Discovery Gaming Community
Judas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Judas (/showthread.php?tid=145919)

Pages: 1 2 3

Judas - Thunderer - 12-02-2016

"You may come in, milady", the words of Admiral Hall echoed through the hollow corridor of metal as he smoothly opened the door of his quarters. They were significantly warmer than the corridor, but the air was fresher. Inside, there was a statue on each side of the door. The opposite wall was employed with holding shelves filled with books, and one could discern a harpsichord at the centre of the unfairly spacious chamber, slightly to the right. This contrast from the musty corridor indicated that this man had betrayed and been betraying his betters for more than thirty silver coins. Most of the treasure were, however, merely trophies confiscated from the burning wrecks of enemy ships, as Hall's memories of triumph, but one who thought the prior would still not be wrong.

He closed the door and locked it trice. His guest and him suddenly found themselves isolated from the rest of the world. A slight relaxation of formality could be felt in the room. "An ingenious disguise, milady. For a moment I feared that you would wear something more... Outcast, because it could make the men prone to wondering why is the old admiral bringing a young and beautiful lady in, and come to wrong conclusions. But this one is both subtle and charming indeed."

RE: Judas - Loyola - 12-03-2016

Loyola looked around, everything looked so typically Bretonian that it was even boring. She was not the fan of Bretonian style in general, probably except the style of holding the conversation. Even though she felt all it's ostentatious and dummy nature, it was just sounding good. She could not believe that people can be frank while talking like this. But Gauls seemed to be even worse, they were even more arrogant and hardly suffered from superiority complex. It was her first chance come on board of the Bretonian warship. She would like to have more of solemn ceremony, but it wasn't that bad after all.

She was not able to forgive indelicacy of the admiral. "It's sad to year that young and beautiful ladies are not visiting you often." She politely smiled and came closer to shelves with books to rate admiral's literature taste.

RE: Judas - Thunderer - 12-04-2016

"Some men among my crew still like to say that it is bad luck to have a woman aboard the ship, although women are conscripted too", he answered back while he was approaching the bookshelf. He quickly skimmed through the indexes, as if he was searching for something, and added:
"I'm sorry, I haven't offered you a drink. Or would you prefer if we moved on to work immediately?"

RE: Judas - Loyola - 12-04-2016

"I have a lot of time, admiral, but it depends on some other things. First of all if you have your evening free and if you are interested in my company." She kept searching for something row after the row. "But there is some other problem, I can't find any Maltese author in your library, please point me if there is the one at least." She complained.

RE: Judas - Thunderer - 12-05-2016

"No, regretfully there is not." Most of Hall's literature were copies of rare books from Earth. He was perfectly indifferent towards Earth, it is simply that those items were difficult to acquire. They were no more than status symbols; he hadn't even read most of them.

"Please take a seat", Hall said as he pointed at the antique armchair in the middle of the chamber and hurried towards a device that was built into a wall. The wall was painted with a fresco of the Ancient Egyptian god Osiris, and the device was in the corner right behind him. It had a small keyboard, on which he typed out some numbers. In an instant, the device ejected a cup of some liquid substance that was exuding thin vapour. He pulled out a tiny, grey bag out of his pocket and poured a bit of the powdery substance it contained into the cup, clearly in Loyola's sight, not even trying to hide it. He took another cup for himself.
"Time is not a problem. Please try this, you won't be disappointed." He handed her the porcelain cup on a small porcelain plate, along with a stylized silver spoon and a little piece of cookie.

RE: Judas - Loyola - 12-07-2016

Enma did not read much either, but she still have prefered Maltese literature over foreign. She was somehow far from being a patriot at this point. Loyola actually like some specific style of Maltese artworks and always noticed a lack of those in most of foreign. Of course there were some talented artists outside Malta, even Enma had to admit it. But she always saw them as an exceptions so it did not reflect her point of view here.

Outcast just watched him doing things, it was hard to tell if it was funny or sad sight. She did not sip it yet and was just looking at him. " I hope you are not working for the Order, senor Hall? ". It was hard to notify if it was a serious question or not, Loyola's expression was mixed, fully reflexing a bit of her inner confusion.

RE: Judas - Thunderer - 12-08-2016

Hall's eyebrows shriveled into a question mark for a moment, but then scattered as he suddenly inhaled an elucidation. "Oh!" He thrust a hand into his pocket. "No, no...", he politely shook his head, appearing to be slightly offended, "don't worry, I'm not... attempting to poison you!" Although he was saying the truth this time, it was as if poisoning didn't count among his ways. "Please smell it." He offered her the tiny, grey bag that contained the powder. Its traces on the tear were orange. It smelled familiar.

RE: Judas - Loyola - 12-09-2016

Outcast took a short breath of it. "This is a good, but not the best sort of Cardamine. If you want something that is really good, I can provide it in a quite large amount." Enma said with a smile. "What I meant is this image of Osiris, usually such aesthetic conpects are fimilar to the organization that I've mentioned. Nothing special of crouse, but it's not so popular outside of the Order, hance I've asked. But your resction is speaking for itself."

She have finaly took some sip of drink that Hall have made for her.

RE: Judas - Thunderer - 12-09-2016

He poured a bit of cardamine into his own tea and stirred it with a spoon. "All I have ever had to do with the Order involved mortar fire", his smug smile uttered. He took a sip. "But they have managed to preserve some rather exotic art. This was peeled off from an Osiris-class I destroyed long ago. Apparently he is the god of death. It is not a fresco, it is a mirror. It is I who decides about the life or death of Bretonia's enemies in this region. And this", he lifts the sack of cardamine, "is his crap." The tea machine, which also had cardamine at its disposal, was behind the fresco intentionally. He grinned eccentrically at the contrast indicated by the odorous stain on his vocabulary. "It is, actually, poison that we are drinking, but it is of godly kind!" He almost smiled sincerely as he settled down on the harpsichord chair opposite of Loyola. "Yes, it's, crap", the conversation dropped from the artistic heavens into the mud of reality, "as both of us admitted. I could use some of better quality..." He took another sip. "If it will not influence the price of what you are here for, of course?"

Hall didn't, in fact, use cardamine any more. One of the reasons why he moved his headquarters from the Ark Royal in Newcastle to the Norfolk in Cambridge was the discovery of Stabiline by Cryer, who ran the Cambridge Research Station. Showing that he was a cardamine addict was merely a trick that was supposed to earn Loyola's confidence, and perhaps have a positive influence on the bargain. Mentioning Stabiline during this conversation was a strict taboo.
The purpose of his last sentence was to move on to business rather than ask for better cardamine.

RE: Judas - Loyola - 12-10-2016

Loyola slowly started to like Bretonian tea, but she still couldn't understand how and why Bretonians are literaly adicted to it. It wasn't so important, but Brenoans have proposed to drink it on literally every meeting and it was becoming annoying. It's not like they did propose you a lot of options. It was literally 'this evening you are drinking tea and the next evening you are drinking tea'. It's not just this, whole Bretonia was covered with those 'traditions' and same things were repeating each other day after day. Even newsсasts, every day Bretonians are winning all wars, just one week more and they will finally reach the turning point. They've reporting it for years and people are still tend to believe it, ridiculous.

"Price will be higher, yes. But Loyola is not one of those families who are dealing Cardamine, I can just give you a contacts of the right people. I'd not be able to use your sort for long, it's not the most budget category, but I assume you never tasted real Cardamine. It will make you live longer and actually stimulate your aging body. I'm not even going to mention that it brings a lot more pleasure. Cardamine is a choice of a wise people, I mean if it's a real choice, not just addiction."