Discovery Gaming Community
Investigation Results and addendum - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Investigation Results and addendum (/showthread.php?tid=147624)

Pages: 1 2

Investigation Results and addendum - Alley - 02-02-2017

For about a month and an half, I have been mapping the events, data and results of everything that has happened from the moment @GamerGirl was banned to the destruction of the forum box and its aftermath. The full details themselves are irrelevant, so instead I will outline the key points here:

- GamerGirl has not been directly involved in any cheating or hacking event. At best she was angry at some other members, but being angry does not constitute a violation of the server rules.

- Duvelske and @ger3mita are responsible of all cheating done, including cheated POB destructions.

- The forum box destruction is unrelated. It was the work of a skid that got hold of a valid ssh key and decided to, well, be a skid. The key was revoked as soon as the snapshot was restored and measures taken to ensure nothing such happens again.

Therefore, the ban of @GamerGirl is hereby revoked. It will however be reinstated immediatly if we spot either Duvelske or ger3mita on the main server. We've also been told ger3mita was on the scene and participating in the siege of the Reutlingen POB. Even though the cheated ship took the base faster than it should have, the Hessian force had wiped the lawful resistance and had more than enough ships to successfully destroy the base. We are therefore not going to restore Reutlingen. Kruger is more than welcome to start a new project shall they desire so.

GamerGirl has expressed the wish to share the following open letter with the community as a whole. Please take some time to read through it.

Additionally, @Lythrilux has been unbanned and put under indefinite probation. He's also forbidden from leading any faction as either 1ic or 2ic.

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Shelco - 02-02-2017

Which POB was the one that got destroyed through cheating?

EDIT: Nevermind, friendly peeps told me already, you may delete this comment ^^

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Alley - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 11:14 PM)Shelco Wrote: Which POB was the one that got destroyed through cheating?

Reutlingen, Iejima, Park Avenue.

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Operator - 02-02-2017

I suggest you to get more Omicron-related characaters now. We're gonna party and we're gonna party hard!

Massive kudos to the team for allowing @Lythrilux to participate in ingame action again!

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Enkidu - 02-02-2017

This will be interesting.

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Altejago - 02-03-2017

I'd say final nail however this coffin is made of nails by now. #finalshovel

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Birdtalon - 02-03-2017

Tell me friends, when did this community abandon reason for madness?

[Image: Tell+me+quot+op+quot+when+did+op+the+fag...085f0b.jpg]

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Tutashkhia - 02-03-2017

(02-02-2017, 11:20 PM)Alley Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:14 PM)Shelco Wrote: Which POB was the one that got destroyed through cheating?

And the Long Island Station?

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Alley - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 09:46 AM)Tutashkhia Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:20 PM)Alley Wrote:

And the Long Island Station?

Slightly different variation, hence why I didn't include it, but yes.

RE: Investigation Results and addendum - Jessitrescott - 02-03-2017

(02-02-2017, 11:10 PM)Alley Wrote: Additionally, @Lythrilux has been unbanned and put under indefinite probation. He's also forbidden from leading any faction as either 1ic or 2ic.

hide yo kids hide yo wives that boi from the omicrons is back !!!