Discovery Gaming Community
Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required (/showthread.php?tid=148431)

Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Suspense - 03-03-2017

Good evening!

I'm looking for clarification about what counts as an end to an engagement or player interaction. I've been in the following situation:

1. friendly destroyer in ZOI under attack by 2 hostile destroyers (i.e. it was being fired upon)
2. write into system chat: (1) "what the actual --" and then (2) "hang on, help is coming!", then wait ~10 seconds
3. land a few salvos on one of the destroyers, as a snub, the inRP idea was to recognize an ineffective engagement and come back with help
4. get trash-talked in // ooRP chat
5. searched around for nearby friendlies in chat to gather help
6. friendly destroyer rekt, attackers remain in position
7. keep stalking around cloaked, gathering intel on hostiles, saying a word every now and then into local chat (although I'm not quite sure they also received it, I was near 15k at this time)
8. help arrives, 2 friendly destroyers
9. friendlies start new RP talk, I don't (I could have too, but choose not to)
10. friendlies open fire, I'm tasked with maintaining CD
11. get trash talked in PM and // ooRP chat for several minutes for "engaging twice without RP" and "spamming CD, even though they weren't using cruise engines"

Now I didn't respond to any of the trash-talking, because I felt there was no point in doing so. Was I right ignoring it, or did I mis-interpret the RP rules? In my interpretation, for me, this was one single engagement, against a hostile ID, in my ZOI, and by first giving enough time to react.

Am I right to assume that my interpretation of the RP rules was correct?

RE: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Shizune - 03-03-2017

Unless they saw you docking and got the green message, or shot you down personally, you have not broken any rules. If you got outside of their scan range, docked and repaired (or whatever) and came back, then your fine. The "If you cruise away" rule was removed sometime ago.

Your not the one at fault here, the second you started getting PM'd ooRPly is when the enemies should of been promply reported. So no, your completely fine unless they did shoot you down OR if they saw your dock message

RE: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Suspense - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 10:31 PM)Shizune Wrote: Unless they saw you docking and got the green message, or shot you down personally, you have not broken any rules.

Thank you for the clarification, neither of these happened.

RE: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Calo - 03-03-2017

Quote:7. keep stalking around cloaked, gathering intel on hostiles, saying a word every now and then into local chat (although I'm not quite sure they also received it, I was near 15k at this time)

This needs green clarification, because gathering info while cloaked (e.g. in order to give someone FR5 as official faction) was raised a few times on the forums.

RE: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - HanCloudstone - 03-04-2017

How is gathering intel while cloaked wrong, however? I mean, it's a stealth device, it's working as intended. A tool of spies and ambushers.

RE: Rules of re-engagement, clarification required - Calo - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 12:25 AM)HanCloudstone Wrote: How is gathering intel while cloaked wrong, however? I mean, it's a stealth device, it's working as intended. A tool of spies and ambushers.

Basically, this thread.