Discovery Gaming Community
TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. (/showthread.php?tid=146362)

TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - conmann35 - 12-17-2016

[Image: Ir4XPiW.png]

Transmission Entrant.

FROM: Everett Fontaine, Vice président, Ile-de-France Livraison.
SUBJECT: Establishing contact with major powers on Crete.
TO: The "Custodi" and any other major Cretan organizations.

Bonjour to whomever this message may reach.

I am Everett Fontaine, vice president of Ile-de-France Livraison and I am contacting you in reference to recent communiques between your people and the Royal Navy. It is to my understanding that you wish to open up trading relations with the Crown. We at IDF have been requested to proceed with negotiations.

However, our corporation knows little of you and who you represent. Our expeditions into the Omicron sectors are few, far between and short lived due to the hostile nature of that space. Indeed any such major expeditions barring one would precede my involvement in this company. I won't bore you with such semantics, however.

If you are no friend of the Crown's enemies, then you are an opportunity to fuel the Crown with the resources it needs, and I hope you will be amicable to such a venture. To that end I ask you what the people of Crete can offer Gallia, and what investments Ile-de-France Livraison must make in order to secure these resources.

Apparently we have some common ground already. I, the president and the board of directors at IDF look forward to hearing your response.

TRANSMISSION TERMINÉE.

RE: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - conmann35 - 12-19-2016

===TRANSMISSION FAILURE===

Realigning broadcast systems and retransmitting on priority frequency.

RE: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - Ihtyander - 12-19-2016

*** Padre look on open comms couriously ***

Hmm, transmission from Gallia for Custodians... again same link... It seems they are either busy or from any reason not present... what could those Gallians offer to us in any way...

*** Suddenly, an idea emerges in Padres head ***

... Hmm, why should i bother if... hmmm... why not? Might be an idea... If they dont like, Custodians will deal anyway...

--- opening link ----

Bon Soir Gentlemen, it seems that our Custodi relatives misplaced this call for now, I am sure they will contact You soon. In the meantime, allow me to introduce. Padre Francisko Loyola from Brotherhood, a diplomat.

I wonder how can we benefit from one another if positioned in most distant corners of Sirius with our enemies in the middle of it. As this call is of economic nature, i think major obstacle in any kind of trade relations is lack of `middle` man. In Kusari it could be Samura or even Hogosha syndycate. Trading through Bretonia is something probably not worth of such risk. BUT, i have one intersting proposal.
As you conquered Leeds system and Planet Leeds itself, there are still Bretonian citizens on surface, not to mention resistance movement. In same times many refugees want to repatriate in different parts of Sirius. We, on Crete are devoted to old traditions, for good or bad not a subject. One tradition is that our families favour boy kids over girl. It is against Lord`s will , but those traditions are hard to eradicate. In short, we are lack of women or brides here. Although Hermanos thinks no better girls than Cretan, as i priest i am to look that my flock has been satisfied and there should be wifes for all. So, I Wondered, maybe, just maybe IDF could bring us a little fresh blood, we would take women, kids too, and from men some capable experts as refugees to Crete.
Technically, you would do good thing, as those people would be greeted here i believe very nice, especially Ladies. We will feed and raise orphan children too, and capable males will be employed properly. We get what we need, and you get less Bretonians on Leeds. And less Bretonians, mean easier governing of your newly acquired territory. Not much, one convoy should be sufficient. IF those ladies get acustomed to our ways, maybe we vall for some more. If not. Well, we shall bring them back! ***laughs***

I might arrange (cant guarantee) your free passage through Dublin system to Gran Canaria and further. I doubt Bretonian would shoot Gallic convoy carrying Bretonian citizens.

This is more politicall matter. You might reconsider it and answer separately if you find it usefull. In the meantime i will look to Custodi to reply their initiall offer.

Padre out ***

RE: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - Cardinal - 12-19-2016

[Image: stathi.png]

Kyrios Fontaine,

Kalhmera. I am Athena Stathi, a member of the Custodi. You are correct in that we wish to open trading relations between the Crown and the Custodi. So far we are not friends with any enemies of the Crown. We are even currently at war with the Bretonian imbeciles over in Eastern Sirius. So far the talks between the Custodi and the Royal Navy are going well, and we are currently working on supplying them with information about the systems of Omega-5, Omega-3, Cambridge, and New London. I suspect they'll be in not too long after our communications here with you. I'm sure the Crown will find it very useful.

As for your concern about who we are specifically. You already know that we are the Custodi, that's good. To avoid long and dull reiterations, I will just sling a quote from our General, Icarus Augustopolos. If you require a longer and more detailed explanation, please look here.

(12-06-2016, 06:56 PM)Ίκαρος Αυγουστόπουλος Wrote: The Custodi are indeed a minority among the Corsairs. We make up only about eighteen millions of the roughly half a billion of Cretan population. However small we may be, our people are the primary food providers of the Corsair people and as such Custodi are very much self-governing and influential on Crete.

While our stellar force is relatively small, our pilots are skilful and overall one of the best fighter pilots in the Omicrons. Gallia is a powerful entity and a friendly relationship with the Crown has potential benefits to both of our groups.

Now, according to Icarus, the Corsair Empire and the IDF have had previous relations that were before our time, in relation to your saying we have common grounds. We deem it important to strengthen those ties as we are at a current lack of vital commodities. We have many items here on Crete with which you can purchase in return for those supplies we need.

Currently the supplies on Crete that we hold go as follows.

Planet Creet Stocking Databases Wrote:Water
Vacationers
Side Arms
Rum
Oxygen
Marines
Gin
Food Rations
Artifacts

I have talked with the other Custodians and we agree on that what we currently need is real food, fertilizer, and potentially aluminum ore, even Xeno Relics if possible, though I doubt it. In return, perhaps something on our Crete list could interest you.

Sincerely,
Αθηνά Στάθη
Athena Stathi

RE: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - Cardinal - 12-21-2016

Repeating last message sent.

RE: TO: The "Custodi", other major Corsair groups FROM: Ile-De-France Shipping, S.A. - conmann35 - 12-21-2016

[Image: Ir4XPiW.png]

Transmission Entrant.

FROM: Everett Fontaine, Vice président, Ile-de-France Livraison.
SUBJECT: Proceeding with business.
TO: Athena Stathi, Custodi

Bonjour, madame Stathi.

I see we have even more in common than I had first anticipated. I'm no soldier but I'm certain the Navy can make use of the information. Some of our furthest nominal interests in IDF extend into some of these areas as well.

As for expanding our business concerns to Crete, we believe such an arrangement is feasible for us to make that will suitably enrich the Crown. The especially long distance is a slight concern but one we can easily handle. A more serious concern however has arisen. We have performed pervasive correlations between current Gallic market trends and our records on Cretan offerings. We find little that both markets synergize in terms of commodities, most profitable options being highly perishable foodstuffs or mineral resources which you have not specified.

No doubt we will both have to coordinate logistics and earmark finances to make this venture profitable for both the Crown and Crete. We will prepare our transport fleet and shipping platforms accordingly, whilst your people should make the necessary arrangements on Crete.

Should you have any further insight, we are open to it.

TRANSMISSION TERMINÉE.