Discovery Gaming Community
-> The Order Overwatch | Priority One - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: -> The Order Overwatch | Priority One (/showthread.php?tid=144252)

-> The Order Overwatch | Priority One - Garth Saris - 10-15-2016

[Image: jwGBAuN.png]

>[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]<

This is a Priority One message.

My name is Lieutenant Commander Curtis De'Rosario, First Officer assigned to the Reconnaissance Vessel Kebechet under Commander Garth Saris. Communications are currently restricted to Senior Staff, and not being monitored, thus I've got time to relay this message, but not much.

Over the past week, Commander Saris has had frequent encounters and contact with a group designated as enemies of humanity, identified as Auxesia. First contact occurred when an Auxesian Battlecruiser interfered with combat and provided support against several Mako-Class Battleships. When I initiated pursuit I was ordered to stand down and withdraw aggressive attempts on their vessel.

From there, Commander Saris began conducting several private talks with the Auxesians. On one occasion he had boarded their vessel for an extended period of time unarmed per his own request. When their talks were finished he called a meeting with me in the ready room to discuss the future of our operations, and - well, to put it bluntly, he's intending to collaborate with the enemy.

Because of my inability to make contact, I have resorted to doing what I can to delay any attempts he might make to work with them. During our launch for the Omegas, I altered the NaviComp and removed hazardous systems from the star charts, and modified our jump sequence to drop us in enemy territory. Prior to that, however, a prime motivator of his lack of faith seems to stem from an incident in which an Order craft fired upon the Kebechet during an interdiction of a Tokugawa-Class Battleship carrying alien materials. The craft refused hails and refused to stand down. Some of the crew believe this was an attempt on our lives.

Our current predicament is grim, as the ship is beginning to devolve in to anarchy, with people picking sides and weapons being locked down. The few people I've kept in contact with on board outside of the Senior Staff have been cooperative, and we are organizing a movement to retake the vessel and place Commander Saris under arrest. If we fail, I have wired a significant number of explosive devices in to the ships engineering bay, and will detonate them to prevent any further cooperation with the enemy.

Commander Saris is unaware of my stance as I have been publicly supporting his decisions, but I cannot in good conscience allow him to continue his service. Our fuel reserves are low and violence is just starting to break out.

If we fail, then it's been an honor to serve humanity outside of simple security.

- Lieutenant Commander Curtis De'Rosario