Discovery Gaming Community
To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall (/showthread.php?tid=144522)

To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Thunderer - 10-22-2016

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Very High
Priority: High
To: Captain of the Pride

Captain,

I have reasons to believe that you have skillfully managed to seize certain items that the ship in New London was carrying. It is your duty to deliver those items to the Realm. Use this channel to name the time when you are available to transfer them to the Armoury, at Winchester Station in Manchester. Mention neither the ship nor the items to anyone, even your family. Officially, this was a Gallic scouting party that we had mistaken for an all out invasion.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

RE: To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Antonio - 10-23-2016

Setting up Transmission
Subject: Items

Admiral Hall,

Daniel Wilshere here, XO of the Pride. We received your message, and have bad news.

The captain is currently missing. After I got the message I immediately went to see the captain, but he was nowhere to be found. We searched his room and saw his bags and everything else missing, which could only mean he abandoned us. I immediately informed the cargo crew to check if the items are still there, and sadly none of them are. We also found one of our men unconscious which even further confirms my doubts.

If only I could've found out about the message earlier, but the way it's currently set up is that I receive the messages from him if he doesn't respond to them in more than 2 hours. That's 2 hours of him planning his escape without anyone knowing it. The information we gathered so far about his escape are that he went towards Cambridge, probably seeking refuge in the Omegas. We'll let you know if we find out more, but unfortunately that's it for now.

Regards,
Daniel Wilshere

Sending Transmission
Closing Comms Channel

RE: To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Thunderer - 10-23-2016

To: Daniel Wilshere, HMS Pride XO

Executive Officer,

Confirm what the captain's name was and moore the Pride with Southampton at once. You and the crew will be rearranged to other and separate duties from then on. The ship will get a new crew. We must make sure that this or any other act of treason or corruption is severely, and thus justly, punished.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

RE: To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Antonio - 10-24-2016

Setting up Transmission
Subject: Items

Admiral,

Orders received. I can only express disappointment about the whole incident and me not reacting in time, we'll be coming to Southampton within the day. Captain's name is Matthew Harlow and from what we could gather he's hiding somewhere on the Freeport in Omega 3. Again, this is just a rumor but it's a good place to start.

I do have to ask one thing. Treason and corruption? Sir, we did everything we could in that situation. I don't think the crew is to blame, if anyone you can blame me for not reacting sooner. If you want, they will choose a new Captain and an Executive Officer, but don't punish those people who only acted in the best interests of Bretonia.

Regards,
Daniel Wilshere

Sending Transmission
Closing Comms Channel

RE: To: Captain of the Pride; From: Admiral Sir Hall - Thunderer - 10-24-2016

To: Daniel Wilshere, HMS Pride XO

Executive Officer,

My orders were clear. The crew is not going to be punished, only separated, in case there is a plot going on among them, of which you might not know. You will be given the duty of deck quartermaster aboard the Norfolk and a new captain will be chosen for the Pride. It was outrageous that something like that happened on a ship of ours, especially one with such a name.
Long live the Queen.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies