Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Omicron - 03-12-2017

The Order| as far I consulted is not happy with state of event as it is now. I was personally denied any possibility of any imput, all details were established by HF, Auxesia, Sindroms and Teerin (dev lead) only. The Order| is not interested in so one sided event that has us fly the very few (almost non-existent) transport fleet across entire Sirius with every single ID in living world permitted to shoot down us across at very least dozens of systems with objective to deliver 500k cargo. We are not willing to participate against faction that has very little "love" for us, feelings mutual where all inhibitions of fair play will go out of the window. We are not willing to go against much more numerous, capital ship armed factions that have homebases one jump away wherever only Order| itself is able to deploy its limited number of capships, most of which are in Omicrons. One of my members (Inferno) already was brutally destroyed not far from Atum just trying to vacate the area in hope to avoid the drama, Auxesia bent on overpowering and powergaming its way though event.

Order| itself is boycotting the event.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Shaggy - 03-12-2017

I approve of this. I stated my side of it in the event thread which can be seen and as Golanski has stated. Inferno ship was destroyed while trying to leave by a large force.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=148651&pid=1873987#pid1873987
Note my reply here. I will await on your judgement and proceed with either canceling this event or no from there on.

From the submission, I was given the impression that the factions involved were on board with this, or that at least the sides were informed.
Oh well.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Robert - 03-12-2017

I also approve. I feel that how everything is setup right now, is very unbalanced.
I dont even want to undock with my fighter when I know there are bunch of enemy forces from multiple hostile factions near Atum for this event.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Chrono - 03-12-2017

I too concur with my Faction leader and member. I will not be participating in this heavily one sides, show of powergaming force. To further this argument and reasoning, I would like to it to be known that until a little under an hour ago, NO ONE in the faction's official Skype chat knew ANYTHING about this farce not EVEN our leader, Michi (Omicron). This was all planned behind the factions back, 100% and such a thing being approved by the Discovery Freelancer Administration is outright disrespectful TO our OFFICIAL Faction.

~Jess

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

I am currently getting two contradicting points from both sides. Quite frankly, I have better things to do than to drag you into the Green Room again.
I am giving you a hour to figure out whether or not you want this event to happen and if not, I am implementing the next one.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Omicron - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 12:54 PM)sindroms Wrote: From the submission, I was given the impression that the factions involved were on board with this, or that at least the sides were informed.
Oh well.

Order| as a whole had no say over the event and the event was done without Order| HC's explicit interest or approval.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Thyrzul - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Omicron Wrote: The Order| is not interested in so one sided event that has us fly the very few (almost non-existent) transport fleet across entire Sirius

Does this mean Order in general is barely or not at all capable to support one of their own battleships far away from the rest of their forces via a quite ineffective, costy and long supply line? Or is it just that the Order playerbase doesn't really like to properly represent that helluva stretch of forces and fly all the way to where Atum is, but otherwise pretty fine with their extension of influence provided by the location of that ship because it's more convenient that way?

Just saying, according to FLCompanion the shortest route between Taba and Atum with a 15k credit profit is about 40% more profitable than the average ore route.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Chrono - 03-12-2017

I.E, no one in the faction knew jack squat.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - PRJKTLRD - 03-12-2017

This event seems one sided a lot. Should we mention that Order and other group (s) sided with Order weren't consulted with at all.

I honestly didn't have any idea of this happening, up until now. I mean like, we were all aware of NEMP bombs for Freeport 11, or for Cali jump gate in New York.

And as well, the number of units for the commodities to be brought, it's just crazy. Even if nobody would take down onto transports, it would require a lot of the time. Time that isn't even close, when you compare it to other similar events.

I support this petition. You could've instead, at least, give more inRP trails leading to this, but it happened only all of sudden.