Discovery Gaming Community
Unofficial Event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Unofficial Event (/showthread.php?tid=143792)

Pages: 1 2

Unofficial Event - Alpha_Wolf - 10-01-2016

Due to time issues and just not having the time to play anymore due to a new business, My son and I are going to strip our ships and get as much money for them as possible. Then have a server free for all and the winner takes our funds.

Ok here is the way it will happen.
1. In Con Saturday 10.08.2016 at 1:00 PM Pacific time or for the non US players UTC-0800 Pacific Time sharp.
2. It will be limited to 50 players only as I will have no Admin or Angel help as they are busy unless one volunteers .
3. But here is the twist.
A. Fighters Only
B. New player fighters only that you get when you start Disco.
C. They can only be equipped with the money provided on starter ships No additional money allowed (this makes it fair for non clan players)
D. Clan tags ok (for bragging rights LOL)
E. Once dead you can not rejoin you can come back out and watch but you have to stay by the base.
F. You can not land during the fight to re bot and batt or you will loose.
G. The last fighter standing will win it all

The payout will be anywhere from 2-5 billion depends on what I get after striping all ships etc. so make sure you have something that can take that kind of credits.

RE: Unofficial Event - Kalhmera - 10-01-2016

lol this will be interesting...

im in.

RE: Unofficial Event - BOB - 10-02-2016

I suspect this will descend int chaos unless it's managed some way, but I'll play.
Sounds fun, credits or not.

I have a question @Alpha_Wolf
Can we use /restart to get specific faction weapons?

For example:
"/restart fcjunker" would give the player junker weapons instead of the defaults you get when you start on Erie.

RE: Unofficial Event - Alpha_Wolf - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 10:51 AM)BOB Wrote: I suspect this will descend int chaos unless it's managed some way, but I'll play.
Sounds fun, credits or not.

I have a question @Alpha_Wolf
Can we use /restart to get specific faction weapons?

For example:
"/restart fcjunker" would give the player junker weapons instead of the defaults you get when you start on Erie.

Yes you can I mean this is an RP server heavy on faction but only what comes equipped on the ship and what money is on the ship due to the way I see it
.1. No clan money will be used etc. but if you are a junker do not create an outlaw tag for this if you get the drift

RE: Unofficial Event - Alpha_Wolf - 10-06-2016

Bump
If I do not get at least 20 players posting on this thread by 5:00PM Pacific standard time tomorrow then the event will be called off due to lack of interest and I will something else with the 2+ billion I have

RE: Unofficial Event - Light - 10-07-2016

It sounds fun, maybe you should just do it with whoever arrives, and make the pot MUCH MUCH smaller, like 50 million instead. Since the fighters are smaller with lower health, they might go down faster than you think, so maybe you could do multiple rounds. You could even make it into a team battle. Get creative with it.

As for the amount of players, I'm not sure how many are going to come, but try to make it worthwhile to those who DO come, and then they will trust you for events and come to the next one. Also let people join last second, as for many events this is what people have done.

RE: Unofficial Event - Durandal - 10-07-2016

If I'm awake, I'll be there.

RE: Unofficial Event - Alpha_Wolf - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 12:33 AM)~Light~ Wrote: It sounds fun, maybe you should just do it with whoever arrives, and make the pot MUCH MUCH smaller, like 50 million instead. Since the fighters are smaller with lower health, they might go down faster than you think, so maybe you could do multiple rounds. You could even make it into a team battle. Get creative with it.

As for the amount of players, I'm not sure how many are going to come, but try to make it worthwhile to those who DO come, and then they will trust you for events and come to the next one. Also let people join last second, as for many events this is what people have done.

Light I agree on a couple of points you made But as far as the size of the pot I am leaving the server due to RL this is a fun place to play but I just don't have the time anymore Sad so it will be winner takes all and yeas I agree that last minute players can join but I may just add a twist to it depending on how may show up

RE: Unofficial Event - Thunderer - 10-07-2016

This is at 21:00 UTC, right?

RE: Unofficial Event - Alpha_Wolf - 10-08-2016

That I am not sure of but if you can make it that would be great