Discovery Gaming Community
Changes & Clarity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Changes & Clarity (/showthread.php?tid=148781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Changes & Clarity - Teerin - 03-16-2017

In response to some concerns that have been brought up, and as part of some internal changes that have legitimately been in the works for some time now, here is a report on progress of internal changes we have recently undergone. I could have posted this in my personal transparency thread, but that would have received far less attention than a front page post, and we feel that publicity is necessary.

Dev Team Structure

The following members of the dev team have recently stepped down due to inactivity and/or a prolonged personal leave of absence from which they may not return: @Arioch, @Auriec, @"John Wildkins"

The following members of the dev team have been put on internal probation, limiting their roles and capabilities without direct supervision: @Durandal, @Haste, @Auzari
@Durandal will be stepping down as Models Department Head to a Senior position for the time being, removed from SLIS Planning, and demoted from Senior PvP Balance Developer to Junior. We need to review the internal functionality of the Models/Effects/Art Developers as a whole, lighten their general workload, and take on more people.
@Haste will be stepping down as PvP Balance Department Head to a Junior position for the time being. The PvP Balance Department as a whole will be limited to fixing reported bugs, resolving critical issues, and creating stats for new models content until a new department head can be hired on.
@Auzari will remain limited as a Trainee System Modifier and Effects Artist for the time being.

The following members of the dev team have been removed from service, citing various concerns that I must avoid specifically listing for reasons of trial-by-forum: @Antonio, @Omicron

In response to community input, we are also reverting a few gameplay changes, which you can expect to see in the next update:
- Reintroduction of tracking missiles as an auxiliary fighter weapon.
- Reintroduction of codenames through lootable wrecks.

4.89 Initial is approximately 2-3 weeks away from release (barring catastrophe, armageddon, and real life conflicts). There will be numerous system and story changes, and more is to come with 4.89 Final. We will appreciate any and all reported bugs, though it is our hope that they are few in number.

Some concerns have also been voiced about the way members of the development team have conducted themselves and put forth their agendas regarding certain matters, without consequence. Having worked with them and personally communicated with many of you, I can assure you that this is not allowed to happen. Yes, there are a few things which do slip through, and mistakes or errors of judgement are made which grant a greater appearance of this, yet we are working to correct them (as seen in this thread and elsewhere) and prevent further issues from occurring in the future.

Remember that, as a general rule: personal, factional, and regional biases are not something I permit on the development team. If you have a serious concern you wish to address, I am easily reachable through Skype (which you can find on my profile) and will respond to any problems that are brought to my attention.

EDIT: The old development contribution forum will also soon be making a comeback, to help people publicly pitch in more.

Thank you for your time to read this. I am leaving this post unlocked for responses and feedback. Please remember to keep all discussions civil; I hear the Moderators have been itching for more stuff to do.

- @Teerin

RE: Changes & Clarity - Epo - 03-16-2017

Tracking missiles? I love you.

Speaking serious, thank you, appreciated. And good luck with pushing the patch further. Thank you for your time you spend for the better Discovery.

RE: Changes & Clarity - Operator - 03-16-2017

It finally feels good again. Thank you very much.

RE: Changes & Clarity - Calo - 03-16-2017

[Image: yGrWDzH.png]
Way to go, Dev Team. We all count on you.

RE: Changes & Clarity - HassLHoFF™ - 03-16-2017

Just a question. Who is active within the dev team?

RE: Changes & Clarity - Kauket - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 11:00 PM)Crypto Wrote: Just a question. Who is active within the dev team?

anyone that isn't listed as inactive? that's a very broad question.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=132847

RE: Changes & Clarity - Sombs - 03-16-2017

Quote:In response to community input, we are also reverting a few gameplay changes, which you can expect to see in the next update:

Labraid will be useful again (sun)

Good job with all of this. Smile

RE: Changes & Clarity - Stone21 - 03-16-2017

Quote:In response to community input, we are also reverting a few gameplay changes, which you can expect to see in the next update:

Good to hear that. Hopefully these will not be useless, like poor damage or poor tracking.
I'd rather get the the auxiliary slot removed altogether and bring back torpedo slot and 1 missile slot together with all the missiles we had.

RE: Changes & Clarity - nOmnomnOm - 03-17-2017

i'd love to have the previous version of the screamer back.... you know... the one that had area damage and not just direct damage?
or am i wrong.........

RE: Changes & Clarity - Traxit - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 12:38 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: i'd love to have the previous version of the screamer back.... you know... the one that had area damage and not just direct damage?
or am i wrong.........

the damage coupled with the radius was op and got nerfed appropriately, it shouldn't revert to its original state.