Discovery Gaming Community
To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola (/showthread.php?tid=148216)

To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 02-25-2017

[Image: 09kfN65.jpg]

Hello, Marie. I wish I had something pleasing to say, but I don't. You made a grave mistake by behaving immoraly with this Gallic crownprincess. You know, I've let you to act on your own initiative, but I never expected something ugly and unprofessional like this. You should've remembered who picked up srtay dog named Geneviève Mercier and gave her a new home and new life, made you piss easy career possible. Did you at least try to think what are you doing and how I will react at this point? No? You are demoted, to say the least.

Now I have to think with who I can replace you, because you cannot just do your job and don't create me additional problems. Was it that hard? For sure it was, but no one would ever give you position like that, without demanding maybe hard, but still quite simple things. Now I should talk with Elaria again, or maybe step in myself, which I don't really want to do. But then again, looking at your failure, I might consider even that. By the way, do you think you still can have some use? Or maybe it's time for you go back to the Taus, from where you came from?

- Loyola

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 02-25-2017

[Image: HBuLj9K.png]

[Image: HHLpytK.png]
Sender: Geneviève Marie Mercier
Recipient: Enma Loyola
Topic: -

I see 'ow it is. I would like to say that I've deserved it, but I 'onestly can't. Won't say that I'll struggle against the decision, but I feel like I couldn't 'ave acted in another way in that situation. I didn't know who was standing in front of me, and I therefore treated the girl like any other catch to be sold as field worker. It won't matter now. Enma, please, if you know what's good for the Nation, contact Charles and implore him to 'ave mercy, because the Warwolves won't. I've served with the Royal Navy, and I've heard and seen what they are capable of. Nothing in Sirius can withstand the onslaught of the King if he sets 'is mind to it. We're just a red dot on the map that 'e can wipe out with a single thumb.

I mean, 'ave you seen Signora Martelli at some point? The President 'as been missing for months now and things are deteriorating more and more at 'ome. The CID might be small, but we can see things, and some of the more influential cartels outside of the National Council are just waiting for us to show some weakness to exploit us — we'll just be another failed attempt at asserting ourselves as legitimate representative. Something 'as to change, Enma, even if this is the last thing you 'ear from me. Current methods do now work, and the fleets will make sure there will be nothing left to cobble together. You think they'll care if you got Charlotte to apply pressure? This is a power game, and the Crown can't afford to show weakness to its people. They won't care for Charlotte's life when they come. Saving it would only be a nice bonus, but the real aim will be erasing Malta from Sirius.

Regardless of whose fault this is now, if we don't do something, the Crown will grind us to powder. If you want to blame me for something I 'ad no control over, go ahead, but consider that this could've 'appened to everyone and that the larger problem will be Warwolves splitting open the planet's crust from above.

</disconnecting from neural net>
</transmission terminated>

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 02-26-2017

I take it as you still want to work with me? It's quite pleasing to see that your analitic skills are more developed now, but aparently it's still not enough. You said you acted like this become of the lack of information, but I always tend to believe that gaining the information and act wise considering it was your main job. Don't think that I am going to put the blame on you. Nor i actually want to keep the discussion about the degree of your fault here. I think we both will find a better use for our time.

As for the CID and families, i think we might assume more radical changes. I am getting sick of those walking bags of money, who keep running the place. They ran Nacion into the civil war and as it seems, this system cannot function properly. They are losing sense of reality and despite everything, keep being very conflicting. This is the road that is leading Nacion to nowhere, I bet you can see that. If anything, I cosider the probability of armed coup. Knowing those fools, it won't be so hard.

Martelli's absence is playing in our favour, as you pointed. In general, this is what happening with people who distant from me to play their own political games. Quite a good lesson, for you included.

Gallics? Well, situation with Charlotte appeared to be more complicated than I believed. I've contacted her family already, hell knows what they have in mind. But we will find out, won't we? Gallic threat is quite serious indeed and I have a bad feelings about it. More asuming is the fact that in this case I control not a lot more than you.

