a kid nor very crazy anymore) that it'd be fun to play around with as an alt....the sort of stupid young guy you'd see getting blown away by the Liberty lawfuls (often with some amusing dialogue)...in NPC or SP campaign confrontations etc etc....
I would like him in a light Civilan craft... a Griffen say....but tricked out with rogue engines and weapons...(I think this would be permissible, where a border words ship might be problematic to explain?) to make him seem very much the wannabe Rogue....I would use one of the old school Rogue death trap LFs if they were still around...
I see him as most likely going down in flames (a lot!) with a "born to lose" tattoo on his chest.....All very easy to set up and I would try hard to stay within roleplay for him....like not using a Falchion or a Scimitar etc etc....
But I'm unsure as to what the situation would be with regard to player faction Rogues and interaction...I don't even know if you're allowed to just be a Rogue on your own type of thing...the character is very much like the "prospect" or "cannon fodder" level recruits that the Player factions list as the lowest level in their organisations...but of course he will never "grow up" and become a gunboat pirate or anything....that's not what he's for...he's very much just for "holding up gas stations with an rusty old gun"...getting into scrapes he most likely will regret deeply...very fast....
As I say, he could be set up very easily with the right IFF and ID etc etc....I'm just unsure if he'd be permissible...

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Pvt.Pirate - 08-30-2016

I'm not here for long yet, but as far as i see it, this would add a lot to the RP.
I hope others think the same.

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Cælumaresh - 08-30-2016

its perfectly safe to fly a Solo liberty rogue, no matter what equipment you give him
Ill dig up a link for you that will make it easier for you to find weapon/ship/ID combinations.

>>> http://lh.discoverygc.com/

go to counterfeit software, and use the 3 lower options in the list to calculate your ships compatibility with the chosen equipment

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Xenon - 08-30-2016

Some say that rogues should always be solos and never in group
They are untrustworthy enough to not be in groups .. but that is not the case here.
Enjoy the RP the way you like it as long as it's abiding server rules and fair gaming spirit Smile
Good luck

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Stoner_Steve - 08-30-2016

Think of the Rogues as a rather large gang under one banner, each sect, or station, has a different focus inRP. For instance, the Nivertion Rogues focus on the transportation of Slaves to Malta and Cardimine to Liberty, the "pockets of cash" of the rogues.

But no there is nothing preventing you from being on your own, if your lonely though every Rogue group would welcome new blood.

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - EddyT - 08-30-2016

This seems good....I think I might put him in a Jackal, after all.....they seem quite closely related to the older type Rogue ships.....
"Son...This here ship, it'll last you a lifetime...(its a deathtrap)"and all that...it'd suit him to be suckered into buying a clapped out rusty one....or ...you know, "acquiring" one from some Rogue base he'd been hanging around....
The main thing is...its ok for the character to exist as planned...the crazy wannabe...the hanger on in an entry level ship....a sort of player version of an NPC swarm member...perhaps it will become more fun to actually join up as a prospect with some group later on...but for now this is good news. thanks very much for the input folks.

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - HoakinBlackforge - 08-30-2016

By my experience, i recommend you to avoid going as a rogue around new york.

Really, they wont even try to rp just to kill you.

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - JorgeRyan - 08-30-2016

As far as I'm aware, playing an indie character for any faction is okay (except maybe the nomads?) So yeah this sounds like a great idea.

As mentioned before each group has its little focus on something piratey. Niverton smuggles, Alcatraz steals booze and Sirius Rogues are trying to unite and expand the influence of rogues.

Flying a bit with each faction sounds like a great chance for rp before choosing one to sign up for, if you ever choose to join one.

Also yeah NY and penny get quite well patrolled, so depending on how fast you want to get smacked down by the navy (bc I've barely seen the police while playing) you may or may not want to go there, but they still did rp before attacking so depends on who finds you I think

Tldr go for it

RE: Is a "solo" Liberty Rogue permitted? - Mickk - 08-31-2016

I can't see any reason why you can't be a solo Rouge, I've been doing something similar for years now.

I fly a Liberty Navy ship, but I'm not part of one of the 'regular' navy Faction out there, if it comes down to tin tacks, I'm just plain Navy and I mostly let people do as they please.....mostly. heh