Discovery Gaming Community
Hey there - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hey there (/showthread.php?tid=147050)

Pages: 1 2

Hey there - Byron - 01-14-2017

Hey there!

First, let me introduce myself: My name is LordByron, and I’m new to Discovery. Freelancer has been a long time favorite of mine since I was a kid. A few weeks ago I rediscovered it via Discovery (makes sense ;D) and thought: why not give it a try? And it hasn’t been a disappointment!

Thus far, I’ve made quite some money with my trader, but unfortunately wasn’t able to roleplay a lot (which I would totally like to, since I’ve been a Pen&Paper Roleplayer for quite a while already, so I really love it). I also like PvPing, even though I’m horrible at it.

Unfortunately I’m completely new to big communities like these, so if you got any tips for newbies like me on how to get started and involved here, please just throw them at me.

Also, I’ve already thought about joining a faction (ideally a newcomer friendly one) , but have hesitated a bit because my English – at least my spoken one – is considerably broken in my opinion (I’m German, and my English teachers have been very mediocre to say the least – don’t know how much of a problem this is going to be).

Anyways, this was my introduction, and I hope to see ya around on the server (just look for a certain Diego Lampard, that’s my main character at the moment)

Cheers!

RE: Hey there - evanz - 01-14-2017

Greetings

good to see you

i think you will find, getting in touch with the IMG| would be very good for you (the boss is German and a damn good leader)

safe flights out there

RE: Hey there - kenshin156 - 01-14-2017

Greetings, new friend. Another german in the community. Lovely.
From what you wrote here, your english seems fine. Talking english is encouraged, when in Teamspeak for PvP, but not necessary.

I agree, visiting IMG might be a good idea, although simply flying around to get to know all the factions on a Freelancer or Zoner is probably a good idea.
And if you find a faction you're interested in, see if you can join it with that character, or make a new one specifically for that.

Either way, welcome to the bunch

RE: Hey there - Byron - 01-14-2017

Thanks for the welcome guys, and also for the hint. I've already thought about IMG, looks like a fun faction to begin with.
Definitely gonna try it out.

We'll see us in space

RE: Hey there - DraconAUT - 02-07-2017

Helloh, and welcome to Discovery GC.

Cool to see a new face here!
I'm not German, but one of the three (-I think) Austrians here.
We already had the pleasure to meet each other, today. (5th|John.Armada)
Your rp skills are quite impressive, and your english is pretty decent.

Have fun and a good time!

RE: Hey there - Byron - 02-07-2017

Oh dear, I must admit the last thing I expected was you showing up in this thread.

Whatever, thanks for the kind words mate! Means a lot!

Also, I guess we'll see us in space soon enough again.

RE: Hey there - Enkidu - 02-08-2017

Howdy Byron. High culture references in your nametag - I like it.

I'm Tanith. Ironically, I'm an untypical Brit who plays a very typified German - quite the reversal. :>

My current field of expertise is rooted in Rheinland primarily - so if you need any help with anything Rheinland-side, send me a message. I can also be found in Texas, blowing up John Armada's coworkers in the name of the Reichsarbeitergesellschaft.

RE: Hey there - Luke_Dilsinki - 02-08-2017

Hi mate, nice to meet you.

Unfortunately traders dont get to often RP because of their always-busy nature. I have a trader and 2 pirate characters, the pirate (Luke) being my main since it gets to RP more.

My character names are: Luke_Dilsinki (Pirate), Jordan_Dilsinki (Trader), and Han_Dilsinki (Pirate), if you see me around on any of these characters send me a hello if im on my trader. If im on my pirate... well, dont - i more than likely will ask for your credits or cargo, nothing personal, just business, haha.

I normally do business around Pennsylvania and New York.

Anyway, jokes aside, welcome to Discovery!!!

RE: Hey there - Byron - 02-08-2017

Hey guys! Nice to meet you! I'm really quite surprised that my Welcome Thread has been revitalized again to be honest.

Thanks for your offer Tanith. As soon as I'm going to do stuff in Rheinland more often I'll be sure to ask you out about what's goong on there in detail!

And yes, I've already recognized traders can't RP too often because of their hurry sadly. Hence, I already made some RP characters, mostly mercenaries and pirates (by the way, I guess I've already met some of your Dilsinkis)

Whatever, have a nice day, and I hope we'll see us in space soon.

RE: Hey there - Sombs - 06-19-2017

Hey Byron! Welcome to Discovery!