Discovery Gaming Community
New Nomnom shippies. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New Nomnom shippies. (/showthread.php?tid=144920)

Pages: 1 2

New Nomnom shippies. - Epo - 11-03-2016

What's the progress in making them playable?

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Foxglove - 11-03-2016

The problem with the Ishtar, at least from what I noted when people spoke about it, is that balancing the artillery cannons is difficult. Either they are too good or too weak. Regarding the other ships that we can now see in the Nomad Worlds, I personally would like to hear the status on as well. Is it also balancing? The models et cetera seem to work fine for the NPCs, so it makes me doubt that there is much effort that would need to be put into making these available as playable ship. Or am I being too ignorant here?

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Alley - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 11:14 AM)King Epo Wrote: What's the progress in making them playable?

it's getting somewhere

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Epo - 11-03-2016

I'm not K'Hara member, all I care about is up to gunboat Smile

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Treewyrm - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 11:38 AM)Foxglove Wrote: The models et cetera seem to work fine for the NPCs, so it makes me doubt that there is much effort that would need to be put into making these available as playable ship. Or am I being too ignorant here?
You're not. For a few other mods it took about two or three days to put them into use. A little more than a year ago that was.

(11-03-2016, 11:39 AM)Alley Wrote: it's getting somewhere
Somewhen someone somedrops somedota something somethings. :wink:

p.s. don't forget there are also several turret models for each capital ship type, instead of those ugly hemisphere blobs some spikey stuff... now don't get any ideas.

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - eigos - 11-03-2016

I have seen the models and I am BAFFLED as to why they aren't put into .ini's yet. Yuri did such a good job and if it was up to me, I'd be already flying those things myself.

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Sombs - 11-03-2016

Right. I can't wait to have the new Nammu, and when Vagrants go official, the new Irra. Those models are awesome and I want to do dirty things with them.

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Mickk - 11-04-2016

If it's a balancing issue, then it could take a while.

While I'd be interested in going up against one of the new ships, it would be a royal pain in the butt if they were too powerful.

I mean, who wants to go toe to toe with any ship that is so powerful you have little/no chance of taking down by yourself, especially if it's you in a major House Cap ship vs an NPC enemy?

Not me, I'd be running for cover ASAP and yelling for help while doing so.

On the other hand, nobody gets any satisfaction from taking down a weak opponent.

Finding the point for those ships where they are neither too strong -or- too weak is what they are looking for and you can bet they will not be testing against just one class of ship either.

My Dread can be hard pressed by several LR Dessies or a swarm of fighters can do significant damage, so they need to check that as well for these new ships.

It's never as easy as people make it sound. Wink

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Sombs - 11-04-2016

(11-04-2016, 11:59 AM)Mickk Wrote: On the other hand, nobody gets any satisfaction from taking down a weak opponent.

There are enough people that share videos of how they insta'd an idling snub using a capital. ;3

RE: New Nomnom shippies. - Treewyrm - 11-04-2016

(11-04-2016, 11:59 AM)Mickk Wrote: If it's a balancing issue, then it could take a while.
Not really. Largely it's just number crunching, unless you're adamant to do everything manually it's just about setting up baseline values. Actually as I recall it we had those NPC tier tables, multipliers and did the numbers to make sets of those nomad NPCs and generate loadouts, ranging from weakest to toughest, like from what may pose a threat only to afk player to a foe you cannot take down alone. But I assume that data hadn't been used, it ain't enough to make those numbers and produce loadouts. As for why it would be a different story altogether. If I didn't know I would have said Discovery likes manual labor too much. Smile