- Loyola

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 02-26-2017

[Image: V4gPSk9.png]

Topic: Future

Regardless of what 'appens, the Gallic remain our greatest threat. It is nice to 'ear that you reached out for the Crown, but don't expect clemency from them. They are used to people bending their knees before them at every turn, and the more time Charlotte spends with us on Corsica, the more she will remember us when it comes to passing judgement.

Besides us, nobody today knows what it's like leading a bunch of children on Malta who are more occupied with their own squabbling than to stand up against those that menace them. You speak of your dislike to the nobles, and I can only agree. Cardamine is a gift that could enable those who have it to attain feats that can't even be dreamed of by normal people, and they are squandering it. Whatever you plan for them, I'll be be'ind you for it.

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 03-05-2017

Please don't be paranoid about the Gauls, even if they will come, they won't stay for long. Omicron expeditions is not something that Royal Navy got used to, even though they can cause collosal damage. Maybe more damage than Malta could take, but in this case, it's too late to worry. If Malta will burn, I will be the last one to feel bad be sure.

Speaking of the families, I'm already begun my work in this direction. And you know, I am efficient and usualy reaching my goals. Hm, so yeah, your CID career is over now. I wonder if I should disband CID along with your resignation, it served it's goal. In any case, is there any duty that you would like to perform, I like initiative and appreciate any intiative that is coming from you.

- Loyola

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 03-06-2017

[Image: aggwOKV.png]

You are more than aware that I am useful. The CID 'as been a mere tool to control the squabbling families and prevent them from starting another civil war. It 'as been effective in that regard, but it was only treating the symptoms of what you already mentioned. The families are a problem and I don't see 'ow this fatal flaw in design can be dealt with. I defer to your wisdom in this, and do as you say. The man of the Armed Forces 'as given me the artifact you requesed, and I payed for it using CID funds. Currently, it is locked away on Corsica, where it is yours for the taking.

I'd like to 'old a long speech about 'ow I may serve, but you know that I'm not well with words. I think you'll know for yourself when you need me.

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Loyola - 03-11-2017

Well, CID was unseful, but soon I will have a direct control over the government. I will need you to take off as many guards from the next Council session as possible, along with providing me with the security architecture. We will simply convince them to give up the political power voluntarily. We won't be able to set control over the financial, because this is what they will really fight for. Knowing them, they will think that it's temporary as it was with the Crimson Cross, but I don't think we will make the same mistakes,

As for the artifact, thank you. Also this admiral, Hall, got some potential. I would probably recommend you to work more closely with him. I know, he's old, but we might be using his services in the furute. I think you might be able to make him even more cooperative.

- Loyola

RE: To: Marietta Mercante \\ From: Enma Loyola - Foxglove - 03-13-2017

[Image: mBrwQuJ.png]

The guards are not really the problem. If necessary, they can be overwhelmed quickly, since nobody expects an actual incident within the 'alls of the Council. Now, your problem will be getting there. While the compound itself is acessible like any other, the actual Council building is 'eavily policed. People coming there are usually gathered in the atrium, where they are divided into groups and given a colored electronic wristbands and are instructed to follow the colored lines of the ground corresponding to their band's color, because they lead to where they will be given whatever they came for — or not, depending on what they want. If they stray, they're arrested, since it's rather easy to spot people who don't belong with this rather primitive color marking method. Most people are given red bands, which are the petitioners who want to entreat 'elp in some form.

If you will be content with bringing a group of not more than a dozen, I can convince the dame at the reception to 'and out green colors to your group. You will notice that there is no path to follow for that color, and that's because green 'as complete access to the building. It is also why it'd be clever to take a small group, as it would be strange if too many people started running around with green. If that is enough for what you're planning, I would suggest we do it this way, as it would be the most quiet way where you could simply walk freely for a few 'ours to do your work. I can't guarantee you that there will be no violence if we decide for something more... drastic.