Discovery Gaming Community
Little announcement: New Administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Little announcement: New Administrator (/showthread.php?tid=143168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Little announcement: New Administrator - Dimon - 09-12-2016

Almost everyone knowns that person and proud member of our Community, most of you have seen his videos, some of you have even raised on his vids. And as well most of you probably suspected it coming that way.

Please, welcome our new Administator of the Discovery Gaming Community - Spazzydragon a.k.a. @sindroms

There clearly are a lot of people who are a little concerned with the idea of bringing Sindroms onto the administration team. It's no secret that he has done some questionable things in the past, however there are a large multitude of different reasons, and considerations that was taken into account before coming to this decision.

First and foremost, I should address what moderators actually do. - When you're brought onto the moderation team, you do more than merely watch the forums for posts which break forum rules. You're also expected to comment on anything that requires input from the team. Sanction reports. SRP Requests. The whole deal. Their responses to these sections are used both as something to help the Administration process things quicker, but it allows us to get a feel on how the staff member works. How he/she thinks. It's an excellent way to observe how someone thinks.

Sindroms during his time as a Moderator has most certainly proved that he's not here in order to ruin people's fun. In fact, he's taken extra steps which moderators aren't required to do, in order to 'help' bring some more fun concepts to Discovery. The biggest of his contributions being events.

Events are time consuming to create and run. However without even being asked, he was someone who went out of his way to talk to the Administration one-on-one with suggestions on what can be improved. To create event ideas, only to work closely with someone to see that it actually gets done.

On top of having conversations merely regarding events, Sindroms has spoken to me personally quite often regarding the state of Discovery in general. - If I felt during any of these conversations that he was going to act malicious if he were to receive a promotion, he wouldn't be here right now.

In recognition of everything that he's been doing lately, Sindroms was not a bad choice in the slightest when the discussion of adding someone onto the team came up.

People can change. We recognize that. You guys should as well.

~KingBoo

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Shiki - 09-12-2016

Congrats.

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Kauket - 09-12-2016

HERE WE GO

WE DOIN IT

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Reid - 09-12-2016

gud job spuddo, don't mess it up

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - WesternPeregrine - 09-12-2016

Guess it was necessary for the organization of the events.

Keep up the positive trend as a Green, @sindroms.

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Inferno - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 03:00 PM)Auzari Wrote: [vid]

HERE WE GO

WE DOIN IT

For once I get the joke.

Welcome to Greenland Spazzy. Be sure to send postcards.

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Sombs - 09-12-2016

Time for small piracy!

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Operator - 09-12-2016

That was fast.

Welcome to your new team, Spazzy! Keep up an awesome work with the unstoppable events!

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Altejago - 09-12-2016

It amazes me that someone who produced YouTube videos on how to clone cap8's, used cheats/glitch hacks and at one point attempted to hold the server hostage gets greened no less than 24 months later. Truly aspiring and I wish to be like him one day.

RE: Little annoucement: New Administator - Enkidu - 09-12-2016

Keep up the events and keep being awesome.