Discovery Gaming Community
Slight Bounty rule amendment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Slight Bounty rule amendment (/showthread.php?tid=148791)

Slight Bounty rule amendment - Tunicle - 03-17-2017

To stem a potential problem that has appeared, either by accident or choice, rule 1 here has been qualified regarding post location. Effective from now.

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Kauket - 03-17-2017

I've always wondered, what if you attack someone for a bounty claim, but someone else steals the blue - thus - you're unable to post/claim it?

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Tunicle - 03-17-2017

In the cases where that has happened players have contacted us and the problem sorted out case by case. Only real concern arises when it turns into a habit.

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Kauket - 03-17-2017

So wait, you /have/ to contact the admins after every incidence of it... or?

Because if someone was publicly exclaiming doing a bounty but failing to get the blue is kinda self explanatory - even through analysing the logs.

No need to contact admins unless it ends up appearing as a sanction - Tunicle

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Silver - 03-17-2017

Let me get this straight.

You hired by a contract. You shoot someone, and that someone either dies to another one or docks and we still have to post?
Either I am drunk and I do not know it, or I am too deep in C# for my mind to understand this.

Edit: Scratch that. Too much C#.
What's this about after all?

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Hannibal - 03-17-2017

This sounds like someone was trying to get out of sanction by saying he didnt knew where to post a claim, i mean.. c'mon , really?

Although the changes are even more "confusing" you are telling us that we need to post everytime we try to claim someone, how are the bounty owners have to deal with that? just reply "ok" ? or . . Confused

If you are trying to keep a record of every attempt of claim why not add a ooRP thread for this purpose alone?

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Devastator - 03-17-2017

I believe that they are stating that if you are attempting to collect a bounty from a faction then you must post your claim on the correct forums. It is not indicative that for every attempted bounty you have to post. I believe the problem arises due to people claiming bounties out side of the bounty boards. It is also stating that you cannot use bounty hunting as an excuse to PvP someone if the bounty is not posted on the bounty boards. For example you fly out a kill some one for a bounty and then post your claim on a message dump or other non-viable thread. This is prohibited. But if you fly out and fail to get Blue I do not believe that you would have to post. That is at least how I read the rule.

RE: Slight Bounty rule amendment - Calo - 03-17-2017

Quote:1. All bounties must be posted in the appropriate forum, here. If you attack another player to claim a bounty and the bounty is not posted on the forum, you are open to a PvP abuse sanction. You can post RP elsewhere, as appropriate, but any bounty needs recording via that link.

That always bothered me, but now we have that clarification. However, there's a catch: what in case it is the flatrate fee without sending proof (a.k.a. paid regardless the kills) every time? How does it look like? Does it also need to be posted on that forum?

Also, does the ID that is DE FACTO not Freelancer/Bunter ID which is paid for NOT targetting X or Y faction fall into bounties? Technically it's sort of reversed piracy cause X party pays Y player not to target their ships.

@Hannibal, you have a blocked PM box. I cannot really post a reply to your thought on why such thing was introduced, even if I wrote X, Y, Z player(s).