Discovery Gaming Community
Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station (/showthread.php?tid=145331)

Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Enkidu - 11-14-2016

Commodities from Picardy to Provence sell predominantly to Amori station in Honshu.

It seems counterproductive (and it's definitely boring to traders) to be supplying a vast variety of commodities to just one sell point. It makes out-of-Gallia trade disinteresting.

If Kusari is an intended sellpoint, please move it around. It massively breaks immersion and fun to have the majority of Gallic commodities to head to one GMG base. We have all these cool commodities which, irritatingly, only go to one station. This is especially annoying for EFL players when EFL is cool-to-unfriendly with the GMG.

In addition, NOX is no longer sold on Monte Carlo freeport and Marseille. They should be. It makes it impossible for organisations repped as No Dock to the Corse to trade NOX. Monte Carlo and Marseille are barely lawful zones INRP, and Marseille is the site in which NOX is produced. They should sell.

If anybody has the skype of whoever is doing Gallia's economy, please send it my way.

Edit: I'm not denying the existence of the Rheinland sellpoints - only that Kusari sellpoints are overfocused on one station in Honshu. I had to actively search to find a commodity which wasn't selling there with the IDF restart.

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - St.Denis - 11-14-2016

I know for a fact, that a lot of the Gallic Commodities sell in Rheinland for a big profit.

Some sell quite well in Liberty/Bretonia, but Gallic Corporations don't have access to those Markets.

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Enkidu - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 12:40 PM)St.Denis Wrote: I know for a fact, that a lot of the Gallic Commodities sell in Rheinland for a big profit.

Some sell quite well in Liberty/Bretonia, but Gallic Corporations don't have access to those Markets.

Agreed. The problem is not the Rheinland sellpoints, but that most of the Kusari sellpoints are centred on Amori. If we need some sigma sellpoints, why not Okinawa or Sigma 19/17?

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Wildkins - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 12:11 PM)Achille Wrote: It seems counterproductive (and it's definitely boring to traders) to be supplying a vast variety of commodities to just one sell point. It makes out-of-Gallia trade disinteresting.

If Kusari is an intended sellpoint, please move it around. It massively breaks immersion and fun to have the majority of Gallic commodities to head to one GMG base. We have all these cool commodities which, irritatingly, only go to one station. This is especially annoying for EFL players when EFL is cool-to-unfriendly with the GMG.

it's probably not intentional but I can't say that for sure

(11-14-2016, 12:11 PM)Achille Wrote: In addition, NOX is no longer sold on Monte Carlo freeport and Marseille. They should be. It makes it impossible for organisations repped as No Dock to the Corse to trade NOX. Monte Carlo and Marseille are barely lawful zones INRP, and Marseille is the site in which NOX is produced. They should sell.

now that doesn't sound right, I think Monte Carlo's was removed for [input reason here] but I don't think Marseille's removal is intentional

but anyway to answer your question in a broader sense, gallic trading (in my opinion) has a lot more issues than just going to one base, and most of that has to do with Gallia's relative uselessness as a thing dangling off the side of Sirius that's hostile to almost everyone and has even now a somewhat sizable buffer between it and other content

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Omi - 11-14-2016

(03-12-2016, 01:55 PM)Xoria Wrote: It was removed from Marseille after learning that the GRN was transporting it in a brazen and shameless exploitation of their position as the legal authorities. It will not be returned to Marseille.

We used to have one guy, @Redon, back in 2013 who did Nox runs to Leeds on GRN|NSL- ships. @Xoria was apparently so upset to hear about this one man crusade against his perfect economy balance that he fixed the problem years after Redon had already left Disco and therefore stopped doing it (sun).

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Neptune - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 12:45 PM)Achille Wrote: If we need some sigma sellpoints, why not Okinawa or Sigma 19/17?

But you already have those sellpoints, especially in Sigma-19 & 17 with routes that originate even from IDF bases. For instance, off the top of my head, I think Passengers from Antibes (Provence) has one of its highest, if not the highest sellpoint in either of those two systems. There are a few other routes that originate in Picardy with high sellpoints ending in Sigmas & Kusari (Hokkaido & Kyushu). I'll have to look for specifics in my spreadsheet, but my point was that they are certainly there.

As for Monte Carlo Freeport, it mainly functions as an endpoint for many routes. It's a terrible starting point with all commodities priced over 1500+. I'm not sure why Nox was removed, perhaps it was to prevent lawful IDs from abusing some of the shorter routes (?). Not entirely sure. If anything its price on Monaco should be reduced slightly.

I think Gallic trading is fine for the most part, it could definitely use some rework here and there but it's not terrible either.

EDIT- Omicega beat me to it.

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Reid - 11-14-2016

Nox used to be an awesome commodity to trade back in .86, I was making almost 5K ore level profits in a cap8 GAT. But then Gallia got nerfed, that trade route got deleted, Nox made useless, and now Brigands only viable route is slaves/cardamine just like every other unlawful who's on good terms with the Outcasts. 10/10

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Shiki - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 03:24 PM)Reid Wrote: Brigands only viable route is slaves/cardamine just like every other unlawful who's on good terms with the Outcasts. 10/10

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKMDRuyhuoJNyHyLT1s_d...sjPlVEgrMn]

Checkmate.

RE: Needed Fix: 50% of Gallia's economy is based around Supplying Amori Station - Enkidu - 11-14-2016

(11-14-2016, 03:16 PM)Omicega Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 01:55 PM)Xoria Wrote: It was removed from Marseille after learning that the GRN was transporting it in a brazen and shameless exploitation of their position as the legal authorities. It will not be returned to Marseille.

We used to have one guy, @Redon, back in 2013 who did Nox runs to Leeds on GRN|NSL- ships. @Xoria was apparently so upset to hear about this one man crusade against his perfect economy balance that he fixed the problem years after Redon had already left Disco and therefore stopped doing it (sun).

Xoria should probably return that to normal. Doesn't seem fair for everyone to suffer because of the actions of one.