Discovery Gaming Community
FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change (/showthread.php?tid=144972)

FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Remnant - 11-04-2016

Faction Right 2 has been reworded slightly in order to encapsulate a concern that has arisen regarding NPC factions having multiple Official Groups.

New Version Wrote:Faction Right 2. Official player factions have authority over players of the same NPC affiliation, as long as RP justification is provided. This authority applies in forums and in-game, and applies to player faction diplomacy, and strategic and tactical direction, however, exercise of that authority, on the forums and in game, is restricted to official faction members with the rank of the official faction leader and second in command(s) of the faction. The authority may be exercised through the use of in-game in-RP orders, which, if not obeyed, can result in in-game in-RP consequences (arrest, court martial, and even "lethal" force in extreme circumstances). Official player factions cannot, under any cicrumstances, require another player to follow non-canon RP if that player doesn't want to. In case of IDs with multiple official factions, this right can only be used if the faction leader of each make a unified decision to exercise it.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Garrett Jax - 11-04-2016

I've never liked multiple factions per ID for multiple reasons, the primary one being the inordinate amount of drama and tension that flares up between the factions that share an ID. The Faction Rights become an effective means for one faction to poke the other one by refusing to cooperate with each other. This change appears to be another opportunity for these factions to, at best, stalemate each other, and therefore, accomplish nothing with regard their FR.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Wildkins - 11-05-2016

(11-04-2016, 09:05 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: I've never liked multiple factions per ID for multiple reasons, the primary one being the inordinate amount of drama and tension that flares up between the factions that share an ID. The Faction Rights become an effective means for one faction to poke the other one by refusing to cooperate with each other. This change appears to be another opportunity for these factions to, at best, stalemate each other, and therefore, accomplish nothing with regard their FR.

The alternative was what we had before, which was that if we had two official factions working together on a single ID, they couldn't use FR2 at all. This became especially problematic in regards to factions like [LN] and 5th|, who have never really butted heads and have a pretty clear idea together on what constitutes a necessary use of FR2/FR5.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Petitioner - 11-05-2016

Thank god.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Arbs - 11-05-2016

Thanks.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Morosz - 11-05-2016

Yeey. Thanks

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - N-D2010 - 11-07-2016

Hello,

It means with the new version that people not keep themself on the rules they make, only a faction member can give punishment when orders not be follow. When people a example smuggle artifacts and stopped, an individual can't do anything because that is the job from the faction member. And not an individual who have a lawfull ID, this individual can do anything anymore because he is no faction member. Means that an individual will not protect anymore who have a Lawfull ID. Reporting cannot be done anymore becauase the one with an lawfull ID, and operation alone can do anything anymore because he is not a part of a faction. So means that an individual can't blow anyonne out of space RP or not, because you are an individual and no faction member. Awaiting your response.

Regard,
N-D2010

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - Skorak - 11-07-2016

You really didn't understand it at all. This is about factions commanding individuals not taking away any of an independent players rights.

RE: FR2 Rule - Minor wording change - N-D2010 - 11-07-2016

(11-07-2016, 10:59 AM)Skorak Wrote: You really didn't understand it at all. This is about factions commanding individuals not taking away any of an independent players rights.

Hello Skorak,

The way i read it yes i know you don't get away the right of a individual i understand that, but the interpetation that it will be a complete different situation for people who not is in a faction when to make a penalty become a different situation for a individual player when a faction member get someone who is smuggle artifacts as example and when heis not colloborate there will be sactions by engageing the person who do the smuggle the artifacts but can a individual giving sanctions without be punsih because he is not keep himself on the server rules and do instant kill and play by RP rules and someone don't wanna colloborate, how to solved this problem. Are the rules be the same when you are an faction member or an idividual and not is a member of an faction. It confuses me. meaby i must retire :-P

regards,
N-D2010.