Discovery Gaming Community
BS Tail Flapping - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: BS Tail Flapping (/showthread.php?tid=147782)

BS Tail Flapping - MutantWizard - 02-07-2017

Just bought my first battleship. A Zoner dread. Whenever I engage GoTo or Dock the thing starts to flap its tail at me like its epileptic. It stops doing it in turret view and in manual cruise. Why is that? Can I do something to fix it?

RE: BS Tail Flapping - Eurobeat - 02-07-2017

Because the original game never meant for us to fly anything bigger than freighters, using "autopilot" is slightly buggy. Using freeflight is the best bet to fix this

Unrelated PS. Nephilim =! BS

RE: BS Tail Flapping - thisDerius - 02-07-2017

Its some kind of a bug I think. Only on MP though. SP should be fine I think. Its a big ship so its hard for the game to keep it moving forward automatically.

RE: BS Tail Flapping - Thunderer - 02-07-2017

For some reason it stops after some time of going by autopilot. It appears again if you enter free flight and then return to auto, though.

RE: BS Tail Flapping - Benoit - 02-07-2017

Just strafe left and right two or there times rapidly and the undesired effect will go.

RE: BS Tail Flapping - MotokoSusu - 02-08-2017

One suggestion also a tip when you get in a trade lane stop travel before the last ring or you will have to travel straight up or down to get out of it. and some jump holes that are in rock fields the nose will get stuck on a rock on the other side and you will have to press /stuck like 1000 times or wait till a npc gives you a bump. been flying the Neph for a year. You have to fly that beast not much auto anything with her. but worth all the querks

RE: BS Tail Flapping - Mickk - 02-08-2017

My tips for flying Battleships.

1. You *can* use 'goto' mode, just do NOT target anything before hand, otherwise you will get tail wag.

2. If you have tail wag for whatever reason, you don't need to strafe, just roll your mouse wheel forward, it sorts things out... for a short while at least. It works for me, should work for you.

3. Trade lanes are a pain, get lined up properly well before hand and hope that you don't get bumped by NPC's. Failing that, target the next TL along while you are docking, if you get stuck, just go and dock to the next one. I rarely managed to dock with a TL first time every time, you will have to get used to that fact.

4. Don't use Jump Holes if you can avoid them, but if you must.... hope you don't get stuck halfway like MotokoSusu says happens.

5. Using DOCKING mode from a distance = tail wag. Get up close and personal to where you are going before using auto dock at least for docking with planets, bases etc. Trade lanes don't count and as you will probably find out a pain in the backside.

RE: BS Tail Flapping - MutantWizard - 02-10-2017

Thanks for all the tips!

Strafe works for a while, will also try the mouse wheel.

A bit of flight time relaxation and TLs I can mostly avoid but will have to figure out the JH. Am not intending to sit in one system for the rest of existence.