Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers (/showthread.php?tid=143934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Le.Gérant - 10-09-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Le.Gérant.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CRk8fDf.png][Image: Deceiver.png]

Anger clouds the mind. Keep it like that and he will become careless.

I have caught up on the communication logs that Mr Tex Mex has left me with his life. From there, it was easy to tune in to the correct frequency and hack the encryption to the actual channel.

I can see you yourself are doing quite a number on the individual. I have a few more questions however.

BlackWood has mentionned that at the time of his death, Cory was in formation with you, was he not?

There was also mention of him crashing a Rogue Bulldog and about a ship called Soldiers.Fortune which I assume was another of his ship and how his ship kept moving after his death? Since you were apparently there, surely you can tell me more about this incident? Additionally, for BlackWood to know about all this, he or someone who works for him must have been in the vicinity. Shortly before the incident, can you remember anyone at all in the near Vicinity of the Negra?

Apologies for all these questions, I am pulling at strings hoping to find a link here in all this. The Lane Hackers have an extensive radar installation and intelligence network. All I need is for one little string to be the right one and from there, we can easily pull the whole curtain down to reveal what's hiding behind this whole scene.

Also, do you have any reason whatsoever to believe the individual might be aware of our involvement in the matter?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Typrop - 10-09-2016

<<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>>
<<<Ship Designation: Scrap Vulture>>>
<<<Encryption: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>

Not that I'm too aware of, or remember, when it comes to people in the vicinity of the Negra. I was rather... Out of it, though.
He's adept enough to punch through a ship's security systems and hijack comms as well as targeting systems, if that helps any.
For the record, a Bulldog's one of our Junker vessels, you may be thinking of the Bullmastiff transport, though.

If he is aware of our involvement, I won't be too terribly surprised. Guy's apparently good at punching through ship security protocols, hijacking turret control as well as comms, as displayed last evening.

The Soldiers.Fortune was Cory's trade vessel, which had counterfeit software register on external scans, despite him being incapable of finding it. This likely is Ari, prior to her hijacking the vessel's controls and leading me to her. As for the movement, this is something I am lost on. Though, if I had to wager, he's directly involved somehow.

<<<TRANSMISSION CLOSED>>>

...uploading.data...

So to recap, as of now, we only know of two (Now three) living persons to have interacted with this BlackWood individual directly or indirectly. You and Ari Kova.

Aditionally, I have just come across a transmission on the unlawful bounty network here.

The ship has been positively ID'd as Polly.Macaw. He is not a name unknown to me but mostly keeps to himself usually in the Taus and Sigma systems. As such I do not suspect his direct involvement with BlackWood but if a bounty has been paid out, there might be a chance to go see this Polly.Macaw fellow and maybe trace down where the electronic money transfer could have come from. What do you think?

<<<Ship Designation: ScrapVulture>>>
<<<Encryption: Already done.>>>

We actually tried that. Anonymous transfer, it seems.
I mean, unless you can figure this out, we got almost nothing in the way of loose ends, currently.
If he decides to pull any more public stunts like that, or put out any requests, I need you folks on it ASAP.
Seems the only way to actually get any info on this guy is to get directly involved, interacting with him.

<<<Encryption: Yep.>>>

Well, then. Our search just got hugely narrowed.
After consulting Polly directly, they have managed to pinpoint the vessel within the 'Proof of payment' image. It's a Coalition gunboat.
So that narrows our search to Rheinland and it's collective independent and border worlds.

One loose end, you said. We just got it.

...uploading.data...

Yes, perhaps it is time to get directly involved if we want to get to the bottom of this. What little I know of the individual's personality so far would lead me to assume that setting up a trap would be rather easy. While hard to get a hold of, the individual seems to be of a single-minded nature, if we were to bring Ari Kova to him in plain sight, he would likely lose sight of his surroundings and situation. What would a Coalition member have so specifically against the Junkers though? Now we know what we're up against though.

How many members could you field if we were to make an operation? I also hope that you understand Lane Hackers have a very busy agenda, me included as the Ambassador. While we have an extensive intel network that runs even out of Liberty, fielding Inner Circle members, especially outside of our zone of operation is quite costly and also very dangerous. Needless to say, I would expect certain compensation for an operation of this magnitude and so far from home.

Additionally, we are not allowed to leave the confines of our zone of operation unless we have the explicit approval of the Professorship and they would need very good reasons and very good incentives to allow us the permission. I hope you would have what it takes to sway the professorship's approval in the right direction.

<<<Encryption: Mmmhmmmm.>>>>

Apparently I need to clarify, since you have brought up concerns that put a wrench into the works.
If it's in your zone of operation, take it. Preferably with someone lower on the rungs of the ladder, if it's that costly. If not, then I'll figure it out from there. I paid you guys for intel work, and that's pretty much it. I don't necessarily require you to actively perform the tasks, just get an ear in.

I can't necessarily field anyone for this, seeing as we don't exactly have a strict hierarchy though, seeing as this is a gunboat we're dealing with, it shouldn't take much. Two Salvage Frigates can wipe any gunboat off a registry very quickly.

...uploading.data...

Understood.

Perhaps we should have made the terms of this service clearer but your initial payment does cover the full use of our intelligence network and our ears and eyes will be kept open for the duration that this individual flies free or until you deem our services to no longer be needed.

Additionally, if anything happens within our Zone of Operation, Lane Hackers will be fielded to provide any help you or the Junkers might need.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Typrop - 10-10-2016

<<<Ship Designation: ScrapFinch>>>
<<<Encryption: Click, she went. Click.>>>

She's dead. I failed.

Keep me posted regardless.

I'm not losing anyone else.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers - Le.Gérant - 10-10-2016

...uploading.data...

My condolences. Had the target been operating in Liberty, we likely would have caught him by now. Lane Hackers have little business outside of Liberty so we usually see little reason to field operatives so far out. Even with our extensive intel network, Rheinland is usually low priority.

Regardless, we stay on the lookout.

Might I also suggest to keep a low profile? I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to be caught so far from home alone and unless this happens in Liberty and surrounding systems, Lane Hackers cannot physically assist you either.

If you have any particular request of us that you believe would help your predicament, share them with me.