Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Right 4 Small Change - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Faction Right 4 Small Change (/showthread.php?tid=146692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Zelot - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 02:46 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: The key to this is to make it 'fair' for everyone.
That being said, if I start getting greifed in my race events then there will be some complaining you will hear from me.

Of course I/people will go after your race event if it goes into thier ZOI. Why wouldn't they? You have no right to protect your event anymore.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Danny-boy - 01-02-2017

"Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit."

to:

"Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit as long as it does not severely limit any other factions' activities in their own ZoI beyond any sense and/or provide utterly unfair protection to the faction from otherwise logical roleplay consequences."

Seems overly-wordy, the whole re-writing the rules thing was supposed to make everything simpler.

Also not sure how I feel about eroding the few powers that official factions have considering the amount of energy that goes into managing them.

In addition phrases such as: 'severely', 'beyond any sense' and 'utterly unfair' are very subjective and 2 people may have differing views on what exactly matches this criteria. Therefore wouldn't a simpler rule change be:

Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit (subject to alteration by administrators).

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Durandal - 01-02-2017

I do not think this is something you want open to debate and interpretation. Really, how many factions were actually causing problems this way?

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Thyrzul - 01-03-2017

(01-02-2017, 11:53 PM)Durandal Wrote: Really, how many factions were actually causing problems this way?

Let one case slip past changing nothing and the set precedent will be used as justification of any future attempt to have events on hostile territory unharmed.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - nOmnomnOm - 01-03-2017

(01-02-2017, 11:53 PM)Durandal Wrote: I do not think this is something you want open to debate and interpretation. Really, how many factions were actually causing problems this way?

unarmored arrows with no guns are dangerous, guys. It is utterly unfair

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Kauket - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 01:06 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 11:53 PM)Durandal Wrote: I do not think this is something you want open to debate and interpretation. Really, how many factions were actually causing problems this way?

racing past your enemies capital homeworld without allowing them to even exist around it for the sake of your event without any background consideration is pretty stupid and you know it.

it's the same effect as getting an LR event up, and disallowing any lib lawfuls to come just so they can race around Manhattan or have something ridiculous like a 'piracy' event but restricting all lawfuls lmao

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Foxglove - 01-03-2017

Can we please address the actual issue, which is that Zoners should not have caps and that they should be deleted, which is the change itself?

Like with the change to 4.4, which has at least been debated at some point, it is good to see the aspect of common sense being added into the mix. I support the idea of not using the FRs as shields to avoid RP consequences. I mean, I could declare an official NC Cardamine smuggling event through Coronado and Liberty and protect it with that FR? The mere idea is ludicrous. The change is simply to prevent these kinds of shenanigans and not to prevent unarmored arrows from committing genocide.

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - nOmnomnOm - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 01:22 AM)Auzari Wrote:

racing past your enemies capital homeworld without allowing them to even exist around it for the sake of your event without any background consideration is pretty stupid and you know it.

it's the same effect as getting an LR event up, and disallowing any lib lawfuls to come just so they can race around Manhattan or have something ridiculous like a 'piracy' event but restricting all lawfuls lmao

disagree Smile
gankging up on an event is pretty stupid and you know it too.

Also non of my events turned out to be like you described so basically your post is cancer

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Omi - 01-03-2017

I always wondered how far FR4 extended. I guess my question as to whether or not people would be able to host a race or something in Ile-de-France and forbid GRN from coming at all is finally answered. (sun)

RE: Faction Right 4 Small Change - Typrop - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 01:32 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 01:22 AM)Auzari Wrote:

disagree Smile
gankging up on an event is pretty stupid and you know it too.

Also non of my events turned out to be like you described so basically your post is cancer
You do realize this is to close a loophole in the rules, rather than just being restrictive for no reason, yes?

As an example, Corsairs could be holding a smuggling event through to New York, and could FR4 RHA from interfering. This is despite the fact that RHA is their main competition in Rheinland, and the most straightforward path to New York, is through Rheinland. This means that all they need to do is fly within criminal-popular zones, and are practically impervious to any real troubles, like, say, piracy and potential jump hole blockades.

I'd also like to point out that turning events into a gank-fest where one side is immensely well-bolstered with allies, is a whole lot less scummy than using the rules as a shield in order to prevent things from going not quite as planned.