Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Right 4 Small Change - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Faction Right 4 Small Change (/showthread.php?tid=146692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Faction Right 4 Small Change - Hannibal - 01-02-2017

Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit.

To:

Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit as long as it does not severely limit any other factions' activities in their own ZoI beyond any sense and/or provide utterly unfair protection to the faction from otherwise logical roleplay consequences.

This change is a result of having to see factions who took advantage of this rule in order to set events in "awkward places" such as capital system while being able to deny participation of house lawfuls, this and other awkward situations generated by it will no longer take place from now on.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Backo - 01-02-2017

Does that mean that now nobody is free from @Wesker 's RHA? (sun)

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Hannibal - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 10:41 AM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Does that mean that now nobody is free from @Wesker 's RHA? (sun)

Except those who don't play in Rheinland (sun)

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Zelot - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 10:47 AM)Hannibal Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:41 AM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: Does that mean that now nobody is free from @Wesker 's RHA? (sun)

Or the Omegas, or the Omicrons.

But really I think this is a bad call. It will open the door to people griefing events set up by factions. Maybe instead put something in for capital systems or something like that, but removing factions ability to control who participates in events is a really bad idea, especially considering how little time it takes to set up a fleet of ships with restart and givecash. I could get 5 guys together and have a wing of any faction within an hour. This gives no power to factions to maintain the integrity of planned events.

Edit: the rule is also overly vague and will make sure that almost every event ends up on the admins desk because people's ideas of what are reasonable and unreasonable are very different.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Laura C. - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 11:53 AM)Zelot Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:47 AM)Hannibal Wrote:

Or the Omegas, or the Omicrons.

But really I think this is a bad call. It will open the door to people griefing events set up by factions. Maybe instead put something in for capital systems or something like that, but removing factions ability to control who participates in events is a really bad idea, especially considering how little time it takes to set up a fleet of ships with restart and givecash. I could get 5 guys together and have a wing of any faction within an hour. This gives no power to factions to maintain the integrity of planned events.

Edit: the rule is also overly vague and will make sure that almost every event ends up on the admins desk because people's ideas of what are reasonable and unreasonable are very different.
I understand the new wording just as a new tool for admins which will serve as justification to cancel or change official faction´s event if it´s unreasonable. The event itself will still stay protected, because it is not up to players to decide what is or isn´t reasonable (it would be way too unwise to let this on Disco community), but up to admins. Now if someone will complain/report some event, they finally have tool to act because before they could not technically.

Maybe some green could confirm if that´s correct interpretation?

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - nOmnomnOm - 01-02-2017

The key to this is to make it 'fair' for everyone.
That being said, if I start getting greifed in my race events then there will be some complaining you will hear from me.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Hannibal - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 02:46 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: The key to this is to make it 'fair' for everyone.
That being said, if I start getting greifed in my race events then there will be some complaining you will hear from me.

Considering you've been part of the problem(though not the only one) I've been looking forward to dismiss read your complains Angel

@Laura C. pretty much..

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - nOmnomnOm - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 03:24 PM)Hannibal Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 02:46 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: The key to this is to make it 'fair' for everyone.

Considering you've been part of the problem(though not the only one) I've been looking forward to dismiss read your complains Angel

@Laura C. pretty much..

Yeah I can see how dismissive attentive admins are when they ignore pay attention to my events and how they managed to work out. Angel

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - sindroms - 01-02-2017

Enough with the sniping, both of you.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Zelot - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 03:24 PM)Hannibal Wrote:

@Laura C. pretty much..

So if I understand both of you, what you are saying is, this doesn't give players the right to jump into an event of they feel it's in rp for them to do it and in thier ZOI, even if the faction hosting the event doesn't want them to. Only it gives the admins the power to change an event before it happens to stop it from being in a situation where others would feel the need to get involved?