Discovery Gaming Community
An extreme decision - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: An extreme decision (/showthread.php?tid=146480)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: An extreme decision - flimp101 - 12-23-2016

any estimation when the server will be back up? i understand y it down but it still sucks....

RE: An extreme decision - flimp101 - 12-23-2016

sorry i didnt see the post above mine

RE: An extreme decision - ronillon - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:00 PM)Malacore Wrote: **sometext** Lastly does the token have a time limit to it, similar to your characters on the account will it be nullified if it hasn't been used for 30 days? **somemoretext**

Good question. That leads me to:

Will there be a way to invalidate the token? In case that it has been stolen or something? It would be great to have an option to invalidate your own token (instantly, via forum) and get a new one instead (could be also automaticly generated at the moment of invalidation of the previous one).

RE: An extreme decision - Laura C. - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:18 PM)Xenon Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 08:37 PM)Alley Wrote: I think there's just going to be the initial week that will be very busy or almost dedicated to tokenization. For most names the reply should come within five minutes or so as we already know you are an established member. Once we get past that initial wave, it should be easy to manage.

I hope it will be like that and won't extend to become a major problem on discovery in the coming days.
Also, we need something from you @Alley please. We want to know any ETA for the server because we are blind here knowing nothing about the return time
It's also holidays here and i ll go to work again after tomorrow, so can you please tell us when the server will be back ?

Even a range of time that can be +1 or -1 days please
Thanks in advance.

It is written in the OP
(12-23-2016, 01:19 PM)Alley Wrote: Therefore, I've began steps to implement this extreme measure. (it will however take some time, but I will try to have it all done this weekend so you can find an enjoyable server as a christmas gift)

(12-23-2016, 09:21 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 09:00 PM)Malacore Wrote: **sometext** Lastly does the token have a time limit to it, similar to your characters on the account will it be nullified if it hasn't been used for 30 days? **somemoretext**

Will there be a way to invalidate the token? In case that it has been stolen or something? It would be great to have an option to invalidate your own token (instantly, via forum) and get a new one instead (could be also automaticly generated at the moment of invalidation of the previous one).
Why would you need to invalidate your token? Also I don´t think your token can be stolen in some easy way. And if you will share it with anyone and it will be then used by hackers, than it´s your fault and you will suffer consequences
(12-23-2016, 01:19 PM)Alley Wrote: A thread will be created where you will have to post with some details about you and your authentication token will be sent to you by an admin via PM. Sharing your authentication token is absolutely forbidden, if it is revoked for cheating because you shared it with a cheater, you will not be allowed back into the game.

RE: An extreme decision - Xenon - 12-23-2016

Thanks @Laura C. but i was looking for more specific date
My holiday ends in 1 and half days Sad ... i wanted to do lots of things (RP) during that time.
That's all , cheers

RE: An extreme decision - Laura C. - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:24 PM)Xenon Wrote: Thanks @Laura C. but i was looking for more specific date
My holiday ends in 1 and half days Sad ... i wanted to do lots of things (RP) during that time.
That's all , cheers
It´s Friday and Alley said she will try to make it done this weekend, what means either Saturday or Sunday it should be done. That´s specific quite a lot unless you expect to get specific hour what I doubt is possible. Not to mention it can be delayed if things will get complicatd for some reason. And also, Alley and staff in general invest more than enough time already, nobody can expect them to work around the clock to fix Disco during Christmas holidays.

RE: An extreme decision - Alley - 12-23-2016

There isn't really any ETA. These things, they take time.

RE: An extreme decision - Black Widow - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:24 PM)Xenon Wrote: Thanks @Laura C. but i was looking for more specific date
That's all , cheers

There are more important things at hand than getting you back on air. Be patient and grateful someone is actually working on your behalf to secure the server and your gaming future. Your RP work is irrelevant at this point.

Well done @Alley keep hammering forward!!

RE: An extreme decision - Jayce - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:36 PM)Black Widow Wrote:
That's all , cheers

There are more important things at hand than getting you back on air. Be patient and grateful someone is actually working on your behalf to secure the server and your gaming future. Your RP work is irrelevant at this point.

Well done @Alley keep hammering forward!!

[Image: thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg]

RE: An extreme decision - ronillon - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 09:21 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 09:21 PM)ronillon Wrote:

Why would you need to invalidate your token? Also I don´t think your token can be stolen in some easy way. And if you will share it with anyone and it will be then used by hackers, than it´s your fault and you will suffer consequences

In every case where a password is necessary, there also has to be a way to change that password in case you become even suspitious, that it has been compromised. Since the token is pretty much a password, i think the same logic should be aplied.

How it can be stolen? It could be intercepted while it is transmitted to the server. It will probably be stored somewhere in the PC, probably in the launcher folder, so if someone hacks your PC. Shared computers... I admit, chances are low, but not low enough.

This is meant to make you 100% safe, instead of worrying, whether you might face consequences or not.