Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes (/showthread.php?tid=144214)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - sindroms - 10-14-2016

Good day, everyone.

As many of you have already pointed out, the faction activity announcements have fallen behind a fair bit. There are many contributing reasons for this, but only recently it has become clear that the most simplest fix is to use the recent forum migration and subsequent platform update to our advantage. To put it simply, the tracking, up until now, was a purely manual process. And it sounds just as problematic as actually was.

With the recent changes to the forum, we have also managed to implement a semi-automated system that will let us process these a lot faster for your and our own convenience. Both faster and at precise dates.

For the time being, these are the only changes that will affect the activity tracker:

• The activity tracker will be purged for past records of failed activity upkeeps. All groups will start off with a clean record. For the sake of simplicity, the old values regarding past months that are currently displayed in the tracker will remain un-reset.

• The new activity tracker will start with the next month's results. The values are saved on the last day of the month (31st of November) and will be then posted as a regular announcement in the next few days once they are processed by a team member.
    -NOTE: We are going to have a Windows migration soon, so there IS expected downtime somewhere in the near future, please do not try to cram the last few minutes of activity in the very last moment.

• Faction status report threads will be posted as well, but will remain as ''optional'' and will be more intended for factions to show off their progress to the community, not just the Team.

Please note that requirements in both terms of online time and minimum player count stay the same. There are no further plans to change this system for the nearby future.

Keep an eye on this post - things might get changed around a bit as we go through the migration process. Thank you for your patience, guys.

RE: Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - nOmnomnOm - 10-14-2016

so reports are now purely optional?

RE: Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - sindroms - 10-14-2016

The ones that you'd write up yourself - FOR THE TIME BEING, yes. However please feel free to use them if your faction is struggling and you need help from us.

I have heard people say that the admins did not look over the reports that were written before.
Is this true?
Do you have someone assigned now to read through these?

No one wants to write them and then have them be ignored. We leaders I think did not become convinced that these things had helped any of us in the past. How do you guys plan to change this?

I will be completely honest here, with the current amount of staff we have, we are physically unable to handle that part of the system. Again - just all of the previous changes, it was done in good faith. The problem is that at the time there were indeed dedicated people for the task.

Which is why, as you said - if we cannot guarantee that every single one is read and then reviewed and noted - we will not force you to do a task that you have no guarantee would benefit you. Unless you want to - the reports are always interesting to read for an outsider if they care to.

Use that free time to motivate your players to get ingame and have fun. Write them if you need help with something. Go and enjoy the game.

RE: Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - Thyrzul - 10-14-2016

(10-14-2016, 12:51 PM)sindroms Wrote: clean record

I think I've heard that one before. Or something very similar.

One more thing: what sort of help can the admins give in response to the reports that we post?
What are the admins willing to do?

Whatever we have the time for. I can offer you events to generate activity in the area. I can throw a few group leaders from a certain area of the map and help coordinate something interesting that would require something done server-side.

In other words - whatever we have the time and ability for.

Thank you . That will be all I would like to know.
Hope it goes well.

RE: Admin Notice: Incoming Activity Tracker changes - moebus - 10-14-2016

Hi, I like the idea of the report to summarize the activity of the faction (one reason is it can help to make new connections between factions ingame).
I am wondering if non-official factions could also post their activity report in the same thread?