Discovery Gaming Community
to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature (/showthread.php?tid=144873)

to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Jack_Henderson - 11-01-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Prof. Maxwell Fox

¤ TARGET-ID: Allies of the IMG

¤ SUBJECT: R & D Cooperation

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is Professor Maxwell Fox, IMG Research & Development speaking in a matter of urgency, that's why I just send one message to all those that the IMG thinks of as allies and friends. This message is linked to the events that happened today - Tuesday, around 18:00 Mean Sirian Time, in Omicron Delta.

I would like to use this channel to collect everything we know on what happened and to share research material to get a better idea of what this threat is and how to avoid or counter it, if necessary.

The IMG vessels present near the Freeport registered a massive explosion shortly after jumping into Delta, followed by many secondary and tertiary explosions in the region of an abandoned research station. Details on the explosions are sketchy on the IMG side, however some witnesses at the Freeport claim that a "malfunctioning anomaly" or a "collapsing jumphole" created the detonation. Does anybody know anything more about it?

[Image: l9ML37S.jpg]

However, the interesting part is well-documented by the IMG convoy vessels: a misty alien creature, mostly without a definite shape, was moving around the Freeport in Delta.

Download: << Secure Data File - Alien Misty Creature >>
Download: << Secure Data File - Alien Misty Creature II >>

It could take solid form, but then "dissolve" into mist. Shots were passing through the mist, but could hit the solid form. Ships could "pass" the misty form, but when materialized, contact with the entity seems to destroy even the strongest of ships. IMG pilots did not see any weapons fire coming from the alien creature. Contact seemed to be enough to cause massive destruction.

[Image: 45cH6W8.jpg]

I suggest we collect everything we can and then conclude what happened and how to react to it.

Yours sincerely,

Professor Maxwell Fox
Research & Development
Independent Miners Guild

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Username removed - 11-01-2016

[Image: qpJd0MJ.png]

To: IMG, Wallace Emmeric, Aetius

Subject: R&D Cooperation

Encryption: Default

[Image: ejECf2e.png]

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am Ivan Norovich and as promised, I will share whatever information I have gathered on the Nomads in the hopes that we can work together towards a plan.

I am about to reveal a lot of information, so make yourselves comfortable.

Files with the information that I have gathered can be found here:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

The linked reports are view able for everyone with access to this channel, the rest of FL-ER reports are encrypted for FL-ER members only as per corporate privacy regulations.

Link to the report of the latest developments in Omicron Delta can be accessed here.

Text logs:

Code:
[17.08.2016 16:10:48] Captain: They are actually reasonable, if you really try to see things from their point of view.
[17.08.2016 16:11:22] Captain: However, it's like the Auxesians say. They are programmed to evolve into killing machines. Mostly.
[17.08.2016 16:11:35] Captain: You know the little morphlings?
[17.08.2016 16:11:56] [FL-ER]Sidhe: Which ones ye mean?
[17.08.2016 16:12:26] Captain: The little ones. Just them. You will noticed they never attack first, as long as they are in non-nomad space.
[17.08.2016 16:12:48] [FL-ER]Sidhe: Aye.
[17.08.2016 16:13:05] Captain: According to a nomad called Astarte, the morphlings get send into human space to learn how to hate.
[17.08.2016 16:13:26] Captain: It's not possible to permanently kill a nomad, as they are connected to what is called a 'mindshare'.
[17.08.2016 16:13:37] Captain: The nomads are highly psionical beings.
[17.08.2016 16:14:05] Captain: As long as they are connected, they will regrow, but they will keep the knowledge of their prior lives.
[17.08.2016 16:14:26] Captain: That's why it's useless to attack them in house space. It's counter-productive.
[17.08.2016 16:14:33] Captain: They will remember it.

Code:
[17.08.2016 16:16:09] Captain: By the way, you still didn't tell me about the objects.
[17.08.2016 16:16:46] [FL-ER]Sidhe: Well... to be fair. I want to find where exactly they can jump to. Where they can emerge. It might be a hidden jumphole, it might be just an anomaly.
[17.08.2016 16:17:26] [FL-ER]Sidhe: But I'm not comfortable knowin they can jump to house spaces all the way from iota and don't know where.
[17.08.2016 16:17:54] Captain: Well, you saw the gates. They will lead directly to the capital worlds. Close to them.
[17.08.2016 16:18:30] Captain: The nomads have the ability to create jump holes artificially. If you search long enough for it, you may will find a system that contains those jump holes that instantly transport you to the capital worlds.
[17.08.2016 16:19:37] [FL-ER]Sidhe: There's a lot of jump holes. how'd ya know the difference?
[17.08.2016 16:20:26] Captain: Oh, I'm sure you'd know if you found the system I mean. You will need to search for it. I'm afraid I can't give you hints about it, as I promised to not tell the way or more about it.
[17.08.2016 16:21:10] Captain: The system I'm speaking of is a place of pacifism. Not many people know about it. If you find it, don't do anything harming.
[17.08.2016 16:21:56] [FL-ER]Sidhe: Don't ye worry. I don't want to get dusted...
[17.08.2016 16:22:32] Captain: Good. However, those jump holes and the K'hara gates will lead to those capital systes.
[17.08.2016 16:23:06] Captain: It's to assume that they can create holes to other systems whenever they want and wherever they want.
[17.08.2016 16:23:23] [FL-ER]Sidhe: That's not really good news.
[17.08.2016 16:23:25] Captain: We can't do anything against it, I'm afraid.

Code:
[17.08.2016 16:24:33] Captain: Well, you don't need to fear them. Never show hostility to them. Then you're good.
[17.08.2016 16:25:40] Captain: They are like animals of prey. You need to keep that in mind.
[17.08.2016 16:25:56] Captain: Don't simply ignore them, but show them you're not their enemy.
[17.08.2016 16:26:08] Captain: And don't enter their territory.

It should be pretty obvious, but for the sake of safety I will mention it:

The information on this channel is -very- dangerous, therefore it is of out-most importance that it will be kept confidential, only between the parties involved.

No information from this channel is to go to outside parties, and no outside parties are to be given access to this channel without prior consent from General Aetius, myself or mister Wallace from FL-ER, and the responsible IMG party.

I am sharing this information for the sake of humanity, and in good faith that it will be used for the development of means to protect and/or fight the alien menace and that it will not be shared with other parties in exchange for profit.

[Image: h3HOjdf.png]

RE: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Kauket - 11-03-2016

[Image: yh1BhiB.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

FOR MINERS VIEW ONLY

Hello Miners.

We're aware of the specimen Destiny's Eye, which has appeared on numerous occassions before.

What we can tell you about this specimen is that it is mostly composed of telepathic energy and most likely uses Azurite as it's 'blood' per say - the gas particles, acting as kinetic energy. As for what powers it? Who knows. This is the speculation anyhow. The vessel is also known for opening up one-way anomalies, allowing hordes of Nomads to enter systems, it also uses it's powerful energies to illustrate what can be seen as communications or pure speech, most likely one of the Nomad's powerful Commanders or watchers - as the name suggests, an eye.

The ship itself is fast and not prone for convential damage, such as weapons, missiles, flak cannon or any type of disruptors, cruise or EM alike.

Usually, when the Eye's reinforcements are depleted - the minions from the anomaly - it will retreat on most occassions. Otherwise, alone, the Eye has not been seen using it's psychic powers to... 'destroy' ones mind. So far, it seems harmless alone, beyond being a bystander, or a harbinger of the future. As for it's intentions? I do not know, but as I've already stated, it may be purely a watcher or scout, as the previous encounters haven't seem to be so... aggressive - but rather conveying a threat from their species, which is where the messenger analogy originates from.

As for what you can do? Study. Don't look into it alone. Listen to what it may try to tell you, though do not take their word for heart, like you would for any stranger. Trying to disrupt it's energy composition will only anger it, or entice them to bring their friends.

Concerning the Anomaly, well, unfortunately, we were there when it was destabilising, which... well - destabilised. Thankfully most people got out of there. It was a horrific trap, where the Eye was waiting too. It was the punishment of our species greed.

PS: I apologise for the unsettling mask, I misplaced my old one.

Take care, Professor.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]

RE: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - sirlagsalot - 11-03-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
SOURCE: ████████
SUBJECT:
In just a moment, the word 'blah' will be repeated over and over again. If at some point you hear a number rather than the word 'blah', ignore it, it is not important.

[Image: Nvxio4t.png]

Greetings, professor.

Good news and bad news. I have managed to take some scans of that troublemaker. However, those are not as helpful as you may expect them to be when you try to analyze what you see.

First of all, the beast is really fast. I have tried to tail it several times during the mess - and it easily broke the distance even when i did that on cruise. Which means, it can move at speeds higher than 400 units per second. I would not know if it is its cruise or impulse speed, but... Do you know the saying? Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Secondly, scans show that it has... Actually, i am still unsure how it works. Maybe it had some kind of a belly and stored the Azurite inside. Maybe the Azurite in question was part of the gas-cloud-like thingy. Hell, maybe it even had some Azurite stuck to its skin. Given that it has any skin at all. Point is, there was some Azurite.
Thirdly, it is shielded as good as a gunboat. Even though my scans show that it only has mass of a light fighter. Then again, i would not trust my scans when it comes to its mass. I mean, the shielding system of a man made gunboat alone weighs as much as a man made light fighter.
Fourthly, it has... You know, i am not entirely sure about this one, too. Either some of the wrecks were pulled inside the gas cloud, or some of it stuck to beast's skin, or maybe it was something else... Nevertheless, my systems detected functional scanning equipment array of some weird kind, along with random fragments of what looked like hull plating.

I feel like we will meet the weirdo again, so it would be nice to see you sharing what you have. Keep us updated.

TRANSMISSION END

RE: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Jack_Henderson - 11-06-2016

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Prof. Maxwell Fox

¤ TARGET-ID: Allies of the IMG

¤ SUBJECT: R & D Cooperation

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Sir or Madam,

Maxwell Fox, IMG Research & Development again. Pretty amazing intel that came together here, material that leaves a lot to discuss and to investigate.

An interesting point - and a main focus in every attempt to categorize danger - is that Keeper Revenant (nice mask by the way; Rank 2 after the stage name Xi de Mortis, do you by any chance know each other? You'd make a great scientific lab couple) mentioned that it was not attacking and was not capable of destroying vessels.

Main Question: How sure are the witnesses about the "Eye's" capability to destroy even large warships in seconds?

Yours sincerely,

Professor Maxwell Fox
Research & Development
Independent Miners Guild

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

RE: to: Allies of IMG| -|- Topic: Sharing Knowledge - Delta Explosion & Misty Creature - Username removed - 11-07-2016

[Image: qpJd0MJ.png]

To: IMG, Wallace Emmeric, Aetius

Subject: R&D Cooperation

Encryption: Default

[Image: ejECf2e.png]

Mister Maxwell,

I was at the scene when this thing was destroying those warships, if someone happens to have the logs, you can see that I was not the only one who clearly saw it destroying large warships.

The fact that different persons saw the exact same thing, and the warships blowing up, makes me 100% certain that this creature does indeed have the ability to destroy large warships.

Whether it does so by flying through them, or there is something more at work, I am not sure, but that thing took out several large warships nonetheless.

Ivan Norovich out.

[Image: h3HOjdf.png]