Discovery Gaming Community
Reduce NPC count in New York - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Reduce NPC count in New York (/showthread.php?tid=148591)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - Shelco - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 03:26 PM)HanCloudstone Wrote: hippity hoppity give me your property.

I love this sentence so much but why does it have to be like this for New york even if there are the most players? And as I said it is not only about pirating but also about RP which gets interrupted by this. Another thing is that with how combatant transports are right now, pirates that don't sit in GB's or Cruisers have it kind of hard already, why do they need to bother with GB NPC's around them?

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - HanCloudstone - 03-10-2017

@Shelco would you like to see some modification that scales npc spawns depending on number of players in system instead of people on server? I definitely would.
But, to be honest, if you go pirating in a capital system, you should expect your hand to be slapped. This is where things are done and if they aren't done safely, Houses suffer a blow to their reputation. Hence the dakkaships around. They really want that spice to flow.

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - sasapinjic - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 03:30 PM)Shelco Wrote: Another thing is that with how combatant transports are right now

There is only couple of Battle Transports that fly out there , 98.64 % of traders are greedy-armorless-shieldless-5k-fast -runners ! Aww

inRP I agree with you but it still is a pain in the butt, it also reduces unlawful activity in New York, there are enough lawfuls already, that's not what we need right now, I just want to RP or shoot/pirate safely without getting shot by the player AND a lot of gunboats.

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - Etaphreven - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 03:16 PM)Shelco Wrote: The thing is however, the more players there are, the less NPC's there usually are, right? You just can't even RP around Manhatten without getting shot by NPC's, this is only the case in Liberty though, I have never seen that many NPC's in other capitals. Sure, as a lawful it is funny because you are untouchable but as an unlawful it's just frustrating to get shot by 3 GB's with CD's, 15 Avengers with 2.00's that hurt and a Battleship while typing, right?

That's why as a LN I won't come to RP on top of Buffalo. You're the one with ridiculous demands here; it's not supposed to be easy to RP next to Manhattan because it's not supposed to be easy for a pirate to even be there. Next thing you're gonna ask to remove station weapons too, so you can sit on Trenton like in vanilla days. My suggestion is to stop b**tching about it with your "sure, as a lawful it's funny" attitude as it gets you nowhere. :p

FYI, I have more unlawfuls than lawfuls.

@Shelco well, duh, that's the point. It's much, much safer to pirate in nearby systems than inside the wasp hive. You should just understand that and do your thing where lawfuls don't have whole fleets that support them.
This place is not a player interaction vacuum, so you need to understand what you're capable of and avoid biting more than the environment allows you to chew.

I am not b*tching about it, relax, dude. I am just saying what I see.

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - Langolier - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 03:38 PM)HanCloudstone Wrote: @Shelco would you like to see some modification that scales npc spawns depending on number of players in system instead of people on server? I definitely would.

+1

RE: Reduce NPC count in New York - Etaphreven - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 03:49 PM)Shelco Wrote: I am not b*tching about it, relax, dude. I am just saying what I see.

Oh, I'm as relaxed as can be. And yes you are, regardless of what you want to call it. Tongue

@Etaphreven @Shelco *hisses angrily*
Let's stay on topic, please